• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to see this game and say "that's what next gen should be"

excited to see the graphical updates

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
It's really amazing that they let the original level reveal be their lead into the next gen Halo game and Series X overall. It was a real big misstep but it's really cool to see them bounce back. Just shows you even with based Phil shit still gets sideways.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Sketch said to temper expectations and its about the Sandbox team giving their insights, no new world premiere screenshots and stuff
New equipment and weapon confirmations would be cool. Curious if the bubble shield will be back given there's the shield wall thing but they'd each fit different maps/situations so they could coexist.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
since its the sandbox people i can see some renders/concept art of known weapons and vehicles but nothing new

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Halo Infinite is my most anticipated game this year, it was soul crushing when it first got delayed, but they can take the time they need to make it a great game.

343 has been a roller coaster for me.

Loved Halo 4's SP, disliked MP
Disliked Halo 5'a SP, loved MP

I have a good feeling that 343 will deliver and can't wait to see more.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Can't even throw in a screenshot. The free camera multiplayer screens in the last update did nothing for me.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
They said no screenshots, hope that doesn't mean no renders.

Can't even throw in a screenshot. The free camera multiplayer screens in the last update did nothing for me.

I don't think his wording rules out screenshots altogether, because otherwise he might have said no screenshots at all, instead of specifying "world premiere big screenshots". The way I'm reading this is that screenshots will still be there, but they just won't reveal anything huge.

Could obviously be wrong, though.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
What's crazy is that for all of 343's shortcomings, their communication with the community has always been solid.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is 2021. Get some kind of early access build up on Game Pass. Get community feedback. Iterate. Repeat until its perfect.

There is zero reason to wait to ship a final boxed copy of this game. Most people are going to play it on Game Pass anyway. This gives them such a great opportunity to get early feedback and work on issues without having to directly charge money for it. Am I crazy? Does anyone else think this is in the realm of possibility?

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is 2021. Get some kind of early access build up on Game Pass. Get community feedback. Iterate. Repeat until its perfect.

There is zero reason to wait to ship a final boxed copy of this game. Most people are going to play it on Game Pass anyway. This gives them such a great opportunity to get early feedback and work on issues without having to directly charge money for it. Am I crazy? Does anyone else think this is in the realm of possibility?
They already confirmed they will be doing flights this year before the game launches. Much like MCC

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think his wording rules out screenshots altogether, because otherwise he might have said no screenshots at all, instead of specifying "world premiere big screenshots". The way I'm reading this is that screenshots will still be there, but they just won't reveal anything huge.

Could obviously be wrong, though.
This is how I interpreted it as well. I'm expecting more weapon renders such as the BR or something small like that.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Words cannot even begin to express how excited I am for this game. I feel like a kid again. I am so Halo-starved. Six entire years of waiting after Halo 5.

Gosh, I hope this game delivers.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense to apply the really indepth news updates they do for MCC to Infinite.

I hope we get an answer to WHY ON GOD'S EARTH DOES HALO NEED A GRAPPLE HOOK.

Because no game has ever been worse for having a grappling hook. Also it's another mobility tool, which helps getting around given that it's open world now. (which I'm guessing will be more vertical as well)

It wouldn't surprise me if it also doubles as a Metroidvania 'key' item that let's you get places you can't without it.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Lead me to an MP beta.

It's been a really long time since Halo 5 and I'm super excited for Halo Infinite.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Words cannot even begin to express how excited I am for this game. I feel like a kid again. I am so Halo-starved. Six entire years of waiting after Halo 5.

Gosh, I hope this game delivers.
Yep, I'm hyped. On paper it's exactly what I want from a Halo sequel:

- classic Halo aesthetic
- back on a ring
- open world-ish
- lots of Covenant enemies
- Brute weapons and vehicles

The composer seems quite good too. Infinite is potentially a dream game for a Halo campaign fan like me.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

It makes sense to apply the really indepth news updates they do for MCC to Infinite.

Because no game has ever been worse for having a grappling hook. Also it's another mobility tool, which helps getting around given that it's open world now. (which I'm guessing will be more vertical as well)

It wouldn't surprise me if it also doubles as a Metroidvania 'key' item that let's you get places you can't without it.

It breaks controlled level design, especially in a MP setting. See Reach's jet pack. Hopefully it isn't all that common in the primary MP modes.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020

Flights will come later this year and for now it's best to work on the graphics, which was the biggest issue in the demo. You won't get much constructive feedback for graphics anyways.

I think deservedly or not that 343 will quickly get criticism when something goes wrong. The latest was the contract of a developer running out and Gamespot posting the clickbait article. Some people seem to want Halo or 343 to fail and while feedback is important, it's also important to make the flights as stable and good as they can be.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Halo Infinite is my most anticipated game this year, it was soul crushing when it first got delayed, but they can take the time they need to make it a great game.

343 has been a roller coaster for me.

Loved Halo 4's SP, disliked MP
Disliked Halo 5'a SP, loved MP

I have a good feeling that 343 will deliver and can't wait to see more.

Exactly how I feel. I feel Halo has always been in great hands with 343. They just need to find the right balance.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Graphical upgrade is key, the gameplay reveal looked like base Xbox One footage. I'm still amazed by how this was glossed over by several professional critics.

Perhaps because it didn't look like base Xbox One footage? Or perhaps because it was WIP?
Not worried about the final visuals. 343i have a well established pedigree with making great looking games.

I'm looking forward to the news but surely this puts more pressure on 343 to provide something significant each month? Given what's at stake, they'd be better off keeping their heads down and only release meaningful news. Let's see

I think you're imagining this pressure because you're really fixated on visuals. But gameplay is a massive part of Halo, and it's just as relevant that folks know how the open world/sandbox works, design decisions and map stuff.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps because it didn't look like base Xbox One footage? Or perhaps because it was WIP?
Not worried about the final visuals. 343i have a well established pedigree with making great looking games.

I think you're imagining this pressure because you're really fixated on visuals. But gameplay is a massive part of Halo, and it's just as relevant that folks know how the open world/sandbox works, design decisions and map stuff.

Pedigree or not, they were showing gameplay for a title releasing within 2-3 months, I don't see how they were going to be able to improve that much. There were rumours at the time of the reveal footage being made from a build earlier in the year but this turned out to be false.

There is no imagining of pressure, it is there. To suggest otherwise is simply being ignorant. 343 are under pressure to deliver not just a good Halo game but a great one. They missed the mark completely with their two previous efforts (MCC was an absolute disaster and embarrassment for 343) and were forced to delay the game by a year after the negative feedback around the graphics, models and other areas. At no point did I hear the game was going to graphically improve on the initial release day, so they themselves knew it wasn't up to scratch. 343 made all the fuss about the Slipspace engine (or whatever it's called) a year or so before and what we saw was so far apart from that, a downgrade in every sense.

343/MS took a massive L with the gameplay reveal and after delaying, I can't see how you are syaing they are not under pressure. They are under massive pressure to release a great Halo game and even more so now after having an extra year to help achieve that.

Make no mistake, if Infinite still turns out to be average, a lot of questions will be asked. I'm a longtime Halo fan and would like to see a return to glory for he franchise, this in my eyes is the last roll of the dice for 343.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Performance like.. 120 FPS? It's a confirmed 4k60fps game on Series X already.
Like, not stress about how the game looks for people who never intended to purchase it anyway. To not chase that dragon, the people who will still say "it still doesn't look AAA / next gen" or whatever. They have to understand that chasing after those people's approval is not worth the time.

Salient_Lion

Dec 20, 2020
New equipment and weapon confirmations would be cool. Curious if the bubble shield will be back given there's the shield wall thing but they'd each fit different maps/situations so they could coexist.

I think they could work well together. The bubble shield stops projectiles in both directions and gives you respite to reload and recharge shields, but the new wall shield allows you to shoot through it, whilst also having an opening above that enemies can throw grenades over.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
There is no imagining of pressure, it is there. To suggest otherwise is simply being ignorant. 343 are under pressure to deliver not just a good Halo game but a great one. They missed the mark completely with their two previous efforts (MCC was an absolute disaster and embarrassment for 343) and were forced to delay the game by a year after the negative feedback around the graphics, models and other areas. At no point did I hear the game was going to graphically improve on the initial release day, so they themselves knew it wasn't up to scratch. 343 made all the fuss about the Slipspace engine (or whatever it's called) a year or so before and what we saw was so far apart from that, a downgrade in every sense.

343/MS took a massive L with the gameplay reveal and after delaying, I can't see how you are syaing they are not under pressure. They are under massive pressure to release a great Halo game and even more so now after having an extra year to help achieve that.

Make no mistake, if Infinite still turns out to be average, a lot of questions will be asked. I'm a longtime Halo fan and would like to see a return to glory for he franchise, this in my eyes is the last roll of the dice for 343.

I'm not sure what you're on about. There's pressure on 343i with respect to Halo Infinite, but there's no added pressure with these monthly updates - which is what you were originally referring to.

I have no idea how you'd say you're a longtime Halo fan and say you want a better Halo game and yet you're painting the picture that the only areas of controversy between certain vocal Halo fans and 343 relates to the visuals.

These Monthly updates will (apparently) initially focus on gameplay elements, mechanics, open world etc. all very important stuff

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Joy, I look forwards to endless agonised soul-howling about how X isn't Halo and 343 are 'incompetent'.

Meanwhile, new info! yay!

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pedigree or not, they were showing gameplay for a title releasing within 2-3 months, I don't see how they were going to be able to improve that much. There were rumours at the time of the revela footage being made form a build earlier in the year but this turned out to be false.

Sorry this is hyperbolic.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Yep, I'm hyped. On paper it's exactly what I want from a Halo sequel:

- classic Halo aesthetic
- back on a ring
- open world-ish
- lots of Covenant enemies
- Brute weapons and vehicles

The composer seems quite good too. Infinite is potentially a dream game for a Halo campaign fan like me.

yep, me too. i'm actually quite hyped for the game and can't wait to see the multiplayer too.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is time for a work in progress vidoc like we always had from Bungie you cowards đŸ˜­