• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
www.wnep.com

Snow shoveling dispute ends with three dead

Police believe a neighbor shot a husband and wife and then turned the gun on himself.

Stories like this always give me anxiety when it comes to any dispute/confrontation with someone I'm not close with.

Yeah as a non-American I think about this quite a lot, how I'm a lot more aggressive with assholes but I wonder if I wouldn't be in a country with a shitload of guns?

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
we have "dibs" here in chicago, which is reserving your parking spot with furniture on the street after digging your car out of the snow.

if you "steal" someone's spot, it can get get very dangerous. i wonder if this is what it is

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to solve this is if the husband and wife had guns, so that they could have defended themselves and their property.

/S

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how they know that this was the result of a snow shoveling dispute, since all three people are dead.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
we have "dibs" here in chicago, which is reserving your parking spot with furniture on the street after digging your car out of the snow.

if you "steal" someone's spot, it can get get very dangerous. i wonder if this is what it is
Chicago here. Dibs can die. I spent half an hour digging out a spot yesterday fully expecting to lose it when I returned. My beautifully cleaned spot was gone when I returned so I put my hazards on and speed-cleaned another spot and jammed my car in there instead. It is what it is. If I want private parking, I'll pay for it.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Dibs was definitely a thing at my old apartment complex in NJ. Difference was if there was a problem, someone would get their car key'd/tires slashed. Not shot.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine the sheer naked horror of living in a country where there are enough people around that saying the wrong thing to one of them over something innocuous could end with you and your spouse dead and this isn't cause for immediate revolution of gun laws.

The only time in my life I flipped somebody off from my car the dude caught up to me, pulled ahead, slammed his brakes in front of me and walked out into ongoing traffic to make me apologize to him. That was bad enough, but the idea that a guy like that can carry a fucking gun on him all the time?

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Stories like these make me feel so hopeless. Gun ownership is a vice. It's like a disease from which the United States cannot cure itself, and that idea is just so depressing. An instrument of death should never be a solution to a personal or societal problem.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
I get and don't get some people when it comes to moving snow around. Shit sucks in my neighborhood, queens NY. My neighbors don't shovel their cars out or they just shovel the snow in front of their house pretty much onto the car in front of their house. They do that despite having a small yard area they could shovel it into instead.

I have to park on the street so I do my best not to get plowed in, I always get plowed in. I have to shovel my car out and you bet that if i go anywhere, that spot is gone when I come home. My neighbors have no problem moving their car from the shitty spot they neglected to clear up to a nice neat spot I cleaned up, a little animosity there.

I was out clearing near my car earlier while my kids were outside and i noticed a car hovering. I wasn't going anywhere, but they were there ready to take my spot while there were plenty of spots, that just needed to be shoveled a little. I walked back to the house and they drove off.

This has little to do with what happened in PA, I assume it was a dispute on where to put the snow. Obviously murder suicide is way overboard and something else was clearly fucked in that guy's head. But I do understand snow removal can get intense.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I can't imagine the sheer naked horror of living in a country where there are enough people around that saying the wrong thing to one of them over something innocuous could end with you and your spouse dead and this isn't cause for immediate revolution of gun laws.

True, that IS horrifying but lower taxes tho.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
We just had an elderly man stabbed to death in front of a grocery store over what was alleged to be an argument over a handicapped spot.

Stuff like this is why I try to be as non-confrontational as possible.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
A dude on my street shot his neighbor because he played his music late at night. Crazy he called the police and just waited for them to arrest him.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
If only we didn't let citizens have guns, but no the second amendment is so important

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
We just had an elderly man stabbed to death in front of a grocery store over what was alleged to be an argument over a handicapped spot.

Stuff like this is why I try to be as non-confrontational as possible.

Yup. This is my go-to stance. As much as I have to lose I always keep in mind a lot of folks have absolutely nothing to lose and will gladly take it there if they feel pushed. So unless someone physically puts their hands on me I'll let them enjoy their ego.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I lived in the city and in downtown Milwaukee for 5+ years and always thought people who put out chairs or cones were assholes. Every time I'd shovel myself out if my spot was taken when I returned, I found another one. Thus is the life of a street parker.

Sad story. Hopefully didn't escalate from something as stupid as that

Oct 25, 2017
shooter should have just saved everyone the trouble and downed himself instead of taking two people with him first, whats the point
better yet just sit on the couch and angrily eat a bag of chips but merica and their guns gotta shoot
jesus what a waste
too many guns in too many hands

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
As completely awful and tragic as this news story is;

Do Not Create: Shock Threads

These are threads about news or content that is just disgusting and/or shocking, with little potential for discussion other than outrage. Nobody gains anything from these threads and you should not make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.