• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So you just assumed I live in the same area and place as you ? It's a big planet
/r/Halo and /r/Games would be exploding if players were genuinely and consistently struggling to find matches in Halo Infinite due to a low player count. You are absolutely out of touch with the game's reception because the reality you're talking about doesn't actually exist, as it's one fueled by the type of bias that leads to the same kind of bad logic that Halo is currently into the ground. Or rather, THIS, would instead be an era thread. And we'd have the same people, stating the same "ugh 343 has no idea what they're doing." people because that tired narrative needs to be sustained no matter what. That's not to say that the studio is above criticism, it is just incredibly tiring when it's bad faith, and we see yet again that same crowd STILL ranting angrily that ten years ago this studio's first shot at Halo MP was mid. Somehow, still angry about that while currently discussing a halo game that plays better than the rest of them, released ten years later. With the full knowledge that features that weren't there at launch are literally coming. When a lot of studios don't even DO that in the first place.

If 343 chose to use our multiplayer Spartans everyone would say how they don't belong in the campaign
💯

Last edited:

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Man such toxicity and straight-up BS everytime anything 343/halo is discussed here. It's becoming tiring at this point.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish 343 would just be up front about shit when they say why they're not doing a thing because "we don't let you use MP spartans because it's ~Chief's story~" just reads incredibly silly as a reason in a game series that hasn't been super consistent about it (like fuck one of the more neater touches in what they did in Halo CE Anniversary was making it implied that player 2 was Linda since the CE suit is generic and didn't have any identifying symbols like 117 on them, they've already made one of their chosen examples not part of this!) compared to "it would be nice but co-op's been delayed enough as it is".

Which is what I figured since any MP spartan integration would probably expand the scope of what they're doing and if they could do that easily enough, co-op wouldn't be coming out nearly a year after the campaign's release.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Look

I don't care how badass Chief is. He can't be driving the warthog, shooting rockets from the passengers side, manning the turret, AND flying a banshee, all the same time. He's not so badass that he's in 4 different places at once.

If you want to say that other spartans can be there because lore, fine, but you can't then immediately just turn around and wave away his Kage Bushin no Jutsu bullshit

Lore matters, or it doesn't. One or the other.
The gameplay could just be non canon while the cutscenes and logs are then. The story is that Master Chief is the lone Spartan on his section of the ring. Co-op is described mechanically as your Master Chief not losing out on story progress and just being P2.

Halo 3 co op made some sense story wise. Chief, the Arbiter, and 2 rando Elites since no other Spartan was in the Halo 3 story. Master Chief was the main character (P1) and was the most important character to the level progression. In Infinite, everyone is P1.

I don't think a novelization of Infinite would describe Master Chief setting up a coil launch or how he stole the Pelican from the Pilot, stuff that can be done without co op.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
I really wish 343 would just be up front about shit when they say why they're not doing a thing because "we don't let you use MP spartans because it's ~Chief's story~" just reads incredibly silly as a reason in a game series that hasn't been super consistent about it (like fuck one of the more neater touches in what they did in Halo CE Anniversary was making it implied that player 2 was Linda since the CE suit is generic and didn't have any identifying symbols like 117 on them, they've already made one of their chosen examples not part of this!) compared to "it would be nice but co-op's been delayed enough as it is".

Which is what I figured since any MP spartan integration would probably expand the scope of what they're doing and if they could do that easily enough, co-op wouldn't be coming out nearly a year after the campaign's release.
How is it silly when that's the exact story

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not asking for it to be implied that Blue Team is playing alongside Chief in co-op. Just for the ability to give the illusion that they are by making ANY Spartan customizations carry over for the secondary players. If I want to be Emile, Jorge, Linda, Kelly, so forth.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fans need to learn to not get ahead of themselves aswell though. It was obvious there would not be multiplayer spartans in co-op. That only happened with Reach which was because Noble 6 was a player vessel who dies at the end. Halo 3 is an exception but the the co-op aspect is not canon and Halo 5 had a story explanation but there was no multiplayer spartan in those campaigns either. Halo's1, 2, ODST and 4 all had clones of the main playable character.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Ive learned to expect nothing, heck even the worse with anything coming out of 343 pipeline.

I get to atleast enjoy the content for what it is.

Oct 26, 2017
That'll come in another 6-12 months

Shadows-of-the-former-1.jpg

RIP the co-op dream, made all those new designs for nothing

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
it would be nice sure, anything on top of a functional co-op mode with repeatable missions and crossplay would be gratefully accepted. I wouldn't classify it as a "missed opportunity," though

Especially since campaign co op itself hasn't been a standard mode in major shooting games for more than a decade, never mind bespoke characters. I'll be glad if 343 can deliver it to the players on the 15th.

RIP the co-op dream, made all those new designs for nothing

multiplayer is right there

Oct 26, 2017
it would be nice sure, anything on top of a functional co-op mode with repeatable missions and crossplay would be gratefully accepted. I wouldn't classify it as a "missed opportunity," though

Especially since campaign co op itself hasn't been a standard mode in major shooting games for more than a decade, never mind bespoke characters. I'll be glad if 343 can deliver it to the players on the 15th.

multiplayer is right there
None of that armor is available in multiplayer and most of the rest is locked behind an overpriced paywall anyway

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
This is why Halo Reach is still the best game in the series. You can customize your spartan, take him into others campaigns and show off.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't believe you.
Not the person you quoted but I believe them. The major problem is their massively flawed sbmm system. It also doesn't help that the population is pitiful.

Not even the second week after launch and I couldn't find games with just one similarly skilled friend. This is when quickplay was the only social 4v4 playlist (lol). Matchmaking would time out after 5 minutes of searching.

It became even worse as the months went by. They even increased the matchmaking timeout to a full 10 minutes before it said "fuck you".

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's ultimately probably easier considering what they have on their plate and not exactly a priority getting past the first hurdle of making it work rather than not thinking about it, I'm sure they have like a lot of things.

Best just to think of Halo Infinite as Spaghetti, it's the only explanation.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): antagonising behavior over a series of posts, multiple prior infractions for hostility
Not the person you quoted but I believe them. The major problem is their massively flawed sbmm system. It also doesn't help that the population is pitiful.

Not even the second week after launch and I couldn't find games with just one similarly skilled friend. This is when quickplay was the only social 4v4 playlist (lol). Matchmaking would time out after 5 minutes of searching.

It became even worse as the months went by. They even increased the matchmaking timeout to a full 10 minutes before it said "fuck you".

Thank you for providing these videos.
But there is no hope in discussing this matter with someone who have 343 boots as a kissing statue.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for providing these videos.
But there is no hope in discussing this matter with someone who have 343 boots as a kissing statue.
In your haste to feel validated you failed to notice the bit where those videos are several months old and not an actual common issue for most players. But thank you for demonstrating what confirmation bias looks like I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
In your haste to feel validated you failed to notice the bit where those videos are several months old and not an actual common issue for most players. But thank you for demonstrating what confirmation bias looks like I guess. 🤷‍♂️

So what, you want me to make videos for you now?🤣
Am sorry man, I can't help but seriously feel sorry for you. Keep on kissing.

Other people also reporting the issue.
Are these new enough for you?

Or do you want me to post a Reddit and make video ? 🤣

Last edited:

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
More unique assets in the world is more overhead. An instance of Chiefs' is cheap. At least they added it, so good on them.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I showed that it was happening during launch and months after. It's not like the issue went away. I have to use an exploit to find social matches nowadays.

Is this something that should be happening to me and my friends? I'm in the US as well so it's not even a region server problem.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So what, you want me to make videos for you now?🤣
Am sorry man, I can't help but seriously feel sorry for you. Keep on kissing.
"I feel sorry that you've had a better experience with this game than I did because of issues specific to me and a minority of users" is pretty cringe ngl. 😬 Like bro there is so little need for this level of hostility it's a fucking video game.

I showed that it was happening during launch and months after. It's not like the issue went away. I have to use an exploit to find social matches nowadays.

Is this something that should be happening to me and my friends? I'm in the US as well so it's not even a region server problem.
The thing about anecdotes is that during discussions such as this one it's not representative of the general user experience. Big Team Battle controversy blew up as much as it did because it affected the general population, yours is literally an anecdote. Me and my friends played it without issue. And lots of other players did.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to drive around a barren land with the same, and few, repeating objectives over and over again with my friends.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about anecdotes is that during discussions such as this one it's not representative of the general user experience. Big Team Battle controversy blew up as much as it did because it affected the general population, yours is literally an anecdote. Me and my friends played it without issue. And lots of other players did.
You said you genuinely didn't believe that the other user was experiencing this issue. I brought you proof that this is a thing that has been happening since launch and that it hasn't gotten better with time.

It obviously affects higher skilled players the most so the general population will not experience the worst of it.

You can't tell me that a matchmaking system that struggles to give me social matches during launch week of a f2p crossplay Halo game isn't flawed.

TL;DR - If the game considers you good, matchmaking fucks you over. It's been this way since H5. No need to dismiss this issue because you personally aren't affected.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
You said you genuinely didn't believe that the other user was experiencing this issue. I brought you proof that this is a thing that has been happening since launch and that it hasn't gotten better with time.

It obviously affects higher skilled players the most so the general population will not experience the worst of it.

You can't tell me that a matchmaking system that struggles to give me social matches during launch week of a f2p crossplay Halo game isn't flawed.

TL;DR - If the game considers you good, matchmaking fucks you over. It's been this way since H5. No need to dismiss this issue because you personally aren't affected.

Just ignore him man. He can't take the L and move on even though I provided proof.

These worshippers are the worst you come across by🤣

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The connection to the game absolutely has gotten better with time for the general population. That's a widely agreed upon fact. The argument was, "the player base is so low that people can't find matches." And y'all moved the goal post.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
The connection to the game absolutely has gotten better with time for the general population. That's a widely agreed upon fact. The argument was, "the player base is so low that people can't find matches." And y'all moved the goal post.
What, it's not a connection issue. I never said anything about connection being an issue for me with finding games lol. It's a skill based matchmaking issue. I don't know what you're talking about now.

I don't care much for Mint Blitz but he more or less nails the issue here. It applies to all regions.

Last edited:

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Screw it. Halo is dead , 343 is gone within 12 months. The last Halo game should of been 5

The Era will be in peace

Master Chief? Never heard of him

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

It's not as bad for me, but I also have issues finding matches. It takes much longer than it should (2-3 mins). It's not an eternity or anything, but for a game like this it feels like forever sitting at the menu screen waiting for a match. I definitely get the feeling the population is low (at least in my region).

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
The obsession with blasting 343 is getting gross.

They have repeatedly made massive mistakes, but now they're getting reamed by people for not doing something they ever said they were going to do, not we're they asked by the community at large to do it.

Considering campaign co-op is coming a year late, in a game that was already a year or more late, I don't think it's fair to meme on 343 for not adding random additional features when their focus is just on getting to release candidate.

This is directed more at the comments in this thread than the op tho.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It's not as bad for me, but I also have issues finding matches. It takes much longer than it should (2-3 mins). It's not an eternity or anything, but for a game like this it feels like forever sitting at the menu screen waiting for a match. I definitely get the feeling the population is low (at least in my region).
I have spent more time browsing era while searching for a match than actually playing the game lol.

It would be nice if we could actually see how many people were being found but you know, 343 likes hiding as much information from players as possible.