• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Shit, I forgot I have to replay Super Metroid and this now this year for their 25th anniversaries!

fuck time flies :(

ForteanMan

Oct 25, 2017
Dongguan, China
After I finish my replay of FF 7 and 9 on Switch, I think I'll finally finish FF 6. Got to the Ruined world and got sidetracked by other stuff, so I really need to finish it.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019

Best characters.
Best music.
Best villain.
Best aesthetics.
Best game ever.

Eta- I've played the rest and they all get compared to VI in my head.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's in the running for third best, because Tactics and Final Fantasy V exist, but VI is a pretty good game, yeah.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
THIS is the game that needs to be remade today.

The story, the characters, the music, fucking Kefka, all of it needs the remake treatment.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I don't know any other game that did such amazing character arcs for it's pretty-giant cast.

.... But uh, a bit of a case of a game I've talked up so much over the years Im spent talknig about it.
Shame we never got a proper facelift for the game.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
My second favorite game of all time. Hold up well event today.

I play FFXIV and was so giddy when they did an entire endgame raid tier based on FFVI bosses. Fighting Kefka with that music blaring was SOOOOOO satisfying.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So did anyone really bother with Gau? It was a REAAAALLLY bad implementation of the blue mage class as far as I'm concerned.

Daniagatha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
I love this game so much. I have the The Grand Finale signed by Nobuo Uematsu, the SNES JP cratridge. I am still looking the the american version to buy and I have a FFVI tattoo of Terra. I am waiting to have some money to make a Kefka one.

I lost the counts of how many times I rented the game and played this. And then again on emulators. The opera scene, the Celes scene (that someone already posted a img and oh my heart). The suplex a train scene.

So many unforgetable moments. Did I already say that I love this games?

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
064.gif

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game so much, and it had some of the best music in the series... There is one variation of the soundtrack that I loved above all others and that was this one right here:

Final Fantasy VI Grand Finale (Milan Symphony Orchestra, Ensemble Archi Della Scala, Svetla Krasteva)

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I say it's the best FF, yet I've never beaten it @_@

One day I'll change that...

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing about VI (well, one of them), is the general theme of the game that I didn't really appreciate as a kid - loss. Every character in the game is dealing with a loss in some way or other. Be it a loved one, or identity, memory, freedom, or some combination there of. All of them are traumatized by something, even the villains (Kefka's loss of sanity, etc).

As I got older and started to lose things, too, it resonates even more. In really bad times it reminds me to keep going, even when it feels like you can't.

I don't want to see a full 3d remake. I'd love to see one in the style of FFIV PSP though. I'm still boggled that Square hasn't done so (and even more confused as to why they haven't ported older some of these gems to current gen consoles. I'd love a lot of them on the Switch!).

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This game is basically a physical representation of my happy place. Every aspect of what makes the series amazing to me distilled to perfection.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
My favourite FF game. Kefka's such a memorable villain and I've always found the villains of other mainline FFs never quite managed to leave an impression on me like he did. (Ted Woolsey's translation undoubtedly played a huge part in that, of course.)

Among all his classic lines, "'Wait,' he says. Do I look like a waiter?" still makes me smile.

AleeN634

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still one of the greatest jrpgs I've ever played. Glad it was included in the SNES Classic.

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
My favorite thing about VI (well, one of them), is the general theme of the game that I didn't really appreciate as a kid - loss. Every character in the game is dealing with a loss in some way or other. Be it a loved one, or identity, memory, freedom, or some combination there of. All of them are traumatized by something, even the villains (Kefka's loss of sanity, etc).

As I got older and started to lose things, too, it resonates even more. In really bad times it reminds me to keep going, even when it feels like you can't.

I don't want to see a full 3d remake. I'd love to see one in the style of FFIV PSP though. I'm still boggled that Square hasn't done so (and even more confused as to why they haven't ported older some of these gems to current gen consoles. I'd love a lot of them on the Switch!).

I was just thinking about this right now.

Everybody laughs about how you can suplex a train... But after that fight Cyan says farewell to his wife and son... That was one of the moments that I got thinking "videogames can do this?". And that was one of the three substories you could do at that moment... This game is so special.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FF6 deserves better. It's strangely forgotten by the company beyond a lovely bit of XIV homage.

There should have been a 3D remake for it on the 3DS years ago.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to jump in and say this is my favorite game of all time. It was the first JRPG I played from start to finish. Before this, I had no idea games could tell stories, much less through a broad cast of characters. I still have my original cart with the time maxed out.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
I love Final Fantasy VI.

I miss Final Fantasy. :( This series used to be so great. Final Fantasy XI was the last good game in the main series.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Amazing game

Probably my most favorite (though often tied with IX).

Played it at least 9 times between the SNES, PS1 and GBA versions.

Still got the PC version to play and will likely will play it in the future.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017

I completely agree with you, well stated. FF6 is the best FF still, and seeing a remake of it like FF4 PSP would be amazing!

Oct 25, 2017
This game is better than 7. Fight me.

Also, I had a dream that CD Projekt Red teamed up with Square to remake this game and it looked perfect. The graphics were realistic and beautiful, combat looked well done and the voice acting and presentation were top of the line. Not to mention the orchestrated mixes of the soundtrack done by the man, Nobuo Uematsu. I would kill to have that become a reality. They even got Mark Hamill to do the voice of Kefka!

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
One of the greats. Give this a watch if you can, it's a lovely little video about how special 6 is.

BahamutX83

Mar 13, 2019
Florida
Truly the best Final Fantasy. IV holds a special place in my heart but just cannot compare to this masterpiece.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have played it and every single damn time it is an epic experience. Personally I think that everyone who claims to be a jrpg fan should play it through at least once.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
My GOAT trio (FFVI, CT, and Earthbound) cycles through every so often, but these days I think FFVI is on top. Wonderfully epic, beautifully sincere, and buoyed by a musical magnum opus. It's the best.

There's a super underrated guy on Youtube that does FFVI covers with real instruments. The pieces sound like what I remembered hearing 25 years ago:

Terra's Theme, Coin Song, and Epitaph for life.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Best Final Fantasy? Best Final Fantasy.
One and done, close this thread down.

I remember when the 15th anniversary happen and all we got from it was an overly literal Fan translation by RPGOne...

First final Fantasy where the main leads were both female, and both were well written and interesting.