• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
ABC7: WATCH LIVE: Smoke from 4-alarm fire at Pier 45 at Fisherman's Wharf visible across SF skyline

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Crews are battling a four-alarm fire burning at a warehouse at Pier 45 at Fisherman's Wharf Saturday morning.
Firefighters tell ABC7 additional structures and the SS Jeremiah O'Brien ship were threatened by the fire.

The O'Brien ship is one of two remaining fully functioning Liberty ships launched during World War II.

Firefighters say the warehouse is a "total loss," though a fire boat was able to save the O'Brien ship, fire officials said just before 6:30 a.m.

The fire was first reported around 4:40 a.m.

It's unclear what ignited the flames and investigators are now working to learn the cause and origin of the fire.

Crews say no one was hurt in the fire.

I am glad no one is hurt. But this is a tourist spot and this fire happened right before memorial day...

edit:

We can confirm the O'Brien remains intact and doing well. This is only because of the rapid response of our amazing SF Firefighters & Fire boats.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Wc70hO8.jpg

N3nFMUU.jpg

glkZ30v.jpg

Damn.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
yeah for some reason this news isn't as big as you would think it would be (don't see anyone i know talking about it)

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Heard about this when I read that my favorite arcade ever Musee Mechanique was thankfully unscathed.

The only place where you can find a Silent Scope machine nowadays!

Sucks, man.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Heard about this when I read that my favorite arcade ever Musee Mechanique was thankfully unscathed.

The only place where you can find a Silent Scope machine nowadays!

Sucks, man.
Very glad that the museum isn't lost. I was really worried that the Pampanito, and Jeremiah O'Brien would burn, but they were saved.