• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Seems like every movie i get from Best Buy comes damaged in some way. >.>
I love not having to pay for shipping through them, but i guess you get what you pay for with them.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like every movie i get from Best Buy comes damaged in some way. >.>
I love not having to pay for shipping through them, but i guess you get what you pay for with them.

Shipping is a disaster this holiday season from what I'm noticing. I think it's more about the holidays and even the delivery companies than anything else. Hell, UPS around in the Bay Area is using U Haul trucks because they're out of normal UPS trucks. I have never ever seen that before.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Both my Once Upon Time In Hollywood and IT 2 steelbook s came with a scratch or black mark on it, other than that they're good. Feels like a Christmas miracle if you get a steel in perfect condition, not even sure it's possible.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Both my Once Upon Time In Hollywood and IT 2 steelbook s came with a scratch or black mark on it, other than that they're good. Feels like a Christmas miracle if you get a steel in perfect condition, not even sure it's possible.
That makes me worried about my RoboCop steelbook, but I bought it from Amazon. Missing Link came in today with a huge hole through the slip and the case, but luckily it didn't damage the disc from what I can tell. Bought some replacement cases

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Finished Missing Link and WOW the animation is top notch. The movie itself isn't mind-blowing, but it's a pretty decent comedy adventure.
BreakableInfiniteDobermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

It's such a shame this movie bombed as hard as it did and I hope this doesn't kill Laika.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm mad I can't find my Blu Ray of Dawn of The Dead. Had no idea how dare that one was....>.> Do any of you guys buy multiple copies of the same movie? 1 for personal use and 1 sealed?

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all,

Best Buy is having a major 1 day sale on Disney steelbooks. It's a buy 2 get 1 free deal but some of them are already incredibly marked down (especially considering Disney). I have Toy Story 1, 2, and 4 steelbooks in my cart for only $30.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I ended up rebuying Big Hero 6, Tangled, and Moana because they are 20 dollars cheaper then the Black Friday deal, and I wouldn't be able to adjust the price on them, but can return them instead now.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up just getting TS4. I'll be fine with my TS1 & 2 regular blus. I had an old visa gift card so it was $0 out of pocket.

ED: already ready for pickup!

Last edited:

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
Yes, seven Worlds came today, earlier than expected. Some David Attenborough chillnes tonight. Hope he will make another series, will be a sad day when he's gone.

Btw. watched our planet yesterday on netflix - fresh water episode, kingfisher looked so good and clean o_O Nature documentaries really shine in 4k/HDR.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the Best Buy tip. I scored Moana, Dr. Strange, Civil War, and Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 all in 4K for $70. That's ~$12 a movie!

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Damn TS4 looks amazing on 4k. Just Damn. Atmos mix is pretty great too. Only have to turn the volume up 3 "notches" on my receiver haha.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself a bunch of new films:
Arrow Films; Waterworld (with the Ulysses Cut) and The Exorcist 3 that includes the (for as much as possible) Directors Cut.
Eureka; Les Misérables (1934 Masters of Cinema) and Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Warner Archive Collection; Mr. Nice Guy
And I received my free copy of Bohemian Rhapsody that I got for purchasing the 4k blu-ray player. Really happy with the haul, in the UK it's going to be real fun!

Finished Missing Link and WOW the animation is top notch. The movie itself isn't mind-blowing, but it's a pretty decent comedy adventure.
BreakableInfiniteDobermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

It's such a shame this movie bombed as hard as it did and I hope this doesn't kill Laika.

I'm so pissed how this film did, it was gone from theaters even before the end of the first week. I had no chance at all to watch it and it was gone. Laika is so darn good and deserves so much more :(

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My haul for today! :)

Got myself a bunch of new films:
Arrow Films; Waterworld (with the Ulysses Cut) and The Exorcist 3 that includes the (for as much as possible) Directors Cut.
Eureka; Les Misérables (1934 Masters of Cinema) and Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Warner Archive Collection; Mr. Nice Guy
And I received my free copy of Bohemian Rhapsody that I got for purchasing the 4k blu-ray player. Really happy with the haul, in the UK it's going to be real fun!

I'm so pissed how this film did, it was gone from theaters even before the end of the first week. I had no chance at all to watch it and it was gone. Laika is so darn good and deserves so much more :(
I completely missed it when it was in theaters :( next to no marketing on this one here I'm the states.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I completely missed it when it was in theaters :( next to no marketing on this one here I'm the states.
Same here, I learned of the game when I went to another film, by the time it was supposed to be in theater it was only with the Dutch dub and it was days later that it was gone. Talk about a complete marketing failure :(

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Toy Story 3 is a huge upgrade compared to 1 and 2 that just looks like a resolution and contrast boost. So many colors everywhere(Lotsos pink really stands out compared.to the Blu Ray).

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got nothing in terms of films, but am currently in London and bought some stuff here. The Legend of Korra Blu-ray only £12, Labyrinth and Jumanji on 4k for £7 a pop... £7!

They were absolutely not on my purchase list, but for that kind of money!

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I buy movies year round, so my family knows not to bother or risk getting something I already own.

I did get some reproduction movie posters for my office though.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Got nothing in terms of films, but am currently in London and bought some stuff here. The Legend of Korra Blu-ray only £12, Labyrinth and Jumanji on 4k for £7 a pop... £7!

They were absolutely not on my purchase list, but for that kind of money!
Nice pickups! :)
Yeah, I buy movies year round, so my family knows not to bother or risk getting something I already own.

I did get some reproduction movie posters for my office though.

I just don't bother to ask them for anything really I hate them spending money on me.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Were there any mindblowing releases lately? I still haven't seen Blue Planet II unfortunately, because it's so pricey.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, not exactly a tenner but it's in the 3 for 30 over at Zoom.

They have a nice variety in this promo.

Hope that helps
Thank you! It seems like they have two seperate deals: 2 UHDs for £30 and 3 UHDs for £30. I want The Last Jedi and Blue Planet II, but it seems that TLJ is part of the 1st deal, and Blue Planet part of the 2nd deal. Is there a way to combine this? I'd love to get those two discs for 30 bucks, holy shit. 👀

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you! It seems like they have two seperate deals: 2 UHDs for £30 and 3 UHDs for £30. I want The Last Jedi and Blue Planet II, but it seems that TLJ is part of the 1st deal, and Blue Planet part of the 2nd deal. Is there a way to combine this? I'd love to get those two discs for 30 bucks, holy shit. 👀

Not as far as I know, but maybe try and contact them, who knows

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am currently in the BFI at South Bank, and they have a pretty interesting collection of stuff. Not a lot, but most certainly interesting stuff. Purchased the Blu-ray of Napoleon (1927). Five and half hours long with an aspect ratio of 4:1. I genuinely can not wait to watch this, the specifications are pure madness and the clips I've seen are super interesting.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reigo was from walmarts
Planet earth single was from dollar tree
Interstellar and 8 Crazy nights was from fye used rest fromAmazon

KRbst4a.jpg

olf4hFt.jpg

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I have a technical question for the folks of this thread.

I recently received a VIZIO SB3621n-F8M soundbar for Christmas. Set it up and it worked fine with multiple 4K blu-rays. I go and pop in The Dark Knight disc and the menu music works, but when the movie starts the audio goes silent. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I re-route the audio to my tv speakers and it works fine, but the soundbar is a bust with this disc. Like I said it works fine with other movies and tv apps, it's just this movie. Any advice? It's hooked up with an Optical cable from the sound bar to the tv.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Walked in my Local Walmart and I'm sad to see they are downsizing there already tiny selection of 4K UHDs. We used to have a small little display that contained the new releases in 4K, but now it's mostly just regular Blu Rays with only the big Blockbusters in 4K.

I have a Best Buy not too far away, but man it bums me out as someone who would rather have physical media above anything else. They do have a pretty decent Blu Ray Selection still and I picked these up today. :)

Loved Ghost in the Shell as a kid on AS. Never seen Ultraman before, but I want to give it a shot. :D

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warning the Ghost in the shell Blu Rays have audio mixing issues. Including the Japanese audio bleeding in to the dub track

OP
OP
KDash

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida

I recently received a VIZIO SB3621n-F8M soundbar for Christmas. Set it up and it worked fine with multiple 4K blu-rays. I go and pop in The Dark Knight disc and the menu music works, but when the movie starts the audio goes silent. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I re-route the audio to my tv speakers and it works fine, but the soundbar is a bust with this disc. Like I said it works fine with other movies and tv apps, it's just this movie. Any advice? It's hooked up with an Optical cable from the sound bar to the tv.
Do any of the other audio options on the disc play properly on the sound bar? What 4K Blu-ray player are you using, and does it have audio settings in its main menu?
Warning the Ghost in the shell Blu Rays have audio mixing issues. Including the Japanese audio bleeding in to the dub track
Damn...that's disappointing. Wanted to pick those up eventually.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Do any of the other audio options on the disc play properly on the sound bar? What 4K Blu-ray player are you using, and does it have audio settings in its main menu?
Yea the other languages work on the disc (English is the one that does not work) and the blu-ray player has some audio options.

I'm using the Sony UBP-X700 4K player

VA11VNC.jpg

there is audio data coming off the disc, just not this one. I've played Fury Road, Batman Returns, the John Wick Trilogy and a variety of regular blu-rays with no issue

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unsure if it's something they do across the country, but Fopp in London has apparently also The Dark Crystal 4k for only £7. So you can get that one, Labyrinth and Jumanji for a total of only £21 at the moment in native 4k!

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017

Not sure if this will help, but something similar happened to me as well with my B8 and a soundbar.

What helped me was entering the audio menu of the TV, and then fiddling around with settings such as "uncompressed" and the like.

I simply tried random things there until I got sound.

Unsure if it's something they do across the country, but Fopp in London has apparently also The Dark Crystal 4k for only £7. So you can get that one, Labyrinth and Jumanji for a total of only £21 at the moment in native 4k!

Do they have other movies at this price?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I do want that set, I find the transfer of Batman Begins absolutely appalling. I still can't believe how it looks so bad, especially coming from Nolan.

OP
OP
KDash

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yea the other languages work on the disc (English is the one that does not work) and the blu-ray player has some audio options.

I'm using the Sony UBP-X700 4K player

VA11VNC.jpg

there is audio data coming off the disc, just not this one. I've played Fury Road, Batman Returns, the John Wick Trilogy and a variety of regular blu-rays with no issue
Did any of the other discs use DTS HD? Maybe it has an issue with it? The ones you mentioned are all Dolby Atmos.