• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
>Story has been completely changed, and has approximately three hours of completely new cutscenes, and quite a bit of the old ones have been extremely edited.
>Ground Zeroes is fully integrated into the game, and serves as a prologue.

best game ever if true

Only thing missing is more boss fights for the real MGS experience

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeaa, this doesn't sound believable.
And If they're really trying to "stomp out Kojima's vision" why would they port the original game to Switch?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Like, how would they possibly think releasing a game with the exact same assets a third time would win back players? Even Konami isn't that dumb.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Wouldnt surprise me if a re-release of MGSV would come but yeah, this sounds fishy though.. :P

Not sure why Konami would want or care about "winning back" the Western audience. They're doing just fine without them

They would hardly lose what they currently have if they won back the west.
In a capitalistic world fine is never enough. If they can by any means expand or regain lost marketshare companies most certainly will do just that.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of re-releases of games I have already played with a splash of new features and content (looking at you, Persona 5 Royale and MGS5 Demon Edition -if real-) so...weak.

I hope you don't play Pokémon haha

This is coming in December? Of this year??? Yeah, no, not when we're already in August.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
There doesn't seem any reason to believe this is real.

If that changes, feel free to make a new thread at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.