• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stand corrected them. But forgive me to think the MASTER CHIEF collection should include the master chief games, considering it includes non master chief games.
It only included ODST post launch as an apology for it's broken launch. Guaranteed it would not have Reach either if it had a smooth launch.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
I figure eventually Halo 5 will make it's way towards PC in some sense. But prob not till a ways after Infinite is launched and settle at this rate.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe my memory is bad, but I'm pretty sure 343 said at one point that they -can't- add any more games to MCC after Reach because of limitations in the engine. People need to just give up that dream already, it's never happening. If Halo 5 eventually gets a re-release, it won't be part of the collection.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So sad PC players won't be able to experience the best Halo campaign.

Played it few months ago on the Series S, played so damn well. Was the most enjoyable Halo for me.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
They're just responding to the nvidia leak so no one gets the wrong idea. They're not going to announce anything else in response to a leak, even if there were plans behind the scenes. Announcing a port of an old game on the eve of Halo Infinite? C'mon.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe my memory is bad, but I'm pretty sure 343 said at one point that they -can't- add any more games to MCC after Reach because of limitations in the engine. People need to just give up that dream already, it's never happening. If Halo 5 eventually gets a re-release, it won't be part of the collection.
Who said anything about Halo 5 being added to the MCC?

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
All that work they did for MCC and then leave PC folks hanging on the last chapter before Infinite. Ya hate to see it.

Have a port studio do it ffs. Something.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MS should get another team on it. No need for the main Halo people to take time out if Infinite for it. But, it is really fucking stupid to literally have a single entry of a franchise missing.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, they previously mentioned engine and Xbox One memory limitations.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I think it's weird that they've got this one game sitting outside the MCC, and I still think it ultimately gets ported to MCC at some point, but this isn't the first time they've said it isn't coming to PC.

Halo 5 gets shit on by everyone so it's not like there's a clamor for it to be ported, and they may simply view it as wasted resources to do the work.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The only explanation I can think of is why waste the resources when Infinite is their upcoming money maker. H5 itself probably wouldn't draw much attention from Infinite.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Makes sense, 343 is already working on MCC and Infinite so no need to work on Halo 5 at the moment.

Maybe down the line once MCC and Infinite are in a great place, they can port over Halo 5 to Steam.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
The only explanation I can think of is why waste the resources when Infinite is their upcoming money maker. H5 itself probably wouldn't draw much attention from Infinite.
I suppose I have "no plans" to play Halo 5. That's fine. As long as Infinite is coming, I don't care.
Essentially how I feel. When Infinite releases, I have no reason to ever even touch Halo 5 again (beyond maybe a full campaign run through.) Infinite is the definitive "modern" Halo experience, going based off of the gameplay in the Tech Preview.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys lets bring all Halo games to PC it'll be great. But not the game that bridges to Halo Infinite no sir.

It makes plenty of sense if you are trying to sell units... Halo doesn't sell Windows. It Sells Xbox. There's no major incentive to investing the resources to make it happen.

They havent released Halo on PC on release since 3. And with 3 they forced you to use a new operating system and garbage games for windows live which you had to pay for.. You watch Halo Infinite sell tons on PC which is what they are about now they don't care much for their hardware anymore considering everything is coming to PC from Xbox.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Super weird since part of the game is already on PC.

Hopefully it might get a port after Infinite is out but I highly doubt it.

Can't believe 5 is gonna be the weird one stuck on Xbox.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I mean, it made no sense last year and the year before, but with only a couple months before Infinite, it makes sense. They already have a small team working on MCC, the last thing you want to do is take people off Infinite to port over H5.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure they'll fold it into MCC one of these days, but it will take some effort to decouple progression and warzone from the card pack system.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 5 MP deserves better, high-level play is super entertaining to watch and the meta that evolved from bugs/movement exploitation created a really interesting skill range. I hope to see it on PC, if not technically possible as part of MCC then as a standalone.

They'd still be a lot of work to port and implement with the matchmaking, co-op/campaign so I understand why it's not been done yet with Inf/MCC being priorities.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
suddenly people care about Halo 5's campaign and they're not going to play Infinite otherwise?? wtf is going on.

yeah it'd be nice to have everything together, but it won't be happening (any time soon). There's always xCloud on PC to play through the campaign..

Halo Wars 2 lays the groundwork for Halo Infinite more than 5 anyway and that's on PC

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Developers who would be making the port - Skybox Labs - are tangled up with Infinite and post-launch support for that game. Previous comment by 343i employee I've seen said that, if Halo 5 port was to happen, it would happen long after Infinite. Skybox Labs did Halo 5 Forge for PC and Xbox One X version of Halo 5. Halo 5 received no client-side patches in the last few years - and the reason was, again, Halo Infinite. No series sx support either.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
yakuza-kazuma-kiryu.gif

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I'm really sorry that there are some xbox games that Microsoft has not brought to PC, especially because I can't see a reason why. Take Gears 2 or 3 or the mentioned Halo 5.

And I need the Perfect Dark remastered.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I genuinely don't understand these forums some times.

Encouraging and accepting games are not gonna be bought to a platform that already has 6 out of the 7 games available.

Nobody is entitled to a PC port of Halo 5. People accept this. Not sure what reaction you're looking for.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Developers who would be making the port - Skybox Labs - are tangled up with Infinite and post-launch support for that game. Previous comment by 343i employee I've seen said that, if Halo 5 port was to happen, it would happen long after Infinite. Skybox Labs did Halo 5 Forge for PC and Xbox One X version of Halo 5. Halo 5 received no client-side patches in the last few years - and the reason was, again, Halo Infinite. No series sx support either.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know skybox labs did the One X version!

It's been rough seeing Halo 5 MP bleed out as it has.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Probably a really low priority with infinite round the corner.
Also, if they released on steam nobody would pay more than $6 for it.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I did, and 343i has been saying for years that there are no plans to bring Halo 5 outside of the Forge mode to PC. It showing up in the GeForce Now database doesn't change that.
If you don't think a highly wished for port appearing in the GeForce Now database is at all newsworthy then I don't know what to tell you. I suspect you know that it is though.