• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
KIIXuqR.png

What's this thread and why should I care?
This thread is home to ratings, cancellation news, news about pilots/shows being developed, and general industry news.

63n2Kf6.png

So yeah, the pandemic happened last year and it hurt things...for a bit, Things got crippled and places were forced to isolate. Shows hosted without crowds, sports capped capacity. Whatever the hell Connecting was. Things were at a standstill until shows slowly started running and then the vaccines rolled out and things slowly got back to normal...that was the plan, until the minority of people whined and now things are still tricky, granted, places are now mandating vaccines to be in shows or audiences (masked thanks to the Delta). Things are slowly getting back to normal...slowly. Oh right, and Dick Wolf regained all the TV Infinity Stones and is slowly reclaiming the throne, reality shows are back, a looming strike again from the IATSE, we have another animation boom and oh right...

rsMTAoQ.png

Last year, all the streaming services were launched thanks to the BIG BANG OF STREAMING when in 1996, Reed Hastings forgot to give Blockbuster Video a copy of Apollo 13 back. Since then, it's been insanity. Quibi lasted Quibi and Roku feasted its remains, ATT chickened out of the streaming game and is in the progress of giving Discovery Inc. the Warner Media stuff so Discovery+ and HBO Max could merge. Disney+ quickly became #2 after MARVEL TIME, Paramount+ has gone off without a hitch, Peacock is there and WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THESE? Star (for the lucky jerks outside the US) merged with Disney+ but Hulu is still stuck with Comcast for the time being, Fox now has Tubi, PlutoTV is in the background with endless reruns of Bar Rescue and CSI, Amazon Prime will soon be home to most premium NFL content and pointless Chris Pratt ventures. Netflix will soon cancel a show they just greenlit while burning money to give to Mark Millar. Oh and AppleTV+ is the Aston Villa/Atlanta Falcons of the streaming services.

bqBAyAw.png

Oh boy, thanks COVID, lots of shows fell. (Song to play in the back as you read the names)
L.A.'s Finest
Coop & Cami Ask the World
Kasie DC
Utopia
The 100
Room 104
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts
Grand Army
Helstrom
Lovecraft Country
Connecting
Supernatural
The Pack
The Right Stuff
Tosh.0
Filthy Rich
ThunderCats Roar
Mr. Iglesias
The Big Show Show
The Expanding Universe of Ashley Garcia
Next
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Lazor Wulf
Carmen Sandiego
Bonding
The Crew
Big Hero 6: The Series
For Life
Punky Brewster
DuckTales
The Unicorn
Country Comfort
American Gods
Superstore
American Housewife
Wynonna Earp
Shameless
Dad Stop Embarrassing Me!
Infinity Train
MacGyver
Shrill
Jupiter's Legacy
Mom
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist
Prodigal Son
Mixed-ish
Call Your Mother
Last Man Standing
NCIS: New Orleans
All Rise
Debris
Black Lightning
The Kominsky Method
Panic
June 3
Everything's Gonna Be Okay
Pose
Queen of the South
Younger
Rebel
Final Space
Bless the Harts
The Moodys
Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Conan
Bosch
Van Helsing
The Bold Type
Atypical
Mr Inbetween
Betty
Good Girls
The Republic of Sarah​

xZjuGAH.png

berzeli being the Godfather
G_Shumi for the daily ratings
RatskyWatsky

Disney + OT
Peacock OT
HBO MAX OT
Paramount+ OT

And thanks to the Delta and whatever looms such as Murder Hornets, domestic conspiracy theorists, killer capybaras, another Dick Wolf spinoff, ResetERA+
I say this.

DoesntRepresentMe.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Posted this early because going to the ASU game tonight and going to a funeral after the Eagles game so I just said fuck it.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Do you feel it declined in quality? I haven't seen a single episode but was thinking about making it the next thing that I binge watch since I just completed a a binge this week in preparation for next month.

I do feel like S2 was a step down for sure but I'm definitely in the minority on that. To be more specific, I just think the overall premise/set up is extremely limited and that it ran out of stream faster than most shows.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel like S2 was a step down for sure but I'm definitely in the minority on that. To be more specific, I just think the overall premise/set up is extremely limited and that it ran out of stream faster than most shows.
Ah, okay, I get what you mean. Definitely feel like there are a few shows that do things like that and just trudge along and lose quality

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
HBO's Scenes From a Marriage reboot debuts tomorrow btw. It's getting mixed reviews.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Scenes from a marriage sounds pretty slog-y.

Thanks for the excellent OT mreddie and looking forward to another season of TV fun with you all. Glad we've got some real new network series coming soon. Curious about Ordinary Joe in particular.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Here's the new weekly Netflix list for the new thread!

netflix-todays-top-10.jpg

This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 12, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-09-12/

1.LuciferSeasons 1-6United StatesNEW
2.Money HeistParts 1-5Spain↓ 1
3.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1United States↑ 2
4.ClickbaitLimited SeriesUnited States↓ 2
5.Good GirlsSeasons 1-4United States↓ 1
6.Into the NightSeasons 1-2BelgiumNEW
7.SharkdogSeason 1United States↑ 2
8.Hometown Cha-Cha-ChaSeason 1South KoreaNEW
9.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States↓ 3
10.The 100Seasons 1-7United States↓ 3

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 12, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-09-12/

1.LuciferSeasons 1-6NEW
2.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1↑ 1
3.ClickbaitLimited Series↓ 2
4.CocomelonSeasons 1-3↑ 1
5.SharkdogSeason 1↑ 1
6.The Circle: A Social Media CompetitionSeasons 1-3NEW
7.Money HeistParts 1-5↓ 5
8.On the VergeSeason 1NEW
9.ManifestSeasons 1-3↓ 5
10.Pokémon Master Journeys: The SeriesPart 1NEW

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Amazing new thread!

Here's the new weekly Netflix list for the new thread!

netflix-todays-top-10.jpg

This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 12, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-09-12/

1.LuciferSeasons 1-6United StatesNEW
2.Money HeistParts 1-5Spain↓ 1
3.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1United States↑ 2
4.ClickbaitLimited SeriesUnited States↓ 2
5.Good GirlsSeasons 1-4United States↓ 1
6.Into the NightSeasons 1-2BelgiumNEW
7.SharkdogSeason 1United States↑ 2
8.Hometown Cha-Cha-ChaSeason 1South KoreaNEW
9.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States↓ 3
10.The 100Seasons 1-7United States↓ 3

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 12, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-09-12/

1.LuciferSeasons 1-6NEW
2.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1↑ 1
3.ClickbaitLimited Series↓ 2
4.CocomelonSeasons 1-3↑ 1
5.SharkdogSeason 1↑ 1
6.The Circle: A Social Media CompetitionSeasons 1-3NEW
7.Money HeistParts 1-5↓ 5
8.On the VergeSeason 1NEW
9.ManifestSeasons 1-3↓ 5
10.Pokémon Master Journeys: The SeriesPart 1NEW

I love that you're posting these. Great info.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Lucifer S6 release putting it at the top is great to see. Netflix saving the show and then eventually giving it an ending is such a good thing. I'll for sure watch the whole series again some time in the future because it was fun and had a pretty satisfying final season and finale.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Westbrook Inc. in Talks to Sell to Firm Led by Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs

This would be the second high-profile acquisition led by the former Disney execs' unnamed venture following the deal for Reese Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine.

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's Westbrook Inc. is in talks to be acquired by the unnamed media company led by former Disney executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, sources familiar with the deal told The Hollywood Reporter.

With the Smiths' Westbrook Inc., Mayer and Staggs' media venture would have access to the production studio, Westbrook Studios, behind films like King Richard and hit TV series like Red Table Talk and Cobra Kai, as well as Westbrook's digital arm, Westbrook Media, that sold 12 shows last year — including a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion special on HBO Max and a docuseries featuring Alicia Keys on YouTube.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

She-Ra Live-Action Series in Early Development at Amazon (EXCLUSIVE)

A She-Ra live-action series is in early development at Amazon, Variety has learned exclusively.
As the project is in the very early stages, no writer is currently attached. DreamWorks Animation will serve as an executive producer after recently producing the Netflix animated series "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power." However, the live-action version will be a new, standalone story and will not be connected to the animated show.

Status
Not open for further replies.