• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Es590q1WMAIGYJ-

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
good one lol

though Starfleet is not a military organisation, no matter how much Janeway probably wishes it was

samwyse

Oct 28, 2017
I've also been rewatching Voyager.

Threshold happens to be next. Been avoiding it for a couple of days. I guess I'll jump in soon to "celebrate" it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Threshold was probably the worst episode of the entire franchise until Dear Doctor happened.

It's amazing how an episode that so mangles the concept of evolution is also some of the best proof against the idea of God existing.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
They turn into lizard people and make babies?

No. They don't turn into lizard people. They turn into lizards. They make it to Warp 10 and it causes them to rapidly evolve. Humanity's future evolved form is a giant salamander. Then the Doctor figures out how to reverse evolution.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Threshold was probably the worst episode of the entire franchise until Dear Doctor happened.

It's amazing how an episode that so mangles the concept of evolution is also some of the best proof against the idea of God existing.

Threshold hits that entertainingly bad mark for me.

Trek's worst would be the bad and offensive episodes like Code of Honor, Tattoo, and Turnabout Intruder.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Threshold hits that entertainingly bad mark for me.

Trek's worst would be the bad and offensive episodes like Code of Honor, Tattoo, and Turnabout Intruder.

Oh God, I totally forgot about Tattoo!

The indigenous people of the Americas were genetically given a great respect for the land by white people from space.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It was Prometheus 15 years early.
We the writers of Star Trek Voyager respect the indigenous people of the Americas. And we show this by saying they were primitive people who had no understanding of anything more than stone weapons until they were touched by White People from Outer Space.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
One of the worst Voyager episodes for sure.

Edit: I forgot about Tattoo, that shit was terrible too. I always skip these episodes on rewatches.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
*reads the plot summary on the Star Trek wiki*

"Okay, sounds like a sci-fi story, alright."

*reads the ending*

"Well, that came out of nowhere."

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God, I totally forgot about Tattoo!

The indigenous people of the Americas were genetically given a great respect for the land by white people from space.
Tattoo is exactly the kind of episode you would expect from a series in where the only research they did on Native American culture was to ask the opinion of a white guy who pretended to be Native American for decades for attention.

Also why was Chakotay's dad 60 years older than him?

(This episode just re-aired a few weeks ago so it's very fresh on my mind)

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
I put this show on in the background sometimes and this episode came on recently. I remember thinking to myself wtf is happening lol

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Don't even get me started on Jamake Highwater aka Jackie Marks.

Edit - a total fraud, without a single drop of indigenous people DNA in his body.

He did so much harm by just regurgitating what white people think indigenous people believe.

And thus Chakotay becomes a stereotype instead of an actual representative member of indigenous tribes.

He believes in practices that have nothing to do with the region that his tribe comes from. And instead becomes a Native American stereotype, of a spiritual man who is teaching the white people what they need.

Last edited: