• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
apparently what people actually need is a minecraft special edition controller because a bunch of weirdos on here need to fucking touch grass

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This has to be targeted towards hardcore xbox fans. What human in his right mind would pay money to get an executive signature on a controller lmao.

These sold out ages ago and the signature stuff only came out a few days ago. So literally nobody bought the controller for the signature because they couldn't have known it would be there.

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is going to be a loooong generation for some people, lol. Must suck to not love games no matter where you play em.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
If people like it cool but personally that turns me off from getting the controller…
I just need to point out how funny this reads. It looks like you're saying you won't buy the controller because it has Phil's sig on the inside of a battery cover? Not because the design sucks. Not due to the colors. Just Phil's signature. Lmaoo!

If so, lol. I'm just messing around tho XD

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I'm actually surprised there is a 7 page thread about a small quote on the inside of a battery cover.

Its such a minor thing to get upset about. "Xbox eating crackers" moment for some posters here.

Mar 11, 2019
User Banned (5 days): platform warring, history of platform warring
I think this thread and the controller somewhat exemplifies what the problem is with xbox executives and their core fans. 1: lack of self critique / self-glorification. 2: Not understanding /accepting the opinion of another (or part of general gaming fans) even if they are valid.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mostly just surprised at the fact that it has replaceable batteries? Is that standard on Xbox controllers or is it specific to some models?

It looks so old school -- I haven't had to buy or replace a battery since the Xbox 360 and the Wii.

ResoRai

Nov 4, 2017
I know Phil has some fans with an unhealthy obsession with him, but this seems w/e.

Decent message, out of sight.

Some of ya'll minds quick to go to the most negative places, sheesh.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I have all 3 consoles and currently playing FH5 and SMT5 and I'm still going to tell you that's cringy. This guy is a corporate executive but Phil's not an idiot and he understands his hero worshiping which is why he put his autograph on it. I honestly don't think any other corporate executive of Sony or Nintendo would even do this but Jim Ryan and Bowser don't really have fandoms like Phil. It's all entirely cringy. Even his message is cringy bc he's a corporate executive lol Not everybody has to have an agenda for this thought process.

I doubt Ryan or Bowser would because they haven't built a brand, but you're kidding yourself if you think people wouldn't have gone apeshit to get a signed controller from Satoru Iwata (who was also a corporate executive for most of the years people knew him)

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I just need to point out how funny this reads. It looks like you're saying you won't buy the controller because it has Phil's sig on the inside of a battery cover? Not because the design sucks. Not due to the colors. Just Phil's signature. Lmaoo!

If so, lol. I'm just messing around tho XD
I actually do like the colours and a little acknowledgement of the anniversary. I don't like any quotes or messages on my devices. If Sony released a controller commemorating some anniversary and it said some slogan of theirs on the back I would have a similar reaction.

I don't understand what's wrong with my original post. If people like it that's great but it's not for me.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
I think this thread and the controller somewhat exemplifies what the problem is with xbox executives and their core fans. 1: lack of self critique / self-glorification. 2: Not understanding /accepting the opinion of another (or part of general gaming fans) even if they are valid.
Why are you acting like xbox fans are a group of troubled children lmao wtf

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly just surprised at the fact that it has replaceable batteries? Is that standard on Xbox controllers or is it specific to some models?

It looks so old school -- I haven't had to buy or replace a battery since the Xbox 360 and the Wii.
At first, I was the same way. Until I got my first xbawks controller on my PC. You can choose what batteries you want. Rechargeable or not. And it works in some ways better because some chargeable batteries come with a 2 pak (double AAs) and you can charge one while playing on another in the charging dock. It's very useful. But yea, out of the box, you are getting regular AAs haha

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people still use the "Bitch eating crackers" analogy in 2021

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm actually surprised there is a 7 page thread about a small quote on the inside of a battery cover.

Its such a minor thing to get upset about. "Xbox eating crackers" moment for some posters here.
You think Era *isn't* going to talk about executives inserting their signature unprompted onto a *collector's item*?

How do we know it wasn't someone on the design teams idea? 🤔
I very much doubt that. But who knows, maybe. I'm sure we'll never find out.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Lmao Xbox fans' idolization of Phil Spencer has really gotten to his head.

Has Sony and Nintendo done anything like this in the past with their executives?

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Well done to Phil for getting into a place of goodwill among fans where this could even be considered.

Imagine having your copy of Call Duty signed by Bobby Kotick.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Nah. It exemplifies the new sort of subtle platform warring that's become more prevalent now that the 'xbox has no games' mantra is outdated.

A pro-accessibility quote shouldn't be controversial on Resetera of all places. But it's a 7 page thread, with people coming up with wilder takes as we go on.

You think Era *isn't* going to talk about executives inserting their signature unprompted onto a *collector's item*?

Haven't seen any backlash anywhere else. And the vast majority of the folks complaining aren't buying the controllers. So...

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is closed while we handle a large amount of reports for some words on a battery cover.

staff post - no more platform warring

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
OK, we're not going to keep doing this. I think I can speak for everyone when I say I am tired of platform warriors going into silly threads and acting like fools.

It's a nice message about accessibility in gaming--a message to a community that has been generally underserved by publishers, developers, and console manufacturers--that's literally hidden on the inside of the battery cover of the controller. It's literally nothing to get riled up about.

Anyone coming in to do platform warring, no matter how subtle, after this point is going to get banned. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread myself and I have no interest in small bans at this point. This also goes for anyone thinking they can use the report system to keep their warring going.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
l3RxomN.png

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Don't care what anyone here says. It's a nice touch. Suit or not. Just like I thought it was a nice touch to get that card with a "thanks for purchasing a PS5" when I got my PS5 from Sony Direct last year.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I actually prefer having AA batteries since I always have eneloops charged and ready to go. Plus I never have to worry about the internal battery eventually dying.