• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Man I missed out on the GoTG DX Edition. I hope it restocks so I can return the regular version. I might be coming to an end on buying games. But right when I say that, a new deal comes along that tempts me.😆 Price errors are the big ones where it's usually a win.

I'm trying to look for external HDs, PCs, and other stuff I may need. Then there's Cyber Monday for deals.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the GOTG PS4 Deluxe edition in case I'm such a big fan of the game that I want a steelbook for it lol

Neobunch

Nov 21, 2017
Anyone in the know, will Vanguard get any kind of discount on the PSN store? I'm not in the US so even though I know there are some crazy local sales for the game, I sadly can't make use of them

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I Expect You To Die 2 is deal of the day on Oculus. 17.99. Considering how rare deals are there I gladly bought it

Psykoboy2

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
You are a terrible person. Shopping on Thanksgiving. It's bad enough people have to work on a holiday
I've never understood this view. Worked at a movie theater for a good while when I was young and no one was advocating for us to stay home so they couldn't see whatever movie was playing at the time. No one is doing it now either it seems.

Anyway, grabbed guardians from Walmart. Gonna take the Best Buy one back.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Bizzarely, I'm of the exact opposite opinion. This year has solidified for me that unless you absolutely need to jump into a game earlier in the year, there is no reason not to wait til black friday time to buy it.

I keep telling myself this each time Black Friday rolls around, but then a couple of months into the year I'm back to buying up titles during the year. Hard habit to break :(.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I keep telling myself this each time Black Friday rolls around, but then a couple of months into the year I'm back to buying up titles during the year. Hard habit to break :(.
Same here. I'm getting better a bit each and every year ha. Mostly only getting multiplayer games that I want to not fall too far behind in, and any limited run games (or niche games that are unlikely to even make it in print to Black Friday).

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's due to the fact the price errors are corrected very quickly, and the orders will get cancelled 50% of the times.

That's par for the course though. For them to say there haven't been any though is just wrong and a lot of people have capitalized on them.

I can more understand being disappointed in the deal offerings, but even then there have been some crazy deals like being able to get Deathloop for $16.66 and GameStop selling Nintendo first party games for $26.99.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody on the east coast able to speak to the stock of series X at GameStop? I am on west coast and tempted to head over.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
This BF has felt weird AF feels like game prices have been slashed to ridiculous levels everywhere. Because of game sharing i've held of on some otherwise fantastic pickups.

It might be that it has gone on for almost a week where before it was really just a 2-3 day (cyber monday included) event.

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
Oh well the B2G1 at Gamestop got me the $27 price level for the first party Nintendo games albeit pre-owned. Hope they have cases but whatever if not.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Is Resident Evil Village better on PS5 or XSX? Having trouble deciding

This was the summary in the Digital Foundry thread:

- In Non RT mode. Both PS5 and SX consoles deliver 99.9% locked 60 FPS experience. DF did not encounter a single frame rate drop in their testing.
- RT mode on SX and PS5 retains the same visual quality.
- Both consoles do a good job retaining 60 FPS in most areas. However some sequences can push both consoles hard to the high 40's or low 50's.
- Series X generally has a couple of frames advantage in stress areas. 7 to 10%.
- With a VRR display, these drops are negligible to the human eye.
- Xbox SX|SS have an approx 8 second load when loading a save, PS5 has 1.5~ second load in same scenarios.
- DF comments on the controller feature usage on both the DS and Xbox Pad. Rumble triggers etc are used.

Sounds like they're mostly the same with some slight performance advantages on the Series X version and slower loading when loading a save.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I Expect You To Die 2 is deal of the day on Oculus. 17.99. Considering how rare deals are there I gladly bought it

I picked it up too. It is my first actual purchase after picking up Oculus on Monday. I'm pretty sure I read or saw somewhere (maybe here) that Oculus has said they are having a Black Friday sale tomorrow so I've just been playing demos/free stuff and waiting to see what is on sale. However, I figured it was safe to bite on this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.