• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
COVID-19 protocols are taking a psychological toll on everyone, and that includes the people who were already extremists, already on the fringe, already fantasizing about the day they'd get to shoot another human being.

We obviously have no other choice, but the longer this goes on, the crazier people are going to get. Good luck keeping stores open when employees need to worry about getting murdered.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Sensing a pattern here

Fuck out of here with your guns. It's fucking insanity how easy it is to access in so many states.

And of course the people baring the brunt of this bullshit are those who are fucking working at a mcdonalds or a dollar store just to get by.

Breaks my heart how devalued their lives have become.

I know America is a large country with a very disparate population regarding the 2nd amendment but pls do all you can now/when this pandemic is over, to prioritise gun control. No more kowtowing to all these idiots trying to gaslight you into thinking anything else regarding guns.

They are unnecessary, they destroy lives and it is illegally exported all over world to wreak havoc on even more people. No more guns.

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
2010_homicide_suicide_rates_high-income_countries.png

It's overwhelmingly an American problem. If you want a more recent graph

promo_wide-412d808126ead32642a4ebb91c9b19cf45c3be28.png

Aka, things haven't changed much from 2010 to 2016.
Surprised about the high suicide rates in Finland.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
As a Canadian, I'm still kind of stunned to see stories like this coming out of the USA, but at the same time, it can't be the only country where people are freaking out like this. Maybe there are shoot outs in India or something that we're just not hearing about, it can't JUST be the USA, can it?
What other country do you know of that has more guns than people?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe these people think even for a second they'll get away with such a public attack. Glad she was quickly caught and I hope she gets the book thrown at her.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The people doing this stuff should be charged as terrorists. This is a political attack. We're seeing more and more of this and I don't think these are all just mentally ill people lashing out.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As a Canadian, I'm still kind of stunned to see stories like this coming out of the USA, but at the same time, it can't be the only country where people are freaking out like this. Maybe there are shoot outs in India or something that we're just not hearing about, it can't JUST be the USA, can it?

Have you followed American news for the last few decades? I rarely hear about mass shootings in other countries. There's a reason for that. I'm sure India has much stricter laws on guns. Like almost any country that isn't a warzone does.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm glad I live in a country where I don't yet have to worry about having a gun on me at all times in case I get shot by a Karen upset she couldn't get her cheeseburger

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck is shooting people over dining at McDs? This is up there in pathetic crimes.
You underestimate just how truly stupid some can be.

America will continue like this without bans on guns. And half the country is stupid enough to believe they have a "right" to own these death tools because some geniuses thought they were smart to put it in their fucking constitution.

What an inhuman constitution.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From a red state that ranks constantly in the bottom 10 in every category from education to health, not surprising. And I say that as someone who lives here.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The US is a third world country masquerading as a developed nation.

You underestimate just how truly stupid some can be.

America will continue like this without bans on guns. And half the country is stupid enough to believe they have a "right" to own these death tools because some geniuses thought they were smart to put it in their fucking constitution.

What an inhuman constitution.

Everybody keeps telling me that the second amendment is there to prevent tyranny, but now there's a god damn tyrant in office and they're all turning their guns on McDonald's employees or using them to intimidate legislators into letting them get haircuts again. The second amendment never stopped being a tool for white supremacy, except now they're literally hunting down black people with no consequences instead of chasing slaves back onto the plantations

Honestly the constitution is a fucking joke. When this country was founded, the rights they established were intended for the white, male, and wealthy. That's it. Unless it's rebuilt from the ground up, it will always be that way. Doesn't matter what color your walls are, how nice your floor is, or how much care goes into your lawn, when your foundation is shit.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The US is a third world country masquerading as a developed nation.

Everybody keeps telling me that the second amendment is there to prevent tyranny, but now there's a god damn tyrant in office and they're all turning their guns on McDonald's employees or using them to intimidate legislators into letting them get haircuts again. The second amendment never stopped being a tool for white supremacy, except now they're literally hunting down black people with no consequences instead of chasing slaves back onto the plantations

Honestly the constitution is a fucking joke. When this country was founded, the rights they established were intended for the white, male, and wealthy. That's it. Unless it's rebuilt from the ground up, it will always be that way. Doesn't matter what color your walls are, how nice your floor is, or how much care goes into your lawn, when your foundation is shit.

Exactly 110% correct!!!

Now rebuilding the entire nation is the absolute highly challenging part due to how strong white supremacy and the wealthy is so deeply ingrained into the U.S.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
What the actual fuck is wrong with America. I straight up don't understand trying to kill multiple people because you want a $2 hamburger.

We are a country of 300 million people. I know this found likes to shit on Americans without hesitation, but remember that this is a very large country and you are getting cherry picked stories that are chosen specifically because they are outrageous.

Does the United States have serious problems? Of course. Are many of these problems unique to this country? No.

I do wonder how different the moderation reactions would be if we had threads constantly shitting on the people of other countries in overly broad and insulting ways?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
When you are willing to go to prison for the rest of your life over something so simple as being able to eat in a fast food joint you are fucking nuts... and the fact that this will just be another story on page 8 and be replaced with another crazy ass story like this in a matter of hours means this country is fucking nuts.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a loved one losing their life over something so fucking stupid.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Who the fuck likes sitting in a McDonald's so much that it drives them to shoot people.

Fucks sake. I'm just livid this morning.

I've heard that in some states, statistics for traffic accidents are up, rather than down, with less people out on the roads.

With responsible people trying not to go out unnecessarily it increases the odds of unstable people having encounters in public.

And these people are going to be emboldened by feeling like "rebels".

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Each day I read all the craziness in the US, I'm glad I wasn't born in that country.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
www.news9.com

2 Arrested After Allegedly Shooting 2 Employees At SW OKC McDonald's

Police said two employees were shot and a third was injured in a shooting Wednesday evening at a McDonald's in southwest Oklahoma City.

Two female suspects arrested

Looks like one of the suspects was released.

www.koco.com

Police identify woman accused of firing shots at McDonald’s after she was told dining room was closed

Oklahoma City police identified a woman accused of firing shots inside a McDonald’s restaurant after being told by employees that the dining room was closed due to coronavirus restrictions.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
2nd amendment rights are the safest they have ever been in the USA, more guns were sold in March 2020 than ever before. Between 2-3.7m guns were sold in the USA in March, as people got frightened that a severe erosion in police and health services could lead to a breakdown in law and order.
www.bbc.com

How the coronavirus led to the highest-ever spike in US gun sales

More than 2m guns were purchased in March and the FBI conducted 3.7m background checks.

Every single local gun store was completely sold out of all guns and almost all ammo for all of february and march. Anecdotally the store near me told me about 50% of sales were to first time gun owners.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory trolling in a sensitive thread
Guns are preeeeeetty cool man :))))) Wish we had more of them out and about here in Sweden. More shooty shooty, just like the games!

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The police have identified the suspect arrested, looks like it is just 1 shooter.

www.newson6.com

Police Identify Woman Accused In SW OKC McDonald's Shooting

Police Identify Woman Accused In SW OKC McDonald's Shooting

When officers arrived, they found one employee shot in the arm, two employees injured by shrapnel and one employee suffering from a head injury during a physical altercation.

I guess it's good (for the employees) that only 1 person was actually shot. Hopefully they all recover and are taken care of by McDonalds.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy! In general, I have always wondered what makes people so extremely entitled in restaurant and stores. Working retail years ago, I was surprised to see how many people completely power trip over petty shit.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Oklahoma's governor was just on TV last week talking shit about Michigan and the dollar store shooting saying the people of Oklahoma were so much better than that.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm sure glad my worthless state decided we should all be allowed guns at all times in all circumstances and that there's not been anything particularly egregious happening ever since we began escalating ease of gun access here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
This is absolutely INSANE! Imagine feeling entitled enough to pull a gun on fast food staff... because you're being inconvenienced...

...imagine...
(White) People are looking for any excuse to feel persecuted, the shutdown/qurantine is like a gold mine for them to shout about how their rights are being infringed. They want their right for free refills by staying in the dining room, I can't think of any other reason to want to eat inside a McDonald's

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
(White) People are looking for any excuse to feel persecuted, the shutdown/qurantine is like a gold mine for them to shout about how their rights are being infringed. They want their right for free refills by staying in the dining room, I can't think of any other reason to want to eat inside a McDonald's
The shooter was black, see above.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Oklahoma's governor was just on TV last week talking shit about Michigan and the dollar store shooting saying the people of Oklahoma were so much better than that.
Surely my anti-vax governor wouldn't have said something so short sighted, especially after the state had already received national coverage for threats of gun violence against restaurant employees led Stillwater to scaling back it's mask mandate because, of course, gun toting freedomers are more important than the health and wishes of citizens at probate businesses. I can't believe such a smart successful businessman, who's smart enough to let his numerous goatdevil fucking progeny not be vaccinated, could have such a lapse in judgement.

If we don't get rid of Governor Shit next time around the state is gone. He's new to politics but ran off bring a Trump Jr, and he will only get worse the more we allow him to.