• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
EnScFIbXMAM-Zhd
Square sells off all that a month or so after Avengers launches? Tbh this sounds like baloney

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Both companies are worth about the same. Could Ubi even afford paying billions for what 1/3rd to 1/2 of Square?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this isn't happening. But after catastrophically mishandling Marvel's Avengers, Square certainly doesn't deserve to keep these studios, but that's neither here nor there.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Seems unlikely. Even if Avengers failed, a lot of the games have done okay, have they not?

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
True or false, something will happen. Other than Tomb Raider, I doubt SE sees any future potential in their western division.

Either some studios will get shut down or someone buys them.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft is already pratically collapsing under its own weight, they don't need another expensive set of studios and ips that haven't done well lately

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
Is it feasibly possible for an organization to explore this type of option, assuming that the Avengers sales performance is what broke the camel's back? Like they would only have a month or so to make all the decisions necessary to even begin thinking about selling, much less having a potential name come-up. I'm not expert on this topic (and I'm sure many here aren't either) but that seems ridiculous fast to be a true rumor.

Nine_Ball

Jun 12, 2020
C'mon Ubisoft already has difficulty expoiting their own range of historic IPs like Splinter Cell or Prince of Persia.

And also, Square Enix would be crazy to sell Studios like Crystal Dynamics just because of a 50 million dollar loss. It's totally fake.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The studios and IPs are in need of direction as they haven't been hitting anywhere near what they're capable of, especially heading into the new generation, but I don't think Ubisoft is the best fit. Still I wouldn't be surprised if after a rough transition it leaves things in a better place as SE has seemed quite disconnected and not a great shepard

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more that they're looking at what they could get to sell piece-meal or wholesale but wouldn't do such a big sale so quickly, if at all

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, it's Black Friday. TBH you'd think it'd be cheaper if it was as much a failure as people want it to be. For Black Friday even best-sellers that are months old usually go for $40. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is the best selling AC ever, isn't a month old, and you can find it for $49 and Amazon had it in a Buy2Get1 sale for that price.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Boy howdy I sure do love unsourced tweets from

*checks notes*

"Gaming Leaks and Rumors" on Twitter. Why are we paying any attention to this?

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Sell? --> What?!
to Ubisoft? --> what?! x2

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Videogame insider here! EA Games will sell its EA sports studios to Activision.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I like the short time limit on this rumor. If nothing happens today then it was just more bullshit from 4chan

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft owning Tomb Raider would be a shame. We'd get the same game year after year.

Oct 25, 2017
video game insider here I have a huge story for you, Microsoft is about to buy Square Enix. gaming sites will probably break the news soon. take care era

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This is obviously fake. It's barely been three months and I doubt talks would be advanced enough where a specific company could be singled out.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Honestly, while it seems like bullshit, it wouldn't be the worst outcome (well, Ubisoft is definitely not the most desirable buyer). SE has problems with managing Eidos/CD and the output was mixed bag for at least half a decade.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Has anything people have linked from "Gaming Leaks and Rumors" ever ended up being true? I can't think of anything.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
We need Deus Ex back, but I sure as fuck don't want it back under the supervision of Ubisoft. Don't care how legitimate this is, it's a terrible idea even if it's just a hypothetical scenario.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
The rumor's stupid, who cares about some 4chan post... but SE really hasn't done incredible things with a lot of their IPs, so there's certainly some discussion to be had on this idea. They're just sitting on Deus Ex and Thief at this point. Tomb Raider clearly isn't up to its potential. They let Hitman go since they didn't know what the fuck to do with it. Things could be better for these IPs.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
it's kinda amazing how Square fucked up with as big IP as Avengers. Especially after the massive success of Spider-Man (smaller IP). it could have been the moment for SE to break into the big guys club.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Feels like this person just watched that Super Bunnyhop video about the Eidos developed Project W stuff and ran with the idea of a western developer taking on SQEX's major properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.