• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What 2022 SE game are you most looking forward to?

• Babylon's Fall

Votes: 22 2.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 290 38.5%
  • FF Origin: Stranger of Paradise

Votes: 187 24.8%
  • Chrono Cross: Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 178 23.6%
  • Forespoken

Votes: 247 32.8%
  • Star Ocean: The Divine Force

Votes: 76 10.1%
  • Other (state in comments)

Votes: 154 20.4%

• Total voters

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Forspoken is the only one and I'm not even that excited for it.

Unless FFXVI comes out this year. Then that, because I'm hyped as fuck for it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Stranger of Paradise, honestly. I'm not super hyped for remasters of old games and Forspoken looks achingly boring.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Forespoken probably with Strangers of Paradise a close second. Very cautiously optimistic about Forespoken. I think a lot about it doesn't look too hot, but I think if they nail that combat and movement it will be one of my favorite games of the year. I actually have more confidence in Strangers of Paradise being a good game (with a terrible story) but I'm not big on Souls-likes so that brings it down a notch for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Chrono Cross and Live A Live from the ones with set release date, but overall it has to be either Dragon Quest 10 or Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D. If any of them make it outside Japan in 2022.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Everything but Forespoken and Babylon's Fall as of rn. Just not interested in those two hopefully at least Forespoken looks more interesting by the more trailers drop

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
looking forward to all but Babylon's Fall but probably Forspoken the most... unless FF16 magically comes out this year.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Live A Live looks aces so that. I wouldn't mind having a reason to revisit Chrono Cross again, Dragon Quest III too whenever it appears.

Last edited:

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Only Forspoken if it reviews well.

I fully expect FFXVI will be out this year and that is my most anticipated game.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not sure I have any particular hype or expectations for their games slated for release this year, but that may change once these games are closer to release and reviews and impressions come out. I hope Forspoken is a good game, but have no idea if that will be the case or not.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
As a Nioh fan, my most antecipated Square game is Stranger in Paradise.

I'm hoping FFXVI releases this year though, it would easily take the crown.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Star Ocean 6
DQ3 Remake (maybe 2022?)
DQ Dai (maybe 2022?)
New DQ Monsters (never ever ;.;)

Those are the ones I'm interested in. Heck I'm not even terribly interested in the DQ3 remake, it looks pretty not great after all. Making it just SO6 for real deal confirmed 2022 games.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
I don't see the problems with Forespoken that other people have and I LOVED FF15 despite not really being into that series before (platinumed it) so definitely Forespoken.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Untio yesterday I didn't know Front Mission was composed by Shimomura. Now I'm eager to play it just for the music.
Still, Live A Live comes first. Stranger of Paradise and Forspoken looo dope as well. And Chrono Cross is an instant buy. They also have something Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XVI to be shown/released this year, so it's a busy year for them for sure.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Most of their output to be honest. Triangle Strategy, Chrono Cross, Front Mission, Chocobo GP, Live A Live, Star Ocean 6, Forspoken…and I'm hoping the Dragon Quest III HD-2D remake lands this year, maybe even FFXVI as well.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Star Ocean 6 tbh.

Forspoken intrigues me but I'm still unsure about it... and my initial impression of Stranger of Paradise was that it feels like the exact opposite of anything I've ever wanted from FF so I'm not in a hurry to try it lol.

Save me FFXVI.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Live a live.

Would have said CC no hesitation if they had added Magus.

And ff16 of course.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Live a Live and Stranger of Paradise

Curious about Star Ocean since it gives me Xenoblade X vibes, hopefully they can polish the game tho

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I still have doubts ff16 makes this year, but probably that. I went with Live A Live because holy shit, I've been wanting to play it forever. And Chrono Cross because holy shit, Radical Dreamers.

Noumena

Jan 20, 2019
None. It would have been Stranger of Paradise but its EGS exclusive. Will wait for it to release on Steam in 2023.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to Live A Live, it looks great. Other than that, not much. I've never really enjoyed Square's portfolio that much.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Looking forward to Star Ocean 6. The concept of the worlds and medieval towns looks amazing. Can't wait.

My most anticipated thing is seeing more on FFXVI! And also seeing that final fantasy 9 remake as well as tactics.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm that schmuck who kind of only cares about the bigger budget "AAA" games. Hopefully XVI comes out this year. I'm anxiously waiting for more news to drop. And I'm pretty curious about this Kingdom Hearts event in April. I recently went on a KH news and rumor spiral on YouTube and (probably mistakenly) hyped myself up for some kind of big announcement.

Other than that, Forspoken looks like something I can see myself spending time with later down the line.

speiky

"This guy are sick" says the Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Not a single one. Cautiously (very) optimistic about XVI though.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
If y'all never played Live-A-Live you are in for a real fucking treat. It's Tokita's best work not named Chrono Trigger.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Front Mission is pretty much the only one I am looking forward to. The rest kind of look mediocre.

Really wish FFVIIR P2 was here. Or at least we got more info on FFXVI.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit interested in all of them, but mostly to relive the golden days of mediocre-but-cool JP releases.

Forspoken looks the most fresh, Strange or Paradise looks the most solid, and Babylon's Fall is the big mystery game. I can't get a good grasp of what it's going for, but it's Platinum.