• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what this means for discounts. If they already have a too small margin, can they permit to have great sales like steam used to have?
The whole point of not offering their games on other storefronts is that there will be no sales (confirmed by Epic themselves). They will control 100% of the market for the games sold there exclusively.

Competition is better for consumers tho... or something.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it doesn't. Especially when the reviews are calling out specifically Epic and Deep Silver.
Yes, it does. Actually looking at the reviews they do blame 4A as well. None go "btw 4A is in the clear this totally is only Deep Silver's fault", and even if they did it's not like that'd be reflected in the review counter on the page. Regardless of what's said in the reviews, review bombing does affect 4A.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Everything we discuss on this part of Resetera is ultimately unimportant, not life-threatening nonsense. Every poll we vote in, every OT we post in, every DLC discussion, every single news is unimportant to life and existence. We are here, mostly discussing our hobbies, not how to make the world better. And still you are here, with 4305 posts in you account history complaining about people complainig about video games. That's 18 posts per day, a lot of time wasted for a lot of unimportant stuff. Just like the rest of us.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I was stuck on an island with two bullets, and it was myself, PC-ERA, and Console Warrior ERA, I would shoot myself twice
I know you are meant to be joking around, but I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've basically seen you shit on PCera. I think it's completely outrageous that people consider this okay behaviour from a mod.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So THQ Nordic and now 4A Games have thrown Deep Silver under the bus

giphy.gif

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of Firefly... constantly pre-empted, moved around to different nights of the week, shown out of order, and then cancelled because of "poor ratings".

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Developer statement is legit. This is also official statement from Twitter

hmm, they confirmed that it was indeed a developer speaking but also they said:

We have every intention of continuing this franchise, and a PC version will always be at the heart of our plans.

So the title now is a bit misleading...I think...

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
What even is the story here other than "random dev talks out of their ass."

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
The whole point of not offering their games on other storefronts is that there will be no sales (confirmed by Epic themselves). They will control 100% of the market for the games sold there exclusively.

Competition is better for consumers tho... or something.
The publishers are going to quickly realize their mistake then. Sales and games being dirt cheap is why like 75% of people play on PC to begin with (numbers pulled from my ass)

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds if Epic Store really does neglect sale prices.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
I understand the store is not as good as Steam, but it's been around for few months what did you expect ? To be it as good as Steam from Day 1?

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in this whole thread, ofc they should be as good as Steam from day 1. Would you expect a new MMO coming out today to be as good as WoW is now, or when Vanilla WoW came out?

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The publishers are going to quickly realize their mistake then. Sales and games being dirt cheap is why like 75% of people play on PC to begin with (numbers pulled from my ass)
Considering most games on the Steam top sellers are usually full price games, or at the very minimum, games not on sale. Yeah, numbers pulled from your ass.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
The thread title is confusing. Makes it seem like Metro devs have confirmed that future games won't be released on PC.

Either way, I'm there Day 1 for this. These devs, their history and how much they've worked their asses off absolutely warrants support for their games. A shitty decision by their publisher shouldn't ruin the sales and reception of their work

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly sure that was written by Deep Silver, although it's not entirely clear.
They are talking about 4A Games as a "development partner ", and it's "Our decision".

Bizarre choice to not clearly state who that post was written by, maybe it's like a joint statement?

Yeah, I think Lewie is right. This doesn't read at all like it was written by the devs. I don't understand this talk of 'wow, devs throwing the publisher under the bus'. Reads like this is from a Deep Silver to me?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
What even is the story here other than "random dev talks out of their ass."
I bet a lot of devs at 4A think this, as the guy said, if you don't want to install EGS, then you don't appreciate their work, which is fair from their point of view, but they seem to not understand that this series has been popular on Steam for 9 years & taking it off in the last 2 weeks because Tencent gave you a bunch of cash is scummy.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
8 years ago, Gabe Newell said piracy is a service problem, not a pricing problem. He's proving it right.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Y'all are acting embarrassing.

I can take it just fine, but I would like to know exactly what 'it' is. Are we supposed to feel embarrassed for expressing our opinion on a matter that is very clearly an issue for PC gamer communities around the internet?

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
You are being quite unfair towards the PC part of this debate.

I know I used to have a higher opinion of PC Era before this whole EGS thing. People aggressively overreacting to maybe a dozen timed exclusives has been embarrassing. I'm glad I didn't have to moderate this shit show.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So are you treatening the PC community by making no more Metro games if it doesn't sell well enough?
No, that was a developer. Deep silver statement doesnt say that at all.

It is not hard to think that the developer just lashed after a tough day of work/crunch and posted that, without actually talking with the people that make those decisions.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather here it from the horses mouth rather than some souless, corporate speak nonsense.
A developer talking like that is more likely to be just lashing out after a bad day rather than a proper thought thing. There is a reason why corporations think before they write.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather here it from the horses mouth rather than some souless, corporate speak nonsense.
What do you think you'll get out of a Deep Silver employee which is different to the statement they just put out?

We have every intention of continuing this franchise, and a PC version will always be at the heart of our plans.

The nonsense was by a guy at 4A.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I wonder what this means for discounts. If they already have a too small margin, can they permit to have great sales like steam used to have?
They've said they don't plan on having big discounts. They want us to get used to console-like exclusives and console-like prices.

I say fuck Epic and, thankfully, most of the PC community does as well.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Some of you ITT are really vitriolic, jesus.

Please tell me what you expect to get out of this dude by pestering him like this. Deep Silver have already released their statement and there's everything you need to know.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Well big corporations normally pay a guy just to do it, so you think they do. Smaller companies that do not do that often have a team response (that by virtua of being team, means they have to discuss).

Having a bad answer doesnt mean it wasnt more thought that just a post in your personal account.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I know I used to have a higher opinion of PC Era before this whole EGS thing. People aggressively overreacting to maybe a dozen timed exclusives has been embarrassing. I'm glad I didn't have to moderate this shit show.

Don't take this the wrong way, it's not specifically targeted at you, but I really don't care at all about your opinion of PC Era. The only thing that interests me is to oppose Epic's moneyhatting. If some people that don't care about the issue or PC gaming in general end up having a less than good opinion about me, so be it.

Nov 2, 2017
They've said they don't plan on having big discounts. They want us to get used to console-like exclusives and console-like prices.

I say fuck Epic and, thankfully, most of the PC community does as well.
Often you can find better deals on digital console stores than on Steam nowadays. If you want your games cheap you buy outside of Steam.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Don't take this the wrong way, it's not specifically targeted at you, but I really don't care at all about your opinion of PC Era. The only thing that interests me is to oppose Epic's moneyhatting. If some people that don't care about the issue or PC gaming in general end up having a less than good opinion about me, so be it.

Agreed, it's no big shock that the people this doesn't affect aren't fussed about this after all.

I know you are meant to be joking around, but I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've basically seen you shit on PCera. I think it's completely outrageous that people consider this okay behaviour from a mod.

Agreed.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is just shitposting.
I need Metro and so do a lot of people that enjoy quality single player FPS games. And I hope the Metro series doesn't abandon the PC market.

I get that you're upset about the entire Epic exclusivity thing, but your comment is bordering idiocy. Unless by 'nobody' you meant yourself.

I'm not upset in the slightest mate. I don't even own a PC at the moment and personally don't give two shits if Metro releases on Steam or not. Nobody needs Metro, just like nobody needs any other game. These are optional consumer items and the world will be just fine without them. That is the point i was getting at. This developer seems to be under the impression that he's producing something that people can't live without, when in truth most people will likely read his nonsense and move on to other games without giving a fuck whether his game is successful or not.

If you actually need Metro then you have problems, and should probably ask yourself why you're borderline insulting strangers on the internet for having a different opinion from you on this matter.