• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
At least it's where you can't see it. I very much disliked having project scorpio on my Xbox one x, and controller.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
A nice idea, definitely. Would have preferred to see iconography from Xbox instead - think the Forza logo, Master Chief Helmet, Gears of War symbol, etc. all stamped in there instead. Ultimately Phil is going to leave his position one day and I think the games that made Xbox are a lot more important to show.

Great for fans of his all the same.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
User warned: platform warring
Creepy as fuck!

Comes off like he's into his own cult of personality. Shit is a controller. You're in a leadership position at Microsoft bro, not a movie star.

a1KD0A6_460s.jpg

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's neat. I don't see anything wrong with it. People like Phil, he knows it, might as well play to the audience.

Oct 27, 2017
Slow your roll ERA, put your caps back on your pitchforks. It's a special edition of the controller, lol it's not a big deal. If you don't like don't buy it. 😂

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Era's fixation, positive and negative, on Execs is fucking weird. That being said, this is real tacky. At least its out of view for 99.9% of the time.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope PS5 SSD's start coming with Mark Cerny's signature across them and a note saying,"You better thank me for this!"

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty silly but makes sense given the target market for this.

Slow your roll ERA, put your caps back on your pitchforks. It's a special edition of the controller, lol it's not a big deal. If you don't like don't buy it. 😂
Posts like this are honestly weirder to me than the ones calling it cringe?
Like, y'all are making a bigger deal about it than they are lol

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know exactly the people who are complaining. You know the ones who don't own an Xbox to begin with and were never going to buy the controller but feel the need to tell us NOW they definitely won't buy it. Fanboyism is sad. Exactly why we need the message inside the controller I guess is because of people like them.
No what's insane is you and the others running to the defence of everything xbox just because. This is a strange thing and I think it's a little weird. I'm still getting the 20th anniversary controller but that doesn't mean they can't make strange decisions.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think the average Xbox owner would rather have a controller signed by the controller designer who they don't know or by Phil Spencer?

The average Xbox owner probably know's Phil Spencer as well as the average PS owner know's Jim Ryan AKA not at all. Unless you're a Miyamoto level of icon the average person doesn't know shit about the people in charge and probably doesn't care to in my experience.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
You know exactly the people who are complaining. You know the ones who don't own an Xbox to begin with and were never going to buy the controller but feel the need to tell us NOW they definitely won't buy it. Fanboyism is sad. Exactly why we need the message inside the controller I guess is because of people like them.
This.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
It's for Xbox fans, he's turned things around so naturally they're fans of his.
It really is this simple. That and the fact that again, it's simpy an easter egg inside of a battery pack. If anyone was genuinely going to buy the controller and now all of a sudden isn't, I'd love to hear from them.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this thread is hilarious

good job everybody
People with zero interest in Xbox and who will not be part of the celebration are lamenting something they're not impacted by or are pressured to buy.

Xbox today is based on Phil's vision, it's open to all, makes sense as the visionary of that people would want to celebrate Xboxs 20th birthday with him involved in some form.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
When you have to actively seek out issues, you end up mad at the inside of a controller's battery pack lol
This lol.

This is the most harmless thing ever, and if it weren't for Phil and Satya who knows if we'd even be having a 20th anniversary. This controller is for Xbox fans. Phil, whether you like it or not, means a lot to them. Even in the past year, I've heard so many narratives that were pushed by more PS-centric people just die out and it's good to see healthy competition. Being mad about this is even weirder than the actual thing.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
The average Xbox owner probably know's Phil Spencer as well as the average PS owner know's Jim Ryan. Unless you're a Miyamoto level of icon the average person doesn't know shit about the people in charge and probably doesn't care to in my experience.
These aren't really for average Xbox owners tbf. They're special edition controllers targeted at fans of the brand.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I like it. It's a nice detail.
It'd be better if it had other people's as well, but I don't see a problem with it.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
It's a positive message. It's pro-gaming, not pro-MS in the slightest

What the hell is wrong with you ppl

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Nope I like Xbox alot but this is tacky and won't age well.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
They should have included the Master Chief helmet they have printed in the past few Xbox consoles.

I like Phil Spencer - I think he's done a great job for Xbox. But an autograph from an Executive at the world's largest company is just....kinda odd.

A game designer or writer? Totally fine. Not a huge deal, especially considering who will be buying this. But it's definitely a little funky to me.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I mean yeah I do find this cringe but I am yet to find an Xbox fan that doesn't love Phil and everything he's done for Xbox. This controller is for mega fans of the Xbox brand and Phil is a central part of that.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These aren't really for average Xbox owners tbf. They're special edition controllers targeted at fans of the brand.

And the person I was quoting was speaking about your average Xbox fan who like the average fan of most anything be they movies, TV shows or what not probably aren't super aware of the suits behind the thing they enjoy. Most DC movie fans aren't aware of who Walter Hamada is for example, unlike the super hardcore people who follow every tidbit of news.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Xbox doing great and righting all their missteps this gen seems to really upset people. Like they trying so hard to find something to complain about.🤣
Well tbh idolising pure businessmen can be seen as pretty funny even outside the circles of people who are "upset about Xbox doing great and righting all their missteps". I guess some weirdos like you describe do exist, but people in general just might not care this much.

While the message is kinda nice I agree that it's a very tacky idea, but at the same time it's also completely harmless.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
A bit egocentric. He's the main head of Xbox, but he isn't Xbox himself, only an exec at the end. I like Xbox, but I always have feel that I shouldn believe Phill at all. So many words and few facts imo.