• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still doing predictions for new series? With network primetime returning today I'll guess:
Ordinary Joe - 1.8
The Big Leap - 1.2

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was looking through my unwatched list on TV Calendar and noticed I missed the two specials for Euphoria from December/January. I just watched the one with Rue and Ali in the diner and holy shit how did I miss this? I couldn't look away from my TV the entire time. I feel fucking spent.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I was looking through my unwatched list on TV Calendar and noticed I missed the two specials for Euphoria from December/January. I just watched the one with Rue and Ali in the diner and holy shit how did I miss this? I couldn't look away from my TV the entire time. I feel fucking spent.

These two specials are absolutely fantastic! I know what you mean when you say you're feeling spent. The Jules one is also very strong.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
This is the last of those Hulu Marvel shows, right? I thought they originally had like 3-5 of these shows in the work but some got cancelled, if I remember correctly...

Yeah I think a bunch of them just got canned. Maybe in favor of just keeping stuff on D+? Of course, if they wanted to keep going with more adult humor, Hulu would be the place. Even MODOK had an ending where it looked like they expected an S2 to happen, and it hasn't been cancelled officially yet, but hasn't been looking good.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Gary Marsh Exiting As Head Of Disney Branded TV To Launch Disney-Backed Company With ‘Peter Pan’ & ‘Witch Mountain’ Offshoots, More ‘Descendants’

It’s the end of an era for Disney’s kids and family programming. Gary Marsh will be ending his 33-year executive tenure at the company when he steps down as President and Chief Creative Officer of Disney Branded Television at the end of 2021. He won’t be leaving Disney though — Marsh will be...

It's the end of an era for Disney's kids and family programming. Gary Marsh will be ending his 33-year executive tenure at the company when he steps down as President and Chief Creative Officer of Disney Branded Television at the end of 2021. He won't be leaving Disney though — Marsh will be launching his own production company backed by Disney General Entertainment. Under a rich multiyear production deal, Marsh will be developing content for Disney's streaming and linear platforms including Disney+, Hulu, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, ABC, National Geographic, Freeform and FX.

Marsh is currently finalizing the first projects on the inaugural development slate of his company, including:
  • two new Descendants movies, extending the popular Disney Channel movie franchise;
  • the Beauty and the Beast prequel series starring Josh Gad and Luke Evans, which was recently greenlighted by Disney+;
  • as well as projects Tink, a take on Peter Pan's Tinker Bell;
  • Witch Mountain, a new installment in the popular Disney franchise for Disney+;
  • School for Sensitive Souls, an original music-filled animated story.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Endgame’ Starring Morena Baccarin & Ryan Michelle Bathe From Nicholas Wootton, Jake Coburn, Julie Plec & Justin Lin Picked Up To Series At NBC

NBC has handed a series order to bank heist drama 'The Endgame,' starring Morena Baccarin and Ryan Michelle Bathe.
NBC has handed a series order to bank heist drama The Endgame, starring Morena Baccarin and Ryan Michelle Bathe.

The drama comes from Nick Wootton, Jake Coburn and Julie Plec. Universal TV is the studio.

Written by Chuck and Scorpion exec producer Wootton and Quantico EP Coburn, the formerly untitled project is high-stakes thriller about Elena Federova, a very recently captured international arms dealer and brilliant criminal mastermind who even in captivity orchestrates a number of coordinated bank heists, and Val Turner, the principled, relentless and socially outcast FBI agent who will stop at nothing to foil her ambitious plan.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate that in You Season 2, someone told Joe "you know you're really creepy when you just space out like that" during one of his narration bits lol

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
deadline.com

Gary Marsh Exiting As Head Of Disney Branded TV To Launch Disney-Backed Company With ‘Peter Pan’ & ‘Witch Mountain’ Offshoots, More ‘Descendants’

It’s the end of an era for Disney’s kids and family programming. Gary Marsh will be ending his 33-year executive tenure at the company when he steps down as President and Chief Creative Officer of Disney Branded Television at the end of 2021. He won’t be leaving Disney though — Marsh will be...
So leaving Disney but not leaving Disney?

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So leaving Disney but not leaving Disney?
I assume having his own production company means more freedom in the long-run, but I also suppose the Mouse giving you a big bag is equally as nice.

Another new David Simon show is in the works:
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘The Wire’ Creator Says He’ll Pull Upcoming HBO Series From Texas Over Abortion Law

"This is beyond politics," says the writer and producer, whose project based on events in Texas now won't shoot in the state.

The Wire creator David Simon announced via Twitter on Monday that he wouldn't film an upcoming HBO project in Texas as he apparently previously planned due to the new restrictions.

"As an employer, this is beyond politics," Simon wrote. "I'm turning in scripts next month on an HBO non-fiction miniseries based on events in Texas, but I can't and won't ask female cast/crew to forgo civil liberties to film there. What else looks like Dallas/Ft. Worth?"

Simon's project has not yet been announced, so it's unclear if it has a greenlight. HBO had no comment on the matter, other than to note Simon is currently working on a limited series about the rise and fall of the Baltimore Police; and likewise had no comment about the status of its upcoming production of a new series, Love and Death, which is slated to film in Austin in the fall.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
giphy.gif

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC there were some reviewers suggesting Foundation was not bad per se but kind just....flat?

Well, they were being vague and some were suggesting it was about Wheel of Time (part of the talk was it was about a huge book series being adapted), but that's not out until November.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Reboot’: Leslie Bibb, Rachel Bloom, Michael McKean & Krista Marie Yu Join Steve Levitan’s Hulu Comedy Pilot

Leslie Bibb (Jupiter’s Legacy) has been tapped as the female lead opposite Keegan-Michael Key and Johnny Knoxville in Reboot, Hulu’s comedy pilot from Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan. Also cast in the project are Rachel Bloom, in her return to series television after her starring turn on...
Leslie Bibb (Jupiter's Legacy) has been tapped as the female lead opposite Keegan-Michael Key and Johnny Knoxville in Reboot, Hulu's comedy pilot from Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan. Also cast in the project are Rachel Bloom, in her return to series television after her starring turn on her CW series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Michael McKean and Krista Marie Yu.

In Reboot, when Hulu reboots an early-2000s family sitcom, its dysfunctional cast is forced back together and now must deal with their unresolved issues in today's fast-changing world.

Calum Worthy also stars.

Bibb plays Bree, a former pageant girl from rural Virginia turned sitcom star who left the country after the show to marry a prince.

Bloom plays Hannah, the young, hip writer with a fresh take on old sitcom Step Right Up.

McKean plays Gordon, the hacky, narcissistic creator of late 90's sitcom Step Right Up.

Yu plays Elaine who came from the tech world but now finds herself out of her comfort zone covering the reboot of Step Right Up.

deadline.com

Shawn Levy & Steven Knight’s Limited Series Adaptation Of WWII Story ‘All The Light We Cannot See’ Gets Series Order At Netflix, Opens Casting Call

Netflix has handed a series order to a four-part limited series adaptation of Anthony Doerr’s Pulitzer Prize-winning bestseller All the Light We Cannot See from Shawn Levy and Steven Knight. Stranger Things producer Levy has been developing the project for a couple of years through his company...
Netflix has handed a series order to a four-part limited series adaptation of Anthony Doerr's Pulitzer Prize-winning bestseller All the Light We Cannot See from Shawn Levy and Steven Knight.

Stranger Things producer Levy has been developing the project for a couple of years through his company 21 Laps Entertainment at the streamer, where he has an overall deal. Peaky Blinders creator Knight is writing the adaptation, and Levy, who directed Ryan Reynolds comedy feature Free Guy, is directing all four episodes.

All the Light We Cannot See tells the story of Marie-Laure, a teenager who is blind, and Werner, a German soldier, whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.

‘Let The Right One In’ Vampire Drama Starring Demián Bichir Ordered To Series By Showtime

Showtime has picked up to series pilot Let the Right One In, starring Demián Bichir, completing the vampire drama's journey to the screen.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
IIRC there were some reviewers suggesting Foundation was not bad per se but kind just....flat?

Well, they were being vague and some were suggesting it was about Wheel of Time (part of the talk was it was about a huge book series being adapted), but that's not out until November.
Considering the books don't work for everyone, that doesn't surprise me. Not to mention how it seems that they're adapting basically the prologue with elements from the prequels, which means the story should be a slow burn (in this case, unlike the first novel as that was technically just a collection of short stories).

That said, Foundation is still probably my favorite novel ever so I doubt I won't enjoy it.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Oooo. This could be great if done well. I adored both the original and it's American remake. Also Bichir needs to be in more stuff he's a delightful actor to watch

I really enjoyed him on The Bridge, especially S2. I liked the movie as well and it worked so well in the format, just wonder how they stretch it out for TV. Especially if they plan to go multiple seasons.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
As a big fan of this show I don't wanna give anyone hope but, I thought I should shed some light on this.

Dark Matter Creator Joseph Mallozzi Reveals New Miniseries Pitch

Finally started work on the pitch for the Dark Matter miniseries. I've spent the past week or so running through the basic story and structure, ultimately landing on a six episode arc that will cover the alien chapter originally planned for the show's fourth season.

Set three years after the events of Episode 313, a missing player returns with the key to thwarting a massive alien invasion. In order to defeat this formidable enemy, unlikely alliances will be forged, long-held secrets will be revealed, and the seeds of an even greater threat will be sown. And, yes, the plan is to bring back the entire cast along with all relevant guest stars.

THE MINISERIES

It's been three long years since the alien incursion that has wrought havoc over the galaxy. Billions of lives have been lost, countless worlds destroyed. Finally, however, salvation presents itself in the form of an unfathomable piece of technology, couriered from an alien reality by a long-lost former member of the Raza crew. IT holds the key to turning the tables on the other-worldly invaders, but it is also only one piece of an intricate puzzle. To pull this off, our heroes will have to track down and reunite their departed crew members, ally themselves with the Galactic Authority, duplicitous corporations, and a faction of rebel androids committed to overthrowing the anthroparchy – human rule. They'll forge new alliances, suffer surprising betrayals, and risk it all for one final shot at redemption.

His blog has a character synopsis for each of the crew and where they are at now in the story if you want more details but, with a time skip and it only being a limited 6 episode run I hope someone picks it up and we can at least have the ending.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
As a big fan of this show I don't wanna give anyone hope but, I thought I should shed some light on this.

Dark Matter Creator Joseph Mallozzi Reveals New Miniseries Pitch

Finally started work on the pitch for the Dark Matter miniseries. I've spent the past week or so running through the basic story and structure, ultimately landing on a six episode arc that will cover the alien chapter originally planned for the show's fourth season.

Set three years after the events of Episode 313, a missing player returns with the key to thwarting a massive alien invasion. In order to defeat this formidable enemy, unlikely alliances will be forged, long-held secrets will be revealed, and the seeds of an even greater threat will be sown. And, yes, the plan is to bring back the entire cast along with all relevant guest stars.

THE MINISERIES

It's been three long years since the alien incursion that has wrought havoc over the galaxy. Billions of lives have been lost, countless worlds destroyed. Finally, however, salvation presents itself in the form of an unfathomable piece of technology, couriered from an alien reality by a long-lost former member of the Raza crew. IT holds the key to turning the tables on the other-worldly invaders, but it is also only one piece of an intricate puzzle. To pull this off, our heroes will have to track down and reunite their departed crew members, ally themselves with the Galactic Authority, duplicitous corporations, and a faction of rebel androids committed to overthrowing the anthroparchy – human rule. They'll forge new alliances, suffer surprising betrayals, and risk it all for one final shot at redemption.

His blog has a character synopsis for each of the crew and where they are at now in the story if you want more details but, with a time skip and it only being a limited 6 episode run I hope someone picks it up and we can at least have the ending.

I really enjoyed Dark Matter, but I don't have any high hopes for this.

It's nice he's still trying to finish it off, but I don't have confidence in SyFy or another network in picking this up. And not sure if this limited series is something a streaming service is willing to do, especially if they can't pick up the rights of the prior seasons.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Last year when a bunch of friends wanted me to watch Tiger King I asked them if it was actually good or if they only watched it because they were bored. None of them responded to the question and so I had my answer and skipped it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Thought The Orville was done completely. I'll be watching the final season of Derry Girls although I can't say I even remember too much of it at this point. Might be time to rewatch

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Last year when a bunch of friends wanted me to watch Tiger King I asked them if it was actually good or if they only watched it because they were bored. None of them responded to the question and so I had my answer and skipped it.
You missed out on probably the most unscrupulous piece of media of the last few years.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

Wow just a few days ago I was looking the show up to find out what happened to the final season. Read on wiki that they had finished filming late last year after they got back to recording from their shutdown. The show is bizarre but I've come to really enjoy it when I was catching up on it with a friend. Definitely plan to catch the final season.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Thought The Orville was done completely. I'll be watching the final season of Derry Girls although I can't say I even remember too much of it at this point. Might be time to rewatch

3 years will have passed by the time the third seasons of The Orville and Derry Girls release. :O

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD

FINALLY

CLAWS!!!!

oh that's the show RatskyWatsky is crazy about I think

YES

Wow just a few days ago I was looking the show up to find out what happened to the final season. Read on wiki that they had finished filming late last year after they got back to recording from their shutdown. The show is bizarre but I've come to really enjoy it when I was catching up on it with a friend. Definitely plan to catch the final season.

One of us! One of us!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Vinny Chase is back on top!! (for original shows)

cue Entourage theme music

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Manifest’ Reclaims Top Spot on Streaming Charts

The series rises back to No. 1 for the week in which Netflix ordered a fourth season.

1. Clickbait (Netflix), 912 minutes viewed
2. Outer Banks (Netflix), 483 million
3. Grace and Frankie (Netflix), 469 million
4. Nine Perfect Strangers (Hulu), 369 million
5. The Chair (Netflix), 310 million
6. Virgin River (Netflix), 288 million
7. What If … (Disney+), 233 million
8. Family Reunion (Netflix), 199 million
9. The Defeated (Netflix), 194 million
10. Lucifer (Netflix), 190 million

Acquired Series

1. Manifest (Netflix), 1.39 billion minutes
2. Cocomelon (Netflix), 719 million
3. Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 704 million
4. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 587 million
5. NCIS (Netflix), 586 million
6. Chicago Med (Netflix), 497 million
7. Heartland (Netflix), 490 million
8. All American (Netflix), 448 million
9. The Walking Dead (Netflix), 433 million
10. Supernatural (Netflix), 354 million

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The Sex Lives of College Girls Teaser

Welcome to the best years of your life. From creator Mindy Kaling comes The Sex Lives of College Girls. Starring Pauline Chalamet, Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp, and Alya Chanelle Scott as Kimberly, Bela, Leighton, and Whitney: four freshman roommates at Essex College.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea Rosehaven was ending. It was a nice finale that settled the outstanding will they/won't they questions at least. lol

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Bumped the old OT on that two week old Kathryn Prescott news, oops. Glad she's going to make it and not be in a wheel chair, that's horrible. Always liked her in the things I've seen her in.

Still disappointed about the Punky Brewster cancellation, I'm not going to get that episode with her tripping balls and seeing Glomer from the cartoon Punky Brewster show and some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.