• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
There are some crummy holidays based on some bad beliefs, but this one is by far the worst since the premise is pretty meh in modern times and it's actively annoying.

Your holiday experience is:
-Living in a virtual warzone with constant simulated mortar and gunfire, 7pm-1am, 2 weeks straight. People with babies, animals, and vets. Yeah, F you.
-Merica' #1
-Tourists everywhere and busy traffic.
-You can finally legally BBQ, camp, and picnic since it's apparently banned all 364 other days of the year... right?
-America hoorah wooo woo wooo wooo
-Everyone in the neighborhood just throws away money on explosives instead of maintaining and fixing their yards/houses. In fact, I find this time of the year strangely yards tend to go uncut as if they can't afford gas for the mowers...
-Did I tell you America is the best? Yeah, screw you world we are the best.

On the flip side, Halloween rocks. Laughing and joyful kids, cute costumes, and most people hide in their homes and stay quiet because they are too cheap to buy treats for the neighborhood (saving up for them fireworks 4 next year).

Sorry, I don't like making threads in general and complaining threads on top of that are really tacky, but I hate this holiday so much. I used to love it as a kid since in my old town it lasted 1 night only for a few hours, but ever since I moved everywhere has been a nightmare.

Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
images

You take that back BROTHA.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I just had one of my neighbors shoot fireworks for like 4 straight hours so I 100% fucking agree.

I get the appeal of fireworks for like 10 minutes, they're cool to look at. But if you're the kind of person who shoots them for multiple hours on end you're just a jerk.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
The exact same stuff minus the patriotism happens on new years. People have BBQs on Labor Day too.

I know a lot of people on this forum are antisocial but this is a bit much.

Jan 11, 2018
Agreed completely OP. Fireworks are fucking annoying and obnoxious. Ive got music blasting to drown them out.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
The reason for the holiday is better than the BS that now comes with it.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a big party with good food, family/friends and fireworks. I love it!

Unfortunately covid got in the way this year.

OP
OP
Cats

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
The exact same stuff minus the patriotism happens on new years. People have BBQs on Labor Day too.

I know a lot of people on this forum are antisocial but this is a bit much.
If it was kept to ~1 night it would be fine. I like people having fun and I don't think every purchase needs to be 100% super serious hardcore. It's the people who do this for hours and hours straight, into the early morning when we have work, weeks at a time. It's gotten really obnoxious and now that I'm on day ~13 of this I'm just so over it.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Tbh, I think Easter is the worst and most useless Holiday, but yeah not a big fan of the 4th. At least there tends to be good food involved. And the organized fire work shows are pretty neat.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Holiday isn't even on the right day. Should be July 2nd.

Edit: I hope all you people posting gifs of a racist are doing so ironically.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We get two days out of the year to be as loud as we want and cause PTSD to veterans without getting arrested.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For the past few weeks it's like I've been stuck in a Call of Duty game. Now my cat is hiding under my bed :C

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
If it was kept to ~1 night it would be fine. I like people having fun and I don't think every purchase needs to be 100% super serious hardcore. It's the people who do this for hours and hours straight, into the early morning when we have work, weeks at a time. It's gotten really obnoxious and now that I'm on day ~13 of this I'm just so over it.

It depends on where you live I guess. Most people where I live are pretty good about only shooting off a lot of fireworks on the night of.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
It's been three hours now and those motherfuckers are still blasting their fireworks and making my dog suffer from hysteria.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fourth of July is awesome, fireworks are awesome. Few things are more exciting than lighting up the fuse of a mortar and then running away, not knowing exactly when and how the explosion will occur.

The worst Federally observed holidays are probably Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving. The first two are just boring and unimaginative attempts to glorify US military hegemony, and Thanksgiving just sucks because you have to deal with asshat family members.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the 4th sucks for a holiday. My wife usually makes us go out to watch fireworks. I hate fireworks. Not because they're loud, scary or whatever. Because I'm not six years old nor is my IQ 70.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
e6c.jpg

Halloween is worst holiday IMO. So many people so hot and bothered over fireworks on this board

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Never been a big fan myself. I feel like you have to have some kind of mental impairment to want to spend a small fortune on fireworks to light off.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Cinco de Mayo is somewhat worse, if only because it was appropriated by white people in the US as just another excuse to get shitfaced.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4th of July really is a garbage-tier holiday. It only gets so much play because there are like 3 good weather days in the US that everyone gets off.

Also, people who light off fireworks are fucking cave people.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Easily the worst holiday. Next year I'm going to see if I can rent a spotlight so I can point directly at my neighbor's house to try to ruin his nonstop fireworks barrage. Fuck him.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I'm stressed out cause the fireworks are right by my house. Turned my music on loud to try to drown out the noise.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
6 hours straight of shooting off fireworks, scaring my cat, and waking up my toddler for the last 2 hours. The only part of the 4th that's worth a damn is the BBQ and apple pie for dessert.

Nah, fuck July 4th.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
There are way too many gifs of that racist shithead Hulk Hogan in this thread, first and foremost

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Fourth of July rocks. It's pretty rad to celebrate "secularly" (the same way many do with Christmas) without all the hoo-rah USA shit.

Thanksgiving is the worst, easily. Hands down. The food sucks (bland as shit lowest denominator stuff), the mythologized history of it worse than the same of 7/4, and it ends at like 4pm now so that everyone can go shop.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
If I hadn't been hearing fireworks into the early morning for the past month/month and a half, I'd actually be pretty okay. Now its tired, and done, and I am feeling grumpy as fuck

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get work off without using vacation days and I don't have to actually give a shit about the holiday

works for me