• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

So what are you getting?

• Wonderful 101

Votes: 465 22.9%
  • Clubhouse Games

Votes: 531 26.2%
  • Borderlands Collection

Votes: 104 5.1%
  • Outer Worlds

Votes: 193 9.5%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: DE

Votes: 1,600 78.9%
  • XCom 2 Collection

Votes: 171 8.4%
  • Bioshock Collection

Votes: 194 9.6%

• Total voters

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
W101 and Xenoblade for me. May get something else as well depending on the reception. I am biased toward Japanese RPGs but if the Western games are worth it Ill get them. Curious about The Outer Worlds, but I could get it on PS4/Xbox.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Non of the above. I've played most of them already.

Next game on the list is likely paper Mario.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade.

I think I'd probably enjoy Xcom and Outer Worlds, but I just don't see myself playing any of them right now. And by the time I'm done with Xeno, TLoU2 will likely be out.

Oct 25, 2017
The next two months on my video game calendar look like absolute, indiscriminate murder.

My physical backer copy of W101 is delayed, but when it comes, that's one that is definitely accounted for. I meant to replay it on Wii U for years, and just kept putting it off, but now seems like the time to relearn it like I always wanted.

I played Xenoblade on Wii on somebody else's copy, so owning my own copy of DE was always a certainty. But I'm not actually sure I'll replay it anytime soon; this is very much something I mean to pick up as a library copy for my long-term collection. Might do Future Connected by itself; might hold off on the whole package for a rainy day. I like the game well enough, but I just do not have another 100 hours to donate to it between now and Paper Mario.

I held off on XCOM 2's War of the Chosen expansion on PC precisely to hedge on a Switch port, but I won't be getting this right at launch; I know well enough to wait for a sale down the road (like I'm already doing for the Civ6 expansion bundle). I'll need a new SD card to have the capacity for it anyway. If the port is a competent one, I'll look at this in a year; and if it's not, I'll grab the full collection on PC (where I already played the vanilla game back in 2016).

I have a remaining NSO voucher that I need to spend by late July, but I want to own both Xenoblade and Paper Mario on a cartridge, and was hoping to use the voucher on something would be a better fit for a hop-in, hop-out experience I always want on my system and never intend to pass around. It's increasingly looking like this may go to Clubhouse Games: it's not the most cost-efficient use of the voucher when it comes to savings, but at least I might actually stand a chance of playing it. I was considering Pokémon as my fallback for the longest time, but I seriously doubt I have the time or mental space for it. Originally I was hoping to hold the voucher for a double-dip on something like a port of 3DW, but now that Paper Mario is on the calendar, I'm not counting on orders to open for that between now and late July. However, maybe there will be a September-ish release that goes up for preload in July, so I think I'll hold my voucher until then just in case.

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered The Outer Worlds even though I already played it on PS4 because a) I want it in portable form and b) I want Microsoft to see these Switch sales numbers and strike up a deal with Nintendo to release future Obsidian games on the Switch since I won't be buying an XSX and I don't have a PC that will play current-gen games. I used my "So long, GCU" discount to order it.

I'll probably pick up XCOM at some point as well. That it. Nothing else really appeals to me on that list. Borderlands Collection sort of does, but I'm cool with getting that for now.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
I was waiting for the Outer Worlds, but I just bought a PS4, so I'm going to play it there.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got excited when I saw the thread title but it's a bunch of games I already played and don't care to buy again. It's a good time for Switch-only gamers, I guess.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of old, good-not-great games is hardly what I'd call "stacked", so for me: none. Just continuing to plow through my backlog until TLOU2

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The only game I'm getting day 1 in Xenoblade Chronicles DE, I will probably pick up W101, Clubhouse Games, and Outerworlds down the road. Maybe if the 2k collections get a crazy deep discount (like $10) I may pick them up.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Interested in Bioshock Collection since i never played the series.. are those games still good?
Is there a physical release?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just Xenoblade. I don't know if I'd call a bunch of ports a stacked week exactly, but at least Xenoblade is a big improvement + has new content.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Might get Minecraft Dungeons on the Switch. Just haven't decided which platform I want to play on yet.

Zero interest in any of the games in the poll. Played the ones I wanted to, and don't care about the ones I haven't.

Duonala

Oct 27, 2017
I don't view my Switch as anything other than "that thing I play Xenoblade games on", so just XenoblaDE.
giphy.gif

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Backed 101, though I'm quite disappointed with the performance, good thing they gave a steam version.

Xenoblade is a no brainer for me.
I'm curious about Xcom 2 performances, not expecting it to be great, but if it is, might be added to the purchases.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
XBC:DE is all I'm planning to play and it's already preloaded. I expect to spend a lot of time with it like I did on Wii.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
None. And it's that have played any of them right now, I haven't. None of them actually. But my plate is full right now (AC Odyssey season pass, Yoshi's Crafted World, Banjo Tooie and Spyro Trilogy).
I think my next big Switch purchase will be Origami King.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing "stacked" are the number of games in Clubhouse Games!

That's it for me. The rest of that list is...uh...yeah, okay.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Xenoblade but that's probably it. I have it on n3ds and never really got into it but that was actually kind of because of the terrible graphics. So maybe the switch version I'll like.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
The only thing I have ordered atm is Bioshock, though I'm still 50/50 on trying to grab Xenoblade.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
W101 is a PC or PS4 purchase for me. I'm probably in for Bioshock and Outer Worlds, I'll get Borderlands when it hits deep sale.

Oct 27, 2017
Just going to get Xenoblade. I've been dying to try out the series ever since I saw XCX (didn't own a WiiU sadly) and this definitive edition seems like the place best to jump in.

Dantendo

Oct 27, 2017
South Australia
People do realise that if you're not planning on getting any of those you can just back out of the thread without posting anything?

The drive by posts of "nothing, these are old games" are lame and add nothing to the thread.

For me i'll be getting

Xenoblade
Wonderful 101 (not at launch)
Clubhouse Games

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
surprised to see so much interest in clubhouse games. Guess it makes sense, especially for the current times.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
just xenoblade. i don't even replay games very often. really looking forward to it though.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
W101 for me off the bat but it'll be the ps4 version i think for performance reasons.

bioshock and xcom i'm gonna hold off until sales

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
Waiting for my Kickstarter copy of W101 and I'll get Bioshock when it's on sale. I've pre-ordered Paper Mario and still have Alien Isolation, Spyro 3, Flashback, Yooka Laylee & The Impossible Lair and Assassins Creed Rogue in my Switch backlog so I have plenty to play.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Switch is only for exclusives so Xenoblade as I skipped WiiU. Maybe Clubhouse.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
What the Golf and Xenoblade. Maneater is also coming next week, but I'm gonna get that one on PS4.