• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

K_Jay

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2020
Real, fake or wtf-ever.

All I know is that I just found the wall paper to my new 3 monitor setup.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
3uN6M8A.gif
NIofRzg.gif

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Omg my favorite game of all time (with BotW), please please please be real!

"Ni-rai!" Azel <3

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
While I can't say I believe this specific rumor I do believer a rebuild of Panzer Dragoon Saga is probably in the works. When Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 were announced it seemed like the logical course of action, giving people the thing they've been screaming about for decades. Between Panzer Dragoon doing better than expected and FFVII making Square a Scrooge money bin or two, there's no way PDS isn't on the table.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
My favorite game ever. I just hope that if a hypothetical remake/re-imagine happens it comes out on the Switch!

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this would be a day 1 purchase no matter the system its on. I own all the PD games except this one because I was dumb and sold it in high school when I was broke.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Like I legitimately do not believe

A. that a Saga remake is happening
B. that if a Saga remake was happening, that they won't fuck it up somehow.

It's not happening.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I love the Saturn game, but I will belive it when I see it.

Also Sega will probably do something stupid like put on it PS only, putting Panzer Dragoon, Orta and Saga on 3 different systems.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Can someone comment on the images? Are they something that seems professionally made or are there some glaring issues which immediately makes them fake?

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
My friend at sega oh my good why this thread is still open? Why do you believe something from that shithole site?

Nov 8, 2017
I once fell for Panzer Dragoon Genos trailer. I will not be fooled again.

As a Panzer Dragoon fan, I rememeber watching this trailer and getting all giddy like a school girl, only for my heart to get crushed as if a semi ran over it.

I mean, this trailer obviously looked faked from the get go.

Those artworks are nice indeed... This games mean so much to a lot of us. But hey, still a rumor.
We need to keep being vocal about what we want

Even if unofficial & fake, I am glad other people have some imagination of how badass a remake of Azel could be.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That'd be great, but I really doubt it. I don't see Sega spending money on something that sounds expensive for this IP.
We got some really nice art out of it at least.

Nov 8, 2017
Pictures are good yes but we already saw more impressive here and there, fakers can be really good (and cruel) nowadays.

Would be cool though.

I don't see this as beeing cruel. If they have talent, let them do it and show how epic a remake could be.
Just another way of pitching a game with concrete rather than with words alone.

Some people clearly lack the imagination those days when I read "what's the audience" ? Well clearly, a RPG has a wider audience than a classic rail shooter so yea, a modern Azel Remake with current tech has a potential fairly large audience.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
I wouldn't believe the fuckers at 4 Chan if my life depended on it. So this horseshit.

I didn't just buy a Switch and copy of the Panzer Dragoon Remake for nothing though. Hopefully one day we'll get to Saga. And it can be the barest of remakes as far as I'm concerned. An up res with AI enhanced FMV and textures would be plenty, and not beyond the realms of cost or reality. I can't see Sega doing Saga before Skies of Arcadia either.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Man... I don't want to get my hopes up for what might very well be a fake rumor. But it certainly would be amazing if true... But yeah, starting with "my friend at Sega" is a good indicator how fake it is.

Nov 8, 2017
Also, I don't know if you saw this before but someone contacted me last month about the same rumor.
It also started with "my friend from SEGA" but hey, I might as well put it in the same topic again

From 19 March

EVaMtk3X0AstOei

Nov 8, 2017
Metacritic's user score is always all over the place, the remake got a 63 from critics

It's hard to say exactly how much it sold when their press release was essentially "it's made more money than it cost to develop"

The Remake might not be perfect or suited for all generations but a game being profitable in its first weekend is a good thing, I don't know how we can even argue about that.

Also, a Azel/Saga Remake is just a completely different genre hence would potentially peak the interest of a different population. Yes, there would be an overlap with the original Panzer fans but RPG/story development is where the potential of the series - where potential growth is.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I can't say I believe this specific rumor I do believer a rebuild of Panzer Dragoon Saga is probably in the works. When Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 were announced it seemed like the logical course of action, giving people the thing they've been screaming about for decades. Between Panzer Dragoon doing better than expected and FFVII making Square a Scrooge money bin or two, there's no way PDS isn't on the table.
I do agree that Saga will probably return in some form. I'm more worried about it not doing justice to the original.

Oct 27, 2017
I never got past disc 1 but loved the whole vibe. I would kinda prefer a remaster that keeps the original spirit but I'm 100% down for a FF7 style remake

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Lol this is fake. What are these images even meant to be? Internal dev images? Promo images? Why are they in English?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Would be wonderful but definitely going to wait for receipts.

If it does go forward, please for the love of god, get Yukio Futatsugi and other Andromeda staff heavily involved, if not leading it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless the game is set in Kamurocho this is not happening

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Yeah, over an hour of them iirc. But I'm sure a lot of them can be done in game-engine and look nicer.
Well, yeah, most of the in game images are sort of designed to look like they're faking better graphics from Saturn models. Still, it's a JRPG with a lot of ... well, what were essentially set pieces from the era. It's an extremely story heavy game that probably wouldn't just be fully outsourced to an outside developer for cheap.

May 17, 2018
Played disc 1. Always wanted to play the full game so I'm hoping this is true. A year ago I'd say no way but 2020 is so messed up anything could happen

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to get excited because this turning out to be fake would be painful. A competent Saga remake is one of my gaming holy grails.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I want a port of the original game. I am very against the idea of a remake if most of the people interested in the game as a whole cannot even play the original.

Oct 29, 2017
Probably fake, but God I hope it's true...

PDS is easily the best RPG of the 5th Gen that isn't widely available. And is absolutely within the top 5 RPGs of the whole generation, no question.

Played it for the first time about 4 years back or so and loved it to pieces!

It needs a re-release SO bad...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remain skeptical but hope it's true. This thread has motivated me to play Panzer Dragoon Orta in the meantime.