• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
50759972841_fee1d93936_o.png

Cyberpunk header coutesy of nattydread
See the
2020 thread here

iFVryr.jpg

Limits: 3 screenshots per post.
Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts.
Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
Compression: Don't OVERLY compress your screens or use a host that compresses them. High quality JPGs are allowed. PNGs preferred.
Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
Watermarks: Imo you don't need them here, but I won't stop you.

iFVge7.jpg

Lensdump: Easy to use and doesn't compress. Has albums for organization. Unlimited permanent image storage
Flickr: Up to 1000 images on a free account (as of January 8th, 2019). Great organization with albums, galleries, etc. Tons of groups and communities.
Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.

(Feel free to suggest some other alternatives, as I'm not sure how up-do-date this list is)

iFVZJb.jpg

In-game photo\Camera tools

Framed Screenshot Community Website
Started in 2019, this website is an ongoing effort to catalog all methods of achieving complete screenshot freedom in all the games!
Framed also has a Discord community where we share screenshots, photography, chat about PC screenshotting and... just about everything else too. We're a fun bunch. Ping me if you'd like an invite.

Unreal Engine Unlocker
Also on the Framed site, but deserves a special mention. This tool not only unlocks the console in MOST Unreal Engine 4 games, but also has built-in camera functionality, timestop, and a HUD toggle. This one tool adds photomode functionality to more games than any other single tool in existence, including Ansel.

Otis_Inf camera tools: Camera tools for a wide variety of games that features a custom, easy to use interface.
IDK31 camera tools: A collection of cheat engine tables featuring scripts for camera control, unlocked aspect ratio, custom FOV and HUD toggles.
SRWE: The hotsampling tool. It doesn't work for all games, but when it does, you have the easiest method possible to achieve high resolution screenshots and/or swapping to different aspect ratios with just a few clicks.

Screen capture \ image resizing

FastStone: It's free and easy to use. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to PNG\JPG.
Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
Steam: If you're using Steam to capture, be sure to check the option to save lossless screens and choose your output folder. Upload these to Steam (if it's still possible) or another host.

Happy screenshotting!

Last edited:

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Control, 1440p DLSS Quality, everything maxed out including Ray tracing.

img_20210102_030018_9r7jkp.png

The game looks pretty good all around, but it has the worst Depth of Field I've seen in a game in years. The effect straight up brakes if the bokeh shapes get too big, you can literally count the samples used and the filtering just gives up. It flickers like crazy in cutscenes and the dof controls in photo mode just make no sense at all, I wonder what there they thinking when they made them because cameras don't work that way at all and I just can't get it to look the way I want it to (including in this screenshot...)

Also, this is kinda subjective, but you can have all the shapes in the world, including perfect circles, and you choose hexagons for the bokeh? Come on :/

The lightning, especially with Ray tracing on, just literally melts your eyes though.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077
1440P DLSS Quality - No RT - Mix of Medium to Ultra settings - Gameplay shots

photomode-29122020-020613.png

photomode-27122020-170204.png

photomode-29122020-022621.png

Even without max settings, native 4K and RT, this game can look so unbelievably good. Some areas or scnearios are a bit inconsistent in its look and some of the glitches or lifeless NPC behaviour can break the immersion every now and then. But when it's at its best, the game is just a sight to behold on PC.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Mosaic (Apple Arcade on MacBook Air, I hope that counts as PC screenshot :p)

qAUUPQS.png

UOwoSHE.png

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
As a dabbler photographer this has piqued my interest - specifically the camera tools thingy.

Tried searching for it but couldn't make heads or tails about locating the actual executable. Github just had some settings?

Is there a tutorial to get started with this?

PS. Photomode in a game is my main time sink

Status
Not open for further replies.