• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
ss_db2675ca2dcce315d2e4411547f7cf2bed1bdd8a.600x338.jpg

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/3d-platformer-pumpkin-jack-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Nice to see this get confirmed for console, it's been kicking around online for a bit now and looks fantastic:

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I really like the looks of this! Putting it on the Wishlist.

Edit: I see there's a demo on Steam too!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Looks floaty but fun. Weirdly reminds me of the wacky sort of 3D platformers you could find on the N64 but with shiny graphics. I dig it.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good graphically but I can see from the vids that the character control and overall responsiveness will be horrible.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks great. May have to check this out.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the demo, a bit janky but its got promise. Combat could use some improvements, didn't really have good hit feedback or animations so it felt a bit mashy

Definite PS2 vibes which I like overall though

Dalcop

Nov 28, 2017
I'm not a fan of the style of most indie games, but this one has certainly earned my attention.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Neat little demo. It took me about 25 minutes to complete, including finding all crow skulls. The visual style is consistent throughout, and the general gameplay definitely scratches that PS2-era action-platformer vibe, particularly the mobile pumpkin head puzzle, which instantly brought to mind MediEvil 2's "Dan-hand". A few small quibbles:

- The game isn't difficult, but health drops from enemies (and environmental objects) could be more generous as getting hit hurts quite a bit
- Because enemies can give you a good wallop, the ability to parry basic melee attacks would be nice
- Certain audio elements are loud at the default volume settings

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
That character design is ace. In general there should be more pumpkin themed things in games.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. Just stumbled across the announcement trailer for this today, and my interest is piqued. Very impressive for a solodev project, and I'm loving what I'm seeing with regard to atmosphere, music, and hearkening back to the PS2 era of platforming.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Not a big fan of the halloween pumpkin style but it being a platformer means I'll check it out. I hope its a bit more varied than how the trailer looks.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm down to check out a new 3D platform we. I'll have to remember about this game when it comes out later this year.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a game that would have come out in, like, 2003. And I mean that in the best possible way.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Looks really cool! Getting some Rayman 2 vibes there :D It's great to see 3D platformers outside Dreams, Mario and remakes again ;) This has to be released before Halloeween though, no way they can wait any longer!

Oct 27, 2017
Yo... last night my son and I watched the For Honor Halloween update trailer because of the jack o lantern thumbnail and was disappointed by the actual design of the full armor set. I said to him that I'd love a cool pumpkin headed character in a game with a Jersey Devil/MediEvil-like aesthetic. Seeing this has me hyped and a PS4 version releases tomorrow? IN.

Oct 27, 2017
Boo, PS4 version is "a few weeks after" tomorrow. Way to capitalize on the season >=[.

Hope I'm still interested in it come release with Miles Morales and Mortal Shell on my radar.