• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
889450.jpg

That's right. Today is 4th anniversary for Rainbow Six Siege. While its launch period had a rough start, it manage to turn itself around and it has been updating since then.

While I haven't dedicated as much time as I could playing it like the veteran players, I did like the game and the way the Operators play. And I'm looking forward to get back into it when Shifting Tides releases.

Happy 4th anniversary, Siege. Here's to more anniversaries to come.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't play it too much nowadays, but when I do is just as fun as when I jumped into it 3 years ago.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those blessed times when time itself seems to have moved slower than I'd imagined.

I still need to try this game... I think I might buy it in the steam sale.

Pitisaurio

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
That tech demo blew me away, but the game couldnt live up to my expectations at release.

Oct 26, 2017
Bought day one, dropped the game until 2017 and now it's an excellent title.
The E3 demo was still a big scam tho, the game does not look like that even in 2019.

the best Ubisoft product released this gen but they didn't learn about their mistakes with their GAAS games.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I loved the original beta but didn't get round to buying it at launch. I always enjoyed the free weekends and finally took the plunge in time for the Halloween event and now I just can't believe I waited 4 years to get it, such an amazing game.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An incredible game. Was completely hooked on it from December to June when I had to stop because I grew to completely hate it lol.

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played it however I'm definitely a fan of how they've righted the ship. I've got a friend who is devotional to this game after spending the first 6-10 months straight up burying it

Haribokart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seems like the community is nice and friendly.
I'm sorry if I offended you, but how do you think the OP feels when putting the effort into creating the thread and just having what you wrote as the first reply? Ironically, I've never played it either but would never just post that and leave, it's rude and dismissive. Anyway, I don't want to derail so I'm out but I am watching the thread because I've found it interesting how Ubisoft have handled the game and seeing it evolve. Especially interesting is how big it is now on Twitch, it always does well on there.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fabulous game. I'm shit at it, but it's a lot of fun. I dip in for some time once a year or so.

Noel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I finally got around to picking it up this weekend on sale and have been having a blast with it. There's been a ton of stuff to learn, but I feel like I'm improving with every passing game. Now I just need to convince friends to buy in to get that sweet 5 stack.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
There is a version on sale on psn but the yearly packs bother me. I dont like paying for year dlc packs. Heard good things about it. Shame I have grown out of this type of format. I'd rather pay for the 'complete' edition or a pass that covers everything.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
There is a version on sale on psn but the yearly packs bother me. I dont like paying for year dlc packs. Heard good things about it. Shame I have grown out of this type of format. I'd rather pay for the 'complete' edition or a pass that covers everything.

It's better to get the base version and just play it to earn the characters. As far as I'm aware the yearly DLCs just give you immediate access to the new characters so you don't have to unlock them. If you're doing that then you don't have anything worthwhile to earn in game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
You can get the new operators by playing. On PS4 I got every single one by just playing, and that was before they reduced prices.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
The best multiplayer shooter this generation. Never gets old. Always learn something new each time I play, and it's hard to go stick with other games for any meaningful period of time when none of them provide the tension and satisfaction of a good match of Siege.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Bought day one, dropped the game until 2017 and now it's an excellent title.
The E3 demo was still a big scam tho, the game does not look like that even in 2019.

the best Ubisoft product released this gen but they didn't learn about their mistakes with their GAAS games.
It's not like the original gameplay for game design reasons. Pre Alpha was similar.

If you are talking about graphics they are not really important in a game that has to run 60 fps everywhere

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite mp fps ever. The amount of possibilities of combat in every round is what makes this game so special.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Some of the most tense, hilarious and exciting moments of gaming, along with the most toxic, trolling bullshit. The highs are high and the lows really fucking low.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Game took a few years to get going but then it was incredibly fun.

I just can't play it to save my life anymore. I can't stand getting fucked up by people and then sit out the round for minutes. It was fun for the first 200 hours, now I don't even look at this game anymore. And I thought I had a lot of patience for this game already.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

It's an evolving game. It will never be "complete" :D but you can buy the Ultimate Edition or whatnot that has every character up until this point that has been released.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the best multiplayer shooter this gen. One of the GOATs.

Can't wait to see how Ubi moves the franchise forward after Quarantine and the launch of next gen.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would pull a street fighter v and release an edition with everything up to this point.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
An all time great FPS. By far and away my favorite fps built around ADS. The destruction in this game creates so many fucking wacky opportunities.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up on day 1 and thought I was walking into a dumpster fire... instead I got one of my games of the generation

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer shooter of the Gen for sure. I was a die hard Raven Shield player and was disappointed with the initial release but it really has become something special.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The game is a blast, but playing online scares the hell out of me. The community seems a bit too hardcore and not very welcoming of new players.

I dropped it a long time ago because of teammates giving me shit because I wasn't playing it the way they wanted me to. I had a lot of fun playing terrorist hunt missions with random people too, but I'm not too sure if that mode has grown or been forgotten since the competitive modes blew up.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I have had it since release and not played one game... just bought the ultimate edition during sale and still have not played one game...

I should probably play it.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Great game and one of my first forays into a true FPS, i just wish there was a bit more single player VS AI or situations. The situations are pretty fun.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
The game is a blast, but playing online scares the hell out of me. The community seems a bit too hardcore and not very welcoming of new players.

I dropped it a long time ago because of teammates giving me shit because I wasn't playing it the way they wanted me to. I had a lot of fun playing terrorist hunt missions with random people too, but I'm not too sure if that mode has grown or been forgotten since the competitive modes blew up.

Even in the casual/unranked modes I've gotten abuse because I've lost as the last person or did something they didn't like. I like playing it but I can't do it for long.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The learning curve on this game is pretty immense, but the way to get over it is to just play. The newcomer playlist helps a lot as shrinking the map pool down for a while helps you both understand those 3 maps much better, and in doing so also helps you understand the flow of play much better (which you can then apply to all maps).

It probably took me like 60 levels to truly feel comfortable with the game and all the maps, like 'I know where I am and where the objectives are' level, not even crazy good or anything. And now there are more maps since so...yeah.
It's not like the original gameplay for game design reasons. Pre Alpha was similar.

If you are talking about graphics they are not really important in a game that has to run 60 fps everywhere
Graphically the game could do a lot of what was in the trailer, I'm sure it has both an impact on performance though as well as the fact that if the game was as dark and gritty as that was it would be fucking unplayable. They've removed night maps over time, and are even reworking one map next week for Shifting Tides, purely because people find them unfair to play on at times.

You don't have to buy any of it, it's all just convenience/cosmetic. Even the operator passes just save you some in game currency. I will say catching up if you just buy the 7 dollar version will take some serious time, but that's 4 years of operators (and you're paying pennies for a game that has a lot of content added for free every few months). It's a silly reason to miss one of the top 10 games of all time imo, given that you CAN just buy the complete edition now, for example, and very very easily still have every op going forward with pretty low playtime.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
My friends and I picked this up during a free weekend on Steam, late 2016. Habana/Echo were due to release.
It's all our most played Steam game. We were Plat level. Loved my time with it, but we dropped it around early 2018.
We just became a bit fed up with the updates, the direction Siege was headed. I remember really not liking the Blood Orchid or White Noise maps, and these proceeded the content drought 'Operation Health', which was disappointing to say the least.
The Operators were becoming more 'out there' and futuristic, the power creep really started to settle in with Ops like Ela. Suspicious, given you could straight up pay to access her earlier and own ranked for a week.
And then came Chimera. A weird blip in the games history that killed a lot of interest for us. Have they ever reintroduced it? Not to mention, again, the power creep with Lion.

Maybe I'll revisit it one day, but the amount of Operators is daunting. Felt bloated beginning of 2018, can't imagine it now. Not to mention the unlocking cost... did they ever make it easier, or is it still 25k per Op? I thought they were headed in the right direction reworking and updating older Ops and maps.