• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
www.videogameschronicle.com

343 says Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to ‘a new place’ | VGC

Developer teases 'new way to play' in a future update planned for the coming weeks…

In its latest weekly development update, theXbox studio said that fans should expect "maybe a new place and way to play" when its next public flight test arrives later this month or early next month.

Now, Halo on Switch has been rumored for a while, maybe this is it?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's not coming out on Switch, don't be ridiculous. They're probably doing a dumb streamed version.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Epic makes 100000% more sense than switch lol. Or is it not on xCloud yet? If not then that

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see the value in porting a native version of it to Switch when they probably want to use it to push their cloud streaming infrastructure. Does Nintendo even still allow 100% streamed games on their platform?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they be teasing switch ports when they are talking about what are effectively beta tests for features they are planning to patch in? They literally list in the same list as like FOV, key bindings and KBAM stuff.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's most likely the Custom Games Browser they've been mentioning for a while.

Summoning wwm0nkey to bestow knowledge on this thread.

driqe

Jan 21, 2021
Xcloud on ios/PC. They didn't mention the word 'platforms' in their post btw. This could also be some new maps or a custom games browser

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo: Master Collection for Smash
maxresdefault.jpg

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I hope to get a series X at some point in the next year or so, but I'll buy if they come to Switch! I don't think I ever played the single player campaigns, I was in university when Halo 3 came out so I only really remember playing multiplayer with people.

edit: reading the actual quote - sounds like it could be new content maybe?

Oct 27, 2017
Finally it gets an N-Gage port.

Probably xCloud or EGS

But I'd buy a Switch port just to experience Halo for the first time.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think this is just about Halo Online maps being added and/or a Custom Game Browser tease, since the latter actually showed up in PC gamefiles:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
"a new place and WAY to play" makes me think Switch.

I think some insiders hinted it some time ago, but no idea of their credibility.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they are talking about in-game lol...like a new map...

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
The only way it'd ever be on switch is if nintendo allow some sort of Xcloud app on there, which won't happen.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guarantee you all that it's not coming to new platforms

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I just checked and I can play it on Game Pass Cloud.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I still find it funny some people on era were saying MCC would come to Switch before PC, though it isn't impossible for MS to share the IP, MCC is bloated as hell, i don't think Switch could run it, like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.