• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The price really kills this. Watching some of the videos made me smile ear to ear but there's no way to justify that price if you're not fabulously rich. They either need to plus it massively, lower the price, or find some in between.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I think the idea is really cool as a "lore/roleplaying" thing

But Disney is so obscenely careful at every junction to differentiate "employees" from "regular guests".

And then this is making me laugh my ass off:

Spend $5K to hang out with the incest couple

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
the only 'reviews' i will believe are when paying guests go. Think i read somewhere disney is being very strict about what reviews can mention etc so i dont think many if any will be anything other than very positive given they have been invited there by disney themselves.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Can you all spot this Penn & Teller level slight-of-hand where the retractable (but probably flimsy) light saber gets swapped for a more durable one?

I've watched this video 400 times and haven't been able to spot any point when he could have possibly switched them please help

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

You'd think they'd at least attempt a dance that felt a bit more... scifi. The stuff like space bingo is inevitable as a lot of the really cool shit people would probably like to actually do from the SW universe isn't really all that feasible in a packed to the gils live experience. So they end up just giving a bunch of shit you'd see at your average resort a SW coating and call it a day. I'm sure there is space shuffleboard or something as well.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Spend $5K to hang out with the incest couple

e9c8f241c5bf3ddb9a71e939c9c9ea83.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It originally sounded cool but everything since its actually been built looks weird or bad.

I honestly don't even think it looks Star Wars-ish and looks more Trek.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched this video 400 times and haven't been able to spot any point when he could have possibly switched them please help

You're joking right? You can see the actor activate the fancy lightsaber then bend down on one knee for no reason, spend a second grabbing the second lightsaber just out of sight before rising back up. Its plain as day.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds overpriced, but amazing. Is it weird that people saying it's exhausting only makes it more interesting? Seems like Disney is trying to deliver a real experience for your money.

Hard to justify the price, but this is now on my list of things I want to do. I'll never forgive myself for not going to the "Star Trek Experience" before it was closed.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Awesome for what it is, would be willing to plan a vacation around doing it, but yes, it's very expensive .

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Some parents like Star Wars. There are vastly more adults than children at conventions like Star Wars Celebration. Why would this be any different?
They certainly do. I recall when we took a Disney cruise 4 years ago and it had a Star Wars day. The costumes that some of these families had were insane, they must have had luggage just for that day. My son thought it was cool and was able to wear his robe and lightsaber all day, but I don't think we could do this.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If the price was lowered, a third day was added to go to any of the parks and not just a brief afternoon trip to Galaxy's Edge, and improvements that some reviews pointed out were made, I would be more interested in going.

It just seems like this suffered from poor marketing prior to this.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
the only 'reviews' i will believe are when paying guests go. Think i read somewhere disney is being very strict about what reviews can mention etc so i dont think many if any will be anything other than very positive given they have been invited there by disney themselves.

first paying guests are next week, watch out on Touring Plans blog for more.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
I can't take any of these reviews at "face value" when all these influencers and vloggers were comped for the entire time.

Getting a 5k experience for free you'll be hard pressed to say anything negative.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Whoa I lost track, didn't know these impression videos were coming so soon.

I will watch them this morning, starting with Ordinary Adventures, as they are my fav (even if they aren't know for being very critical of Disney Parks stuff)

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll ever opt for this experience, but I gotta say I was extremely impressed by the Rise of the Resistance ride at Galaxy's Edge.

Smugglers run was far less impressive, but that was partly due to the woman sitting in the pilot seat who had no idea what to do and kept crashing the ship into literally everything.

First time I rode Smugglers run it was an absolute disaster.

It was my fiance and I + a family of 4.

We got stuck as engineers. It was a kid who was like 5 as the Pilot and couldn't reach the controls, the Mother vlogged the entire thing as the second pilot. We spent the entire time bouncing around into anything and everything.

When your guest experience relies on other guests doing their part it leads to a huge potential for a bad experience.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the actual paying costumers experience impressions.

From what I saw, this looks kind of lame for me, heavily reliant on the quality of the cast members also.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
It would be worth the cost if it truly delivers and makes you feel like you're truly in that world for two days, particularly given how shit the real world is currently.

...We have tickets for this July. I'm skeptical it will live up to the expectation, but we're going all-in on the experience and going in character and costume lul.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Sounds overpriced, but amazing. Is it weird that people saying it's exhausting only makes it more interesting? Seems like Disney is trying to deliver a real experience for your money.

Hard to justify the price, but this is now on my list of things I want to do. I'll never forgive myself for not going to the "Star Trek Experience" before it was closed.
Sounds like min/maxers to me.

They're talking about "best storylines" or whatever instead of just having a "go with the flow" experience that makes these sorts of things fun. Don't think just do. It's not as improv as some expected so there are certain limits, but if I went I'd still treat it that way and make decisions as they come rather than strictly focus on some sort of end-goal I want. Maybe if I went back a second time I'd take on a different persona, but for my first and likely only trip, I'd just be myself.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Found out you can get blue and green milk on tap and it's serve yourself during breakfast and lunch. Price redeemed for the opportunity of all you can drink blue/green mixed milk

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sounded cool when I first heard of it, and I would have probably loved it as a Star Wars-obsessed teen, but all of this stuff makes it sound like absolute hell.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So just to clarify, you're spending 2 days on Disney World property to... not visit the theme parks?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So just to clarify, you're spending 2 days on Disney World property to... not visit the theme parks?
You get to go to Galaxy's Edge on one of those days. I imagine you have freedom to go all around Hollywood Studios but restricted by the time you have to get back to your transport.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
You may aswell charge that price up front since people will pay it. You can always lower price and scale it back later.

Like when every remaster is released for 60 bucks and people compain but it drops to like 10 bucks a couple months later. Get all those 60 dollar suckers up front.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You may aswell charge that price up front since people will pay it. You can always lower price and scale it back later.

Like when every remaster is released for 60 bucks and people compain but it drops to like 10 bucks a couple months later. Get all those 60 dollar suckers up front.

GameFAQs thread idea - 1 two-day trip to Galactic Starcruiser or 100 Elden Rings?

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
So it's basically Westworld but Star Wars theme? I mean, this is obviously for the hardcore fans / rich families.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy Star Wars, but this seems too much to me. I feel like I'd be stressed by that itinerary even though Jenny Nicholson confirmed it's optional. I'd rather just go to the parks.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
If I was offered this for free, I'd probably go but it might be hard for me to get through the cringe.

Fair play to the people there, who clearly will enjoy it, it's a 'me' problem - but yeah, knowing what some of the people there would be like I'd honestly struggle.

I think I'd personally have a much better time hitting the theme parks and going back to a villa or something.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is not for me, but I have a friend/coworker and his wife who are REALLY into this and trying to get a waiting list or something to go. On TikTok I've seen a bunch of people posting videos.

Oooh, this is an actual cruise ship, like a boat on water? I wasn't sure if it was a stationary hotel or not. I was thinking that I'd get claustrophobic without being able to see outside ever, but that makes sense.

The rooms are surprisingly spacious for a cruise ship TBH.

Are you always inside? Like, is there no outdoor portion to this?

The people who I know who was really excited for it are adults with kids (5 and 8 or so). I'm with you, it's not for me, it would be like my hell, but I get how some people might really be into it.
No it's a building attached to Hollywood Studios and the star wars land there

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The cost is insane and I'm curious how it'll do over time. I'd like to experience it but not that bad, especially since it's only a 2 day thing.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's clearly got some cool elements but mixed with a lot of cringey stuff. But either way there's no point taking these reviews at face value when they are on freebies and want to stay on disneys good side.

The lack of fresh air and light seems a killer to me, on a cruise at least you can go outside whereas it's all fake windows here isn't it

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
My friend and his family went to this as part of a cast preview/beta test and they loved it. his kids are around 6 and 10 and they actually thought they were in space, haha. I think it would be a cool experience that would depend on how good the performers are, but he said they were all very professional and well trained. I still think its too expensive, but its a very premium experience that I think would be one of those once in a lifetime things, and if I get the opportunity to go, I would.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this seems no less cringe than a cosplay convention or Renaissance fair which era members go to. Disney probably knows there are enough people willing to shell out 5000$ (it's also be they'll sell loan policies that'll get people to go and disney gets interest)