• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
I came in here to bitch and complain and a user dropped a link that put the 3090 in your cart and left you at checkout. Somehow it went through.
I did the same, and looks like we are on the same boat.... which makes me nervous.

Nvidia what are you doing?!

nmTNRx0.jpg

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol so in order to purchase a 3090 from Nvidia you had to basically be a l33t h4x0r

InfiniteCats

Oct 25, 2017
The mail carrier just dropped off my FE 3090 here in Norway. I knew this thing would be big, but I think I underestimated how massive it would be in my Meshify C. I upgraded from a mini-itx build like six months ago due to a motherboard failure, and I figured the Meshify would last me a long while, but I suspect the 3090 is going to really strain the airflow.

6oHBPc1.jpg
BU6XWBD.jpg

Engin

Oct 25, 2017
The mail carrier just dropped off my FE 3090 here in Norway. I knew this thing would be big, but I think I underestimated how massive it would be in my Meshify C. I upgraded from a mini-itx build like six months ago due to a motherboard failure, and I figured the Meshify would last me a long while, but I suspect the 3090 is going to really strain the airflow.

6oHBPc1.jpg
BU6XWBD.jpg

Is this the meshify c mini? I have this too, and i want a 3090🙄

InfiniteCats

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the meshify c mini? I have this too, and i want a 3090🙄
No, it's the bog standard Meshify C. From what I can tell the only difference is the height though, so it should still fit.

Temps haven't been a big issue so far, not that I've had time to really stress it very much. Maybe not the biggest overclocking potential, but I don't have the patience for that anyway.

Engin

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's the bog standard Meshify C. From what I can tell the only difference is the height though, so it should still fit.

Temps haven't been a big issue so far, not that I've had time to really stress it very much. Maybe not the biggest overclocking potential, but I don't have the patience for that anyway.
Not gonna overclock this monster ^^ i wasn't able to order one. the nvidia site was down for a few minutes, after that it wasn't available anymore

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017

6oHBPc1.jpg
BU6XWBD.jpg
I think the airflow looks pretty good on this. You got a fan right in front of it feeding it fresh air, and plenty of space under the card. Looks good imo. The card also looks like it has no sag! Probably because it has the 3rd pcie slot bracket.

Man, that adapter is ugly! Can't wait till nice sleeved adapters are released.

I got mine going in to a Phanteks Evolv mATX case, and will only have a little space under card.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017

6oHBPc1.jpg
BU6XWBD.jpg
It's not as long as my Zotac 3080 I can't fit a full size fan lol

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
MY 3090 FROM AMAZON SPAIN SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!

ALMOST TIME TO RENDER SOME SHIT

AND POORLY PLAY RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 AT 8K

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
According to Asus EU, they will be shipping a very small amount of Strix OC 3090s to retailers on Monday. Good news for anyone who pre-ordered VERY early from Scan or OCUK who I know have a queue system for orders.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.techpowerup.com

ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 STRIX OC Review

The ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 STRIX OC is the fastest RTX 3090 we have tested today by quite the big margin. It also has a huge power limit adjustment range that maxes out at 480 W! We hance added a whole test run at 480 W to our review to see how much extra headroom RTX 3090 Ampere has left and...

Any reason the 3090 non-OC is outperforming the OC here? I thought the OC ROG STRIX was the best performing 3090 card?

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
www.techpowerup.com

ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 STRIX OC Review

The ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 STRIX OC is the fastest RTX 3090 we have tested today by quite the big margin. It also has a huge power limit adjustment range that maxes out at 480 W! We hance added a whole test run at 480 W to our review to see how much extra headroom RTX 3090 Ampere has left and...

Any reason the 3090 non-OC is outperforming the OC here? I thought the OC ROG STRIX was the best performing 3090 card?
The "Strix 3090 480w" value is just the Strix OC (the card they are reviewing) running at max power settings, they aren't separate cards.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
My new rig for dev w/ a 3090 is out for delivery today. Mad hyped! Pretty big upgrade overall. 10900KF, 128GB 3200MHZ ram, 3090 and 8TB combined NVME/SSDs. Woo!

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
My 3090 Strix OC was sent today. Retailers across the EU have been receiving stock for this card, but only in very small numbers of less than 20. Still good to know that the ball is now rolling for any Strix buyers.

Senior Lurker

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone knows if the below 8 pin connector works with the 3090? Unfortunately I've gotten rid of all my extra cables that came with the mobo /power supply originally and need at least 1 pcie 8 pin vga connector.

Thanks in advance!

8pin PCI Express to 2 X PCIe 8 (6+2) pin & 6pin Motherboard Graphics Video Card PCI-e GPU VGA Y-splitter Hub Power Cable GPU to GPU (4 pack) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TVSCKFQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yeGIFbZ8BJPTQ

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
My 3090 Strix OC was sent today. Retailers across the EU have been receiving stock for this card, but only in very small numbers of less than 20. Still good to know that the ball is now rolling for any Strix buyers.

You are lucky... my retailer answers to customers asking that their Strix OC will be sent in january... and that's for people having ordered a couple minutes after 3pm (CEST) ...

At that point i don't believe i'll ever receive my card (eagle oc). my order got validated a full 6 minutes after the start... damn stocks.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my 3090 in on Wednesday (ordered on launch day from a system builder site) but seeing the chart of just how many units a retailer was receiving vs how many they requested was disheartening.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh still waiting for my 3090 Trio from ebuyer, hoping it comes in time around 5th November (provided there isn't this same problem for the AMD CPUs..), just disheartening seeing I ordered a few mins after pre-orders went up there and I don't think I've even seen anyone claim to have gotten a card from ebuyer?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I cancelled my launch date pre-ordered 3090 from my retailer, no stock in the foreseeable future (dammit),
Friendly members found me a card but i managed to screw up since i tried to get a scan FE a couple hours before, which exhausted my credit available despite them cancelling the order because i'm not in the UK or Ireland. So now... i have a ghost card waiting for payment which is already OOS for sure (they don't do reservation).
My only luck is if they get another drop after payment is sent to honor mine... but i have doubts it could happen quickly, stocks are so scarce.

It certainly was a lesson : don't try to outsmart a system geoblocking you, because you might lose the real opportunity right next to it

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So hey uh...we've got a Folding@Home team going if anyone wants to throw their 3090 at it.

www.resetera.com

Help science fight the Coronavirus! Join the ResetEra Folding@Home Team today and donate your computer's CPU and GPU cycles for the cause. COVID

With the announcement that the Folding@Home project will be adding the 2019-nCoV virus, otherwise known as Coronavirus, as one of their fields of research, I figure now's a better time than ever to get back into donating those spare CPU & GPU cycles. What is Folding@Home? CORONAVIRUS – WHAT...

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Luckily some of our kind members' karma saved me from the horrible fate of being card-less
rtx100yensajko6.jpg

It's big, but it smells nice :)
100 yens coin for scale.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Got a notification from EVGA saying that I was up for my 3090 FTW3 Ultra, pulled the trigger so hard ... and now we wait!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just picked up my 3090 Founders Edition from Best Buy yesterday, from the big drop on their site on 10/28. Unfortunately I have a hardline tubing watercooled PC build, so I have to wait for EK Water Blocks to release their 3090 Founders Edition water block so I can put that on the card and add it to my PC. Also since I will be going to the trouble of draining my loop and making a couple new tubing runs for this to accommodate for the radically different GPU block, I'll be hopefully upgrading the CPU from the 3950X to the 5950X at the same time.

It'll be one badass PC once I'm done with all that!

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Judging from the ETA updates I've received thus far, I don't think my EVGA XC3 Gaming pre-order is going to ship before December. I am at the very front of the queue, as I placed the pre-order within ~10 minutes of the retailer's site being updated, but this is offset by the card being at the very bottom of the guesstimated waitlist.

In hindsight, I wish I'd tried my luck with Mwave's FE raffle.

Last edited: