• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
A nurse at Ochsner Lafayette General has died from complications from COVID-19, according to social media posts from friends and co-workers.

Olivia Guidry, a registered nurse in the emergency department, died Saturday after battling the virus for days in the hospital's intensive care unit.

Friends, who had been pleading for prayers for the young woman, expressed grief as the news of her death spread Saturday afternoon.

Guidry graduated from LSU Alexandria with a nursing degree. She was taking pre-med courses at LSU Eunice and hoped to go to medical school.

Guidry was diagnosed with COVID in early July, according to a social media post from her sister, Brittany Smith. She spiked a high fever and had a seizure, Smith wrote. She was placed in a medically induced coma on Thursday.
Lafayette Parish and the state have a vaccination rate of about 36%, below the national vaccination rate of nearly 50%. In Lafayette Parish, there have been more than 24,000 positive COVID cases and 294 have died, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
www.theadvocate.com

Friends, colleagues grieve after young Lafayette ER nurse dies from COVID complications

A nurse at Ochsner Lafayette General has died from complications from COVID-19, according to social media posts from friends and co-workers.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
RIP, but it's also hard to have much sympathy either. How do you work in a medical profession and be anti-vaccine?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Imagine making it this far into the pandemic as an ER nurse only to end up dying because you fucked up the easiest part of it.

Dec 2, 2017
I just saw on a BBC fly on the wall documentary a cancer nurse who was refusing to get her vaccine because 'I read it has a really bad effect on the body' and the camera person or interviewer asked her where she read it and she said 'on my phone'.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Don't drink water, people, it manipulates your DNA at the tiniest molecular level.

RIP to someone who could've lived and had a happy life and been a productive member of society, except they were victim and party to the misinformation that had to be pushed because of... reasons?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I can only imagine the number of people she put at risk while being a fucking piece of shit

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
A 23 year old died? Miss me with this it doesn't kill young healthy people excuse I keep hearing. This was avoidable. Get vaccinated people

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
This has been making the rounds locally for a while now. People are so anti-vax in the state it's insane.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Awful.

Those pushing this nonsense (and by which I mean those who are producing it, disseminating it en mass, and hoping others fall for it) deserve to be punished for stuff like this.

Ive come across a fair bit on Twitter, and some of it is scarily well produced - and not necessarily easy to dismiss/debunk immediately unless you put some effort in - because it's designed not to be.

Lots of (dodgy) science and citations from 'doctors' and the like.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Just 23. What a waste of a death. She could be living and doing well so easily.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder if these people have a change of heart right at the end

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Literally dying and possibly endangering your pregnant sister/parents all because you read some shit on Facebook that made you think you are some kind of intellectual. Fucking dumb ass.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the clear politician continues to wreak havoc.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
And she wanted to be a doctor? I don't understand how you can have all this education then get duped into conspiracy theories.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
It baffles me there are antivax nurses. It doesn't make sense to me.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
How can someone with that much education be so fucking stupid? This is beyond sad.
Unfortunately a good education doesn´t mean a lot. I got two associates I met on holiday. Both were teachers but both of em are voting for the AfD in germany and have already denied three (3!) invites to get vaccinated.

On topic: That is devastating ... such a young live lost which could have most likely have been saved if she chosen the right decision to get vaccianted. On the 19. I finally get my second shot .... The people in america are realy priviledged to be able to get it if they chose too and don´t have to wait months. I have bad asthma and had to fight to get my first appointment.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Don't drink water, people, it manipulates your DNA at the tiniest molecular level.

RIP to someone who could've lived and had a happy life and been a productive member of society, except they were victim and party to the misinformation that had to be pushed because of... reasons?
The things the anti vaccination lot claim fall over at a seconds thought but they never even bother to try.

If gene editing was that simple we'd be living to 200+ by now because of it.

It's not just ignorance, it's failing to apply the moments thought to what they're saying, wrapped in a false belief that only they know "the truth".

Saddening to see people die due to this, but of course it took decades to convince people to wear seat belts and some still think they're too clever for that simple safety measure too.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A girl I grew up with is a pediatric nurse and she's been spouting the same conspiracy garbage about the vaccine rewriting your DNA, and refuses to get it, or wear a mask. For whatever reason this seems to be a pretty common thing among nurses.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
One thing I have learned during this ordeal is that even members of the medical profession are not immune from anti-scientific and conspiratorial thinking.