• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ayzbhj/respawn_check_in_382019/

Hello friends,
Before we head into the weekend we wanted to touch on some topics:

CHEATERS
As of today we've banned over 355K players on PC through Easy-Anti-Cheat. The service works but the fight against cheaters is an ongoing war that we'll need to continue to adapt to and be very vigilant about fighting. We take cheating very seriously and care deeply about the health of Apex Legends for all players.
We are working on improvements to combat cheaters and we're going to have to be pretty secretive about our plans. Cheaters are crafty and we don't want them to see us coming. With that said, we can share some high levels things we're doing:
  • We are reaching out and working directly with experts, both within and outside of EA, in this area that we can learn from.
  • Scaling up our anti-cheat team so we have more dedicated resources.
  • We are adding a report feature on PC to report cheaters in game that goes directly to Easy-Anti-Cheat.

Prior to this response all talk about cheating within the subreddit was instantly shut down. There is no official way to report cheaters, though it certainly helped if you were streaming at the time. While talks continue regarding the Season 1 Pass and venturing into esports, this needs to be priority number one. While everyone is in the rabbit race to get noticed by viewers or even an organization, you have streamers with hacks enabled that are getting partnered while riding this Apex wave.

You got your run-of-the-mill aimbot/wallhacks/ability to see what loot is already spawned without stepping into that area
Wf702B.png

https://livestreamfails.com/post/43002 Partnered streamer using aimbot+norecoil (deleted the original Twitch clip)

This is starting to feel like PUBG all over again, where cheating scrubs run wild. Blame Clara if old.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
How is cheating on PC not a solved problem yet? Every single game I swear to god lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
cheaters never win

well, they do win, but eventually, they don't win

they stop win

until a game becomes less popular and cheaters don't get hunted as much, and then they start win again

ya know

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, battle royale games are the equivalence of lights to moths when it comes to hackers. They just can't stay away.

saint

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't understand the mindset of people who use hacks. like what the fuck is wrong with you? why would you do that to not only yourself but everyone else you're playing against? it baffled me every time I see a hacker.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Source engine. Dozens of tools and knowledge afloat. Lot of tool reuse from counter strike making it easy for hackers.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wow. It really is pubg all over again. I don't play it myself but that sucks it's so prominent. Ban em all. Unfortunately f2p and all that.....

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
There are apparently some fuckers out there who just live to cheat, they don't even play games, they just log on to make others miserable during what should b a fun activity and only derive enjoyment from that.

May 18, 2018
Well, I was going to wait until the made a solo mode but it seems this game will be good and dead before that happens. At least the had uh, 50 million downloads or something.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yes, I've had a fair few encounters where I got sprayed down at mid-range+ suspiciously fast. Something needs to be done. I wouldn't mind seeing them put people who buy the battle pass into an exclusive queue or at least give them preferential matchmaking treatment over F2P'ers. Anyone who spends money on the game is far less likely to risk cheating and losing their account, so theoretically a separate queue would thin the herds considerably.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I never figured the motivation to cheat even.
If I had to cheat to win I would never feel good about it.

In any case, I'm happy I play this game on console.

May 18, 2018
Yes, I've had a fair few encounters where I got sprayed down at mid-range+ suspiciously fast. Something needs to be done. I wouldn't mind seeing them put people who buy the battle pass into an exclusive queue or at least give them preferential matchmaking treatment over F2P'ers. Anyone who spends money on the game is far less likely to risk cheating and losing their account, so theoretically a separate queue would thin the herds considerably.
Hahaha oh buddy. Overwatch would like a word with you. And I don't mean cheating, just thinking paying money will deter assholes from being assholes

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was the giveaway that the person in the Tweet was cheating? I couldn't tell on my small screen.
His gun is literally snapping to people before they are visible and he's shooting at the walls.

edit: oops, I thought you meant this tweet where he is complaining about cheaters himself!

Yeah, in his, you can see the outline and name of the player through walls.

Last edited:

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
iirc the main reason most people cheated in PUBG was to make money. and that's why cheating was so prevalent for so long on PUBG for PC.
I don't know if there's a way to make money by grinding in this game, or to trade drops, so that's gonna cut down a lot of the long-term cheating.
With that said, the thing that complicates this is that Apex Legends is a free-to-play game. It's not hard to make an account 'for the lulz' just to hop on and cheat for a while with no real reason. If an account that you weren't particularly invested into gets banned, it's like whatever (until you get hardware banned), unlike with a game like PUBG where you (probably) paid money to play the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
You must be a pathetic loser to cheat in a multiplayer game.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Dev & and publishers traditionally will bring the Mjolnir down on cheaters on F2P title cause it cuts directly to their bottom line.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
over a quarter mil... smh

call me naive but i expected far less

You dont realize just how wide spread cheating is in pc games. This is only the amt of people who actually got banned too. If you want an even more lulz worthy number, player unknown battlegrounds banned 13 million cheaters in a span of 69 weeks. I wonder what % of the playerbase that is. Currently they ban almost 100k cheaters every week

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
given the player statistics we've been provided, making some VERY generous assumptions about players per platform and the proportion of cheaters that have been caught, one or two players in EVERY SINGLE GAME OF APEX LEGENDS ON PC are cheating