• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
HBO set to have a big October

Succession-season-3-key-art.jpg

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Pay raises for everyone and Warner is still negotiating with Apple about them buying exclusivity for the show or it possibly airing on one of its networks some time after S3.

Apple, sources say, is interested in keeping Ted Lasso exclusively and possibly buying out the linear rights that could see the studio air repeats of the "football is life" favorite on linear networks like TNT, TBS and The CW. Sources say the current deal allows Warners to air the comedy within a few years after the conclusion of season three.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The question at the end of the article makes a good point: what is the value of linear rights for a 34-episode show? Especially one that seems to be getting more serialized.

it's not like they can re-air TL like it's Friends or Becker, but I guess for WB, just the threat of keeping TL on other networks is potent enough.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The question at the end of the article makes a good point: what is the value of linear rights for a 34-episode show? Especially one that seems to be getting more serialized.

it's not like they can re-air TL like it's Friends or Becker, but I guess for WB, just the threat of keeping TL on other networks is potent enough.
Yeah, I think they're just trying to drive the buyout price higher.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, the old era of original, non-IP shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Tell me about it - GREAT cast, good writing.
I mentioned it to my wife and she said we knew that it had happened but I guess I had totally forgot or blocked it from memory, lol. We love Walton in general but as you say the cast as a whole was great and I thought their chemistry was as good as any I'd seen on a show in a very long time. The kids were all excellent too which can sometimes be a crap shoot.. I think I'm mostly just bummed because there was nothing resembling closure which is always a shame.

As a sidebar, if you didn't see Kenan, that is another show that has a really fantastic chemistry amongst the cast and I'd highly recommend it. Quite happy it got renewed for a second season.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
lol

This is like how literally only means figuratively now.

nothing in that dude's tweet makes much sense lol

what was the blockbuster era besides TWD and GoT? Like, what else really qualifies? Does two shows make an era 🤔

And like how are the Marvel, Star Wars, etc shows also not considered blockbusters? Why is GoT listed as both a blockbuster and an IP?

I mean, I think I know what he's getting at with the IP era stuff, and that's an interesting discussion, but why did he frame it like that smh

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

what was the blockbuster era besides TWD and GoT? Like, what else really qualifies? Does two shows make an era 🤔

And like how are the Marvel, Star Wars, etc shows also not considered blockbusters? Why is GoT listed as both a blockbuster and an IP?

I mean, I think I know what he's getting at with the IP era stuff, and that's an interesting discussion, but why did he frame it like that smh
I assume he wanted to show trends or something. lol

But like the 70s/80s would have been the true Blockbuster era when you consider like 100 million people watched the MASH finale and that will never, ever be topped in the history of TV again unless Netflix gets into the live TV game and one of their shows becomes globally popular.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I assume he wanted to show trends or something. lol

But like the 70s/80s would have been the true Blockbuster era when you consider like 100 million people watched the MASH finale and that will never, ever be topped in the history of TV again unless Netflix gets into the live TV game and one of their shows becomes globally popular.

True! All the more impressive that those 100 million watched simultaneously - Game of Thrones was big but its audience was also spread out over the course of several weeks/a month

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

loooool

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
True! All the more impressive that those 100 million watched simultaneously - Game of Thrones was big but its audience was also spread out over the course of several weeks/a month
Admittedly you only had like 5 channels to choose from so it was much easier, but yeah. lol

I think the equivalent nowadays would be 20-30 million on linear during premier night?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly you only had like 5 channels to choose from so it was much easier, but yeah. lol

I think the equivalent nowadays would be 20-30 million on linear during premier night?

I mean, you still have the Super Bowl pulling in 100+ million and other sport things that do huge live numbers but for scripted it would take a lot

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you still have the Super Bowl pulling in 100+ million and other sport things that do huge live numbers but for scripted it would take a lot
ngl, I always assume that those numbers are made up because no other sportsball thing seems to come close to those numbers. But maybe I'm under estimating American obsession with the pigskin. lol

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
ngl, I always assume that those numbers are made up because no other sportsball thing seems to come close to those numbers. But maybe I'm under estimating American obsession with the pigskin. lol
It's crazy the amount of people who will tune in just to watch the commercials and halftime show.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
You know I've been pro-this redo of Fresh Prince but seeing the list of characters laid out like this and the first thought I had was "Good luck new-Uncle Phil." And then I kind of realized it is really "Good luck, new-everybody."

Win, lose, or draw we'll at least have some eye candy.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Netflix Orders ‘Grendel’ Series Based On Dark Horse Comic With Abubakr Ali To Star, 8 More Cast

Abubakr Ali will star in Netflix's Grendel, a series based on the masked vigilante from Matt Wagner's Dark Horse comic book series.
Netflix has given an eight-episode series order to Grendel, a series based on the masked vigilante from Matt Wagner's popular, award-winning Dark Horse comic book series, with Abubakr Ali (Power Book II: Ghost, Katy Keene) set to star in the titular role. Ali will be the is the first Arab Muslim male actor to portray a series lead in a comic book adaptation. The series, written and executive produced by Resident Eviland Supernatural alum Andrew Dabb, comes out of Netflix's first look deal with Dark Horse Entertainment.

Grendel, which sees Dabb also serve as showrunner, follows Hunter Rose (Ali), a gifted fencer, writer and assassin, seeking to avenge the death of a lost love. He goes to war with New York's criminal underworld, only to realize…why beat them, when you can join them?

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
On the hand it's cool that we'll be getting a Grendel show but I'm pretty sure this won't be allowed to grow the way the comics did and this'll probably just stay the Hunter Rose story, which isn't the worst idea but is will still be a letdown if so.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
did they recast a bunch of the kids, did they just grow up fast, or do I just not remember season 1 at all (and I even liked it) >_>

There were 2 recasts when the show moved from Hulu to Netflix (was originally cast for Hulu, never filmed), but the actors for season 2 on Netflix are the same.

Looking forward to this, really enjoyed season 1.

Also, hope this website is ok, but season 3 also wrapped last month.

bleedingcool.com

Locke & Key: Darby Stanchfield Confirms Season 3 Has Wrapped Filming

Locke & Key star Darby Stanchfield took to Instagram to confirm that Season 3 has wrapped filming with some great looks behind the scenes.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Malachi Kirby Playing Leading 2 Roles In Amazon’s Neil Gaiman Adaptation ‘Anansi Boys’; Streamer Also Greenlights KSI Doc From Louis Theroux

Kirby to lead Neil Gaiman adaptation. Amazon also greenlights a KSI documentary from Louis Theroux.

Malachi Kirby (Small Axe) has been set to play the dual leading roles of brothers Charles Nancy and Spider in Amazon Prime Video's adaptation of Neil Gaiman's bestselling novel Anansi Boys.

The six-part show will begin filming in Scotland later this year. Delroy Lindo is also in the cast as Mr Nancy. Gaiman and Lenny Henry will write for the series. Hanelle M.Culpepper will direct the pilot. Gaiman and Douglas Mackinnon will serve as co-showrunners.

————
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Helen Wan’s Novel ‘Partner Track’ Gets Netflix Series Order Starring Arden Cho

Georgia Lee and Sarah Goldfinger will co-showrun the series about an Asian American woman trying to break the glass ceiling at an elite law firm.
Author Helen Wan's novel Partner Track is becoming a Netflix legal drama.

The series will star Arden Cho (Chicago Med) as Ingrid Yun, "an idealistic young lawyer, [who] struggles with her moral compass and her passions as she fights to climb the partner track at an elite New York City law firm. Ingrid is idealistic, whip-smart, fierce, kind and eager to be the first Asian American junior partner at Parsons Valentine, an elite white-shoe law firm in Manhattan. As Ingrid bargains and fights her way through these male power structures, she wrestles with what it means to be true to herself."

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Yea I remember the first 2 seasons being good. Was one of the first things I saw Mahershala Ali in. He was decent in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.