• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
  1. NVIDIA
  2. HubSpot
  3. Bain & Company
  4. eXp Realty
  5. Box
  6. Boston Consulting Group
  7. Google
  8. Veterans United Home Loans
  9. lululemon
  10. Salesforce
www.glassdoor.com

Glassdoor's Best Places to Work List Revealed | Glassdoor Blog

Glassdoor has revealed its 2022 list for the Best Places to Work! See this year's top 10 lists for large and small US companies, and browse open jobs.

Glassdoor's 100 Best Places to Work in 2022 list features winning employers across a range of industries, including technology, health care, real estate, retail, travel and tourism, consulting, finance, and more. Notably, many technology companies made our '22 list thanks in part to their flexible work environments, consistent support throughout the pandemic, and a focus on better pay, benefits, and work-life balance. Five of the top 10 companies made our top 10 list two years in a row, including NVIDIA, HubSpot, Bain & Company, Google, and lululemon.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My company was in the Top 20 a couple years ago, and I can attest that these Glassdoor things are a little borderline gamed/massaged. There was a giant internal campaign that year that sent out emails to employees to please honestly make a Glassdoor review - which on one hand is a good thing because upper management is pretty confident that employees won't turn around and start deriding the company instead. The company does do relatively very well in qualities such as diversity, inclusion, culture, compensation, job approval, that sort of thing.

The offices are (were?) very nice and well stocked with free food and all the trappings you'd expect from a company trying to take a page out of silicon valley in providing for employees. Of course, it's 2022 and I'm fully remote now and most folks don't see these benefits and the company is now starting to actually sell its office space back, but the office was a pleasant place to be compared to all the other places I've worked.

And most employees (at least most employees that aren't in the most entry level position, which deals with the most stress and client interactions) are pretty happy with the company.

But 90% of the reason we were on that list was the very clear intention from the top to get in those Glassdoor reviews. It was against the rules to say "please make a good review", but the implication was there. I imagine that sort of campaign is there for most of these companies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The HubSpot office is crazy nice but my understanding at the time was that you're basically living there

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I used to work for Google. The perks were nice: free food, flexible hours, etc. But I was working on Google Plus, which nobody cared about except the higher ups at Google. And I just found it very demoralizing working on a project that was so... pointless.

Or at least that was my thought process. Turns out I was just severely depressed: after moving to Microsoft and working on an awesome project (Visual Studio) I still wasn't happy, and haven't been happy since.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
I used to work at Google. Job was pretty good but I had been there so long that the stuff I was working on was no longer interesting. Took a few years off work and now working at a smaller start up.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I interviewed for Box many years ago. Seemed disorganized as fuck but that's usually par for the course at a lot of tech companies. I think that may have been a new office so maybe that was just part of my impression.

Oct 29, 2017
I work for salesforce. Have for about six months as a senior technical consultant (dev). It's been pretty good so far. Fully remote. Still a tech company though.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that Salesforce is on there. I don't have an opinion either way, but everyone I know professionally HATES them.

Mar 21, 2018
I have heard nothing but good things from people that have worked at Salesforce. Now Salesforce customers, that's a different story, lol.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Surprised that Salesforce is on there. I don't have an opinion either way, but everyone I know professionally HATES them.

My department doesn't use it by others at my job do and they've explained it to me multiple times and I still don't understand how it's different than just a notebook. Or Google Sheets but not for free. It just seems like a way for middle management to spy on people who actually have stuff to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia employer satisfaction should be controlled against the fact that employees are probably able to get their hands on 30 series cards :p

Oct 27, 2017
We had a target customer goal the team had to reach and we reached it. The contract was ended because we surpassed our goals and a few months sooner than they thought. So 57 odd people were let go.
That sucks, obviously there's more to the story but surely this is something to be rewarded. Couldn't Google reassign those 57 people to different teams instead of just letting you all go?

Apr 24, 2018
Some of these companies I'd love to find an accounting job for.
Can't speak for accounting, but I've struck out several times for financial analyst type roles at some of these places - the few internal recruiters that I got to talk to told me to apply after getting an MBA. I do work at a much larger employer now, though, which hopefully gets me some more cachet if B-School doesn't pan out.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
That sucks, obviously there's more to the story but surely this is something to be rewarded. Couldn't Google reassign those 57 people to different teams instead of just letting you all go?
Not for contact work. For contract work they would need to be another project that needed contractors that just so happened to start as that project was ending.

I would expect the contract to be paid in full if they project finished before the contract terms ended. I don't know the details of this particular situation.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I take these lists as a grain of salt. My company used to be on the list and would make a huge fucking deal about everyone filling out the survey and how great the company was.

After the growth phase tapered, we're not on the list. But the company is much better to work at. Pay and benefits are increasing. I have like double the vacation days per year. I'm getting underpaid by 10% instead of 25% (pay is increasing so fast in Austin that even at market rate you can be behind 10% the next year).

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
I take these lists as a grain of salt. My company used to be on the list and would make a huge fucking deal about everyone filling out the survey and how great the company was.

After the growth phase tapered, we're not on the list. But the company is much better to work at. Pay and benefits are increasing. I have like double the vacation days per year. I'm getting underpaid by 10% instead of 25% (pay is increasing so fast in Austin that even at market rate you can be behind 10% the next year).

Tell me about it. I just got hired a year ago and I am already behind the curve.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

I was offered nothing but another few weeks work with Nokia and JBL to stay on my feet a bit longer. They got me a phone, a bunch of goodies, a bonus on my paycheque and my accrued holiday leave. That is all. I can tell you the exclusive Google bag, mug, towel and frisbee was not worth losing 8 months of work. It all makes no sense that we reached targets and goals early, so why not just add more?

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
My company is in the top quarter, and that's about right. They're not perfect but they legitimately seem like they're always trying to improve things.

nacimento

Oct 27, 2017
Funny that BCG and Bain are on there. Compensation & co. are certainly great, but you get worked to the bone there.