• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wishes of it taking place during Ragnars time have come true! Fuck yaaassss. Can't fucking wait. Calling it now, this will be a better version of Odyssey and Odyssey is fucking beautiful.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of wish they just paired back the scale of the this series now . Remove the massive openworld sea / hills and just give me a more highly detailed area.

Although I keep buying the games day 1 because I just love the assasins series I'm getting tired of the formula. I burnt out on both origins and odyssey , odyssey was even more larger with the focus on boats.

It's not s popular opinion but assasins unity was the last amazing assasins game for me . Just much more grounded , less rpg . Syndicate was also ok but I thought the location itself was boring.

I love the idea of a Viking setting I would love if it was smaller and more grounded like a god of war.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director

Day 1.

So if this takes place during Vikings invasion of Britain, it should put this game between 600~800 AD.

Sounds amazing btw. Hope we get Stone Henge in there with mysterious paganism side story.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
No its not. There is no chance the locations can match the fantasy of something like BOTW. The majority of locations in Odyssey sucked

Yeah, I am not sure how many franchises can do what Zelda did and not irritate players. The folks who love that game, love Zelda and without that love, idk how much fun a game like that would be.

The reason they put these things in games is because most people hate not knowing where to go and getting lost. I know I hate games where that happens, and I'll stop playing unless there is a compelling reason to keep going, like love of the franchise. I even hate the 'go to this general area and look for stuff' gameplay. I want to know where the interesting stuff is and how to get there. Wandering around and listing to hours of dialog, looking for 'big mountain near river'...idk.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A little less emphasis on ship combat and a little more emphasis on exploration/loot is right up my alley. Should be a good launch title for next gen systems.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Day 1. Also, I could have swore I read somewhere that the next one would be in Rome and wrap up the Origin/Odyssey Arc.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Not thrilled by the return of co-op. The "can be played co-op or solo!" missions in Unity resulted in a bad solo experience. They were clearly intended for cooperative play in terms of design and balance, so they were just not fun to play by yourself.

That they are trying to allow for full game co-op is worrisome (assuming the leak is accurate).
A million times this. While i liked unity it had a hundred of gameplay probles and probably the biggest one was the shitty balanced coop missions. Not only they were balanced only for multi, god knows why, but they impacted negatively the story by making them important historic parts that jumped around time because you could play them in any order. Also trying to listen what characters said? Fat chance, the other guy connected is already running kiling guards left and right.
Fuck multi in ac.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
-Assassin's Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020

-Actual name is Assassin's Creed Ragnarok

-Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army

- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.

-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems

- Large scale "conquest" battles return, and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story

- Player does become an assassin and use hidden blade

- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir

- Game is developed primarily by Montreal

- Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director

- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms

- Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration

- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning

- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration

- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)

- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.

- Player has ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you

I'm having so much fun with odyssey. I can't wait to play this.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
A million times this. While i liked unity it had a hundred of gameplay probles and probably the biggest one was the shitty balanced coop missions. Not only they were balanced only for multi, god knows why, but they impacted negatively the story by making them important historic parts that jumped around time because you could play them in any order. Also trying to listen what characters said? Fat chance, the other guy connected is already running kiling guards left and right.
Fuck multi in ac.

Haha, yeah. Anytime there is coop, it is like a sprint to the finish.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the middle of reading THE LAST KINGDOM books thanks to the last time a leak got posted (and someone mentioning them).
So I'm stoked if they get some of the feel of those books down. It's a thing of beauty to see these games change and pivot into
new directions. They are the KIRBY of game series, inhaling anything that is popular and adding it to their output.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah, I am not sure how many franchises can do what Zelda did and not irritate players. The folks who love that game, love Zelda and without that love, idk how much fun a game like that would be.

The reason they put these things in games is because most people hate not knowing where to go and getting lost. I know I hate games where that happens, and I'll stop playing unless there is a compelling reason to keep going, like love of the franchise. I even hate the 'go to this general area and look for stuff' gameplay. I want to know where the interesting stuff is and how to get there. Wandering around and listing to hours of dialog, looking for 'big mountain near river'...idk.
If the locations were interesting they could pull it off, but there is no way with setting.

In Zelda you have mystical locations. A lost woods, a dark forest, an icy mountain, a volcano, with giant machines and monsters and most importantly they could make the locations interesting visually so you want to travel.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck multi in ac.
God, yes. Forgot about this aspect. Makes me frustrated just thinking about it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Really fuckin hope this is true.

Eliminate arcadey bullshit and focus on Immersion, Ubi.
I hope you're still fine with the climbing system though. That and the way the horse controls is very "arcadey" but it benefits the player because all these animations are sped up and feel fluid.
I kind of wish they just paired back the scale of the this series now . Remove the massive openworld sea / hills and just give me a more highly detailed area.

Although I keep buying the games day 1 because I just love the assasins series I'm getting tired of the formula. I burnt out on both origins and odyssey , odyssey was even more larger with the focus on boats.

It's not s popular opinion but assasins unity was the last amazing assasins game for me . Just much more grounded , less rpg . Syndicate was also ok but I thought the location itself was boring.

I love the idea of a Viking setting I would love if it was smaller and more grounded like a god of war.
+1 to this, Unity was godlike; only AC game that i've replayed. Syndicate wasn't that bad though.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Continues to be the leakest franchise of all time.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)
But BOTW isn't a game about removing question marks from your map. BOTW is a game about exploring for the sake of your own curiosity. That's what made BOTW so special.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
If the locations were interesting they could pull it off, but there is no way with setting.

In Zelda you have mystical locations. A lost woods, a dark forest, an icy mountain, a volcano, with giant machines and monsters and most importantly they could make the locations interesting visually so you want to travel.
I already hate the towns in the screens. This is exactly why i didnt want vikings. For me cities and civs are an important part of ac because no other game doed that. Games with vikings or similar stuff are a ton, and most of them need to use fantasy because if not they have zero interest visually.
The cloning wooding houses tool is going to be essential. As fun as new york in ac3. Yuck.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

People also said Greece and Egypt would be boring. Despite using real life locations Ubi's artists always know how to make them visually interesting.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
People also said Greece and Egypt would be boring. Despite using real life locations Ubi's artists always know how to make them visually interesting.
Those people were right. They were boring.

They are nice to look at, not exciting to explore and get lost in

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
lmao those screenshots looks fake as fuck

absolutely willing to eat crow if they're legit, tho

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Shouldn't Ragnar dead at this time?
The Great Heathen Army was bult by his sons as a respons to Ragnar's execution by king Ælle of Northumbria.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds awesome. I absolutely loved Odyssey. The RPG mechanics were an amazing addition, I loved all the different abilities you could get, and it made combat so much more complex and entertaining. I'm all in on whatever the next AC is.

Continues to be the leakest franchise of all time.

Honestly, considering they have something like thousands of devs working on these games, keeping it from leaking seems all but impossible.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly. The 'zelda universe for people who love zelda' was great for that kind of design. I am thinking about the universe of the witcher, and who would want to just wander in that dismal world, looking for landmarks and random conversations while listening vomiting and racial slurs and men beating their wives...without the '?' markers and fast travel from anywhere mod, etc....ewwww.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only part of this that doesn't sound great to me is the part where they remove ? to open up exploration.

Like in practice that sounds cool as hell, but if the map is anything like the size of Odyssey I just don't have the time to fucking run around everywhere trying to find everything.

It's taken me 127 hours to complete everything in the game up to this point, without the ? guidance I can't even fucking imagine how long it would have taken.

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft really has me by my lady balls. I can't break free from this franchise....

All of this sounds good. My BF will be especially happy to hear about co-op

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm excited. Just started Odyssey a couple weeks ago. After feeling meh about the series for a while, it's the most I've enjoyed an AC game by far. That world sounds impossibly huge though... Odyssey already feels like the biggest open world I've ever played, I can't imagine how big this'll be.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft is really good at taking inspiration from all of the right places. Assassin's Creed's turnaround has been legendary.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
-Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army

Ragnar Lodbrok?

Ragnarok?

I'm not sure I can roll my eyes further back in my head.

Oct 30, 2017
I love big maps and has nothing against them.... but this sounds waaaaaay more than needed big :/

Anyhow all in for les focus on ship battles and more on exploration.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
This sounds great so far. I just hope it doesn't fall into the same Assassin Creed post Syndicate formula. I know they can fill the world but I hope its not too big.

- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir

I really hope it turns into Marvel Mjolnir, make the Thor game come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.