• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Those textures and resolution. oof. but they have to work with what the hardware is.

But that said it's pretty damn impressive to have this on the switch good on them!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good to me. Kind of reminiscent of Witcher 3.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
My god that looks ugly. Imma need all the people who trounced me in the screenshot thread and told me I was overreacting to fallback on this one, footage is even worse. And this is docked.

Shout out to the people who will be playing this version. At least it's playable.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
That looks better than I expected. By quite a bit. Texture resolution and foliage is rough, but overall, I'm impressed.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I think the man made structures and interiors look fine I guess but it falls apart when not in those areas.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Damn, this looks pretty good outside of resolution. Impressive considering it's a 2019 open world RPG.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Considering they'd shown none of this off and it's imminently due out, I'm honestly impressed. I was expecting a trainwreck at this point but it looks decent enough and it seems to run more stably than it did on my (admittedly dying) PC.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
IQ actually looks pretty damn good. Textures seem to have taken the lion's share of the drawbacks, draw distance too, there's some rough stuff here. Performance seems rock solid though. Overall, good stuff.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
« je m'attendais à quelque chose de beaucoup plus moche...honnêtement pour moi à l'heure actuelle...c'est moche... c'est pas moche, parce que moche, c'est un peu péjoratif...non tu vois...c'est pas...c'est pas beau mais...c'est fluide...l'interface est jouable... »
source.gif
»«

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
We don't appreciate how Switch is lowkey a powerhouse for it's form and $ enough, can't wait to pick it up.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
So is there also a day 1 patch that improves textures? Or was that just a rumor. Patch or not, it looks good.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of expected more, to be honest. This looks like the worst parts of Fallout 4/76 where the lighting is completely wrong and nothing has detail.
Except in this it's the entire game.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
« je m'attendais à quelque chose de beaucoup plus moche...honnêtement pour moi à l'heure actuelle...c'est moche... c'est pas moche, parce que moche, c'est un peu péjoratif...non tu vois...c'est pas...c'est pas beau mais...c'est fluide...l'interface est jouable... »
source.gif
»«
Lmfao

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Looks good, considering this is a handheld. Obviously not on par with Xbox/PC, but playable.

I know next to nothing about the technical power and features of every console, should we expect more from the Switch hardware?

Gpur

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Impressive. Look that draw distance. My concern was about frame rate but looks really good.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly looks much better than I thought it would when it was announced. It will look like ass on a 55" TV, but on handheld I be this looks just fine

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
So is there also a day 1 patch that improves textures? Or was that just a rumor. Patch or not, it looks good.

From the official site:

The retail version The Outer Worlds comes on a physical cartridge, and it will be accompanied by a day one patch that could be up to 6 GB. This patch will optimize gameplay, provide additional hi-res textures, and include other fixes to provide the employees of Halcyon with the best gameplay experience.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Well it runs at least. But to be honest, it's a full price release at least here in the UK and I have to say I don't think this game is worth that price tag. The game makes an awesome first impression but get a few hours in and it's an incredibly shallow RPG systems wise , and after playing a few hours it really is like you've seen it all. The world is also pretty under developed, the story doesn't really have anything interesting to say, the narrative isn't very gripping and the writing is pretty patchy; some characters are excellent while others are incredibly forgettable. I think I'd have been more charitable toward it if it was a cut price release.

Feb 6, 2019
The Switch's GPU is about as powerful as a desktop graphics card from 2006 or 2007.

Keep that in mind when complaining about modern games being low res when ported to it.

It's impressive that it can do what it does in the first place.