• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CC looks pretty good, and even though we probably won't be seeing our character much I'll still spend a good amount of time getting the perfect look down lol.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
CC looks pretty good, and even though we probably won't be seeing our character much I'll still spend a good amount of time getting the perfect look down lol.
There's no third person camera mode? Damn. Even if when we landed the final kill and it showed our character for a brief moment that would be cool (like max Payne 3 does sometimes in slow mo)

Oh well. Not a big deal I guess.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Not a fan of the loading screens between open world -> towns from that video, it feels very... 2011. I thought we were past that now.

Oct 26, 2017
With those options and the overall tone of the game I can see people roleplaying a Zapp Brannigan style character.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From this little snippet, Gun play looks just as janky as expected.
But I rather have a good RPG experience in this case then a good shooting experience like Fallout 4 without any real choices.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
From this little snippet, Gun play looks just as janky as expected.
But I rather have a good RPG experience in this case then a good shooting experience like Fallout 4 without any real choices.
I don't think the gun-play itself is janky - it's just the way the character is holding that particular pistol that looks a little janky/off. If you ignore that and simply look at the reticle and the camera movement, it looks pretty standard but without auto-aim enabled.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Not a fan of the loading screens between open world -> towns from that video, it feels very... 2011. I thought we were past that now.

the whole game looks like from 2011, from the animations to the way the character holds the pistol...well that part could also be from 2001 tbh

i mean graphics/animations are not all but whew, that is very wooden and last gen

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the gun-play itself is janky - it's just the way the character is holding that particular pistol that looks a little janky/off. If you ignore that and simply look at the reticle and the camera movement, it looks pretty standard but without auto-aim enabled.

I was more miffed by the enemy AI and reactions to getting shot.
- Kill the first bandits 10m away from the next two and they could not care less
- The "dogs" just jumping out and away and waiting to be shot.

Again, not a big whoop but kinda interesting that in all the other advancements in games, enemy AI has not been talked about
since Half Life 1 flanking Marines or FEAR.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
This is coming out on switch eventually, right? And if so besides graphical quality does anyone know if it loses any features for being on switch? I prefer the option to take it portable over the best graphics but I want to know if I'd lose any features by getting it on switch.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Couldn't watch at work. This basically looks like fallout? Can some bullet point what this game is about, etc?

Jan 4, 2018
Not super hyped for this because it's kind of janky looking and I'm not a huge fan of Obsidian overall, but I'll give it a shot on Game Pass because I'm a sucker for anything with character creation.