• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems that 343i Community Manager Postums has for whatever reason deleted tweets that show support for his LGBTQ coworkers.

one of the deleted tweets in question
unknown.png
and the tweet he references

I don't know why he decided to delete his tweets, but its disappointing to see that a community manager felt the need to delete his support of his queer co-workers considering he has recently dealt with a portion of the harassment that they deal with from toxic members of the halo fandom on twitter and instagram.

Personally i think that comments like this from a community manager are a good thing because it makes marginalized groups feel welcome. but to have this strong of support just disappear is strange. especially with MS's resolution to stop harassment lately, as a pansexual male it just rubs me the wrong way.

it just isnt a good look imo, like why would someone delete their support for their friends?
can this just be chalked up to executive meddling?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Pride Month is over, all brands are back to either not giving a shit or actively hating

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I can think of is someone scolded them for being too aggressive? Maybe? Not sure why they should fear angering idiots.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna take a guess that someone higher up complained that it looked bad to the company or something. Cause corporations don't give a fuck about you until it's acceptable to care about you and profit off of you.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Probably some higher up thought it was too aggressive and told him to delete it.

Outspokenness on an issue is rare in the industry cause no one wants to be framed as a "angry SJW".

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Only thing I can think of is someone scolded them for being too aggressive? Maybe? Not sure why they should fear angering idiots.

My guess is because someone told him idiots buy video games too. I agree with your assessment, they probably feared the nature of the tweet welcomed trolls.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is a fucked up thread. Anyone is allowed to delete any of their tweets for any damn reason they want.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Well I doubt he changed his minds suddenly, therefore he was probably asked/forced to?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it could easily be something as him not wanting to deal with the mentions or whatever. Kind of nothing thing to make a thread about.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I think a big corporation like MS probably wants to walk the fine line where positive endorsements are okay but antagonizing isn't ("block me"). I agree it feels unnecessary making it a bad look though.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This thread doesn't have much to discuss and we would rather not host rampant speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.