• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
If you're hoping to see the critical reception of Borderlands 3 before you commit to a purchase, you're going to be pretty limited prior to launch.

Publisher 2K has only sent early code to a select number of US outlets, citing security concerns. The publisher appears to be on edge after sending private investigators to a prominent Borderlands 3 leaker's home.

It's disappointing from our perspective, since we've attended preview events for the game both overseas and in the UK. During these events, we were privy to some content that we couldn't yet talk about due to signed NDAs. Because that's how NDAs work – we sign them and we're bound by the terms. Now we haven't signed one for review, if any leaks do happen, we're good to report on them. It seems counterproductive if the goal here is added security.

More: https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/08/borderlands-3-review-no-early-code/

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I wonder if these select few outlets have previously shown liking to 2K's offerings and especially Borderlands franchise?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"The publisher appears to be on edge after sending private investigators to a prominent Borderlands 3 leaker's home. "

Wait that is the reason? If its a reason..

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Honestly? It won't really matter either way.

The game will receive glowing review. There's very little chance they're going to mess it up. It's an improvement from a well-proven formula.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Well they have the most experience with pointless gun collecting, makes sense
7qwU9zf.gif

LoNe_eXiLe

Oct 25, 2017
"The publisher appears to be on edge after sending private investigators to a prominent Borderlands 3 leaker's home. "

Wait that is the reason? If its a reason..

No, that is just speculation on vg247 side, which is all they are good for, really. TBH, I'm glad that site isn't getting a review code.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Why everything about this game is so controversial? It's like they are doing on purpose.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So 2K thinks there's some security risk that only applies to non-US media? I don't get it.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
To back this up, our site (a smaller site admittedly) requested codes for BL3 and didn't get a reply at all (we're UK based too).

Chudah

Apr 23, 2019
Maybe it'd be too expensive to send goons overseas to rough up anyone who breaks NDA and leaks before the embargo lifts?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
That's a little bit surprising seeing how hard they've been pushing this. PR actually inquired pretty early about review codes and even offered Borderlands 2 codes if we wanted to catch up. My guess is they'll send up a bunch either pretty close to release or on launch day itself

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dumb considering I have no real reason to believe it's not going to do well critically

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. Are they scared some parts of the game might get leaked? Didn't think this was a story heavy game.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
y2k

what a bungle of press this game and those associated have had since reveal and I believe non of it is to do with the actual quality/contents of the game

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Gronkh (Germanys best lets player with almost 5mil YT subs and ~25000 viewers on twitch every friday) was allowed to play the demo with people from 2k in his house two weeks ago.... but got no code. xD

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
So, they don't trust European influencers or review outlets with codes because they're afraid things will get leaked? Seems pretty darn xenophobic to me.