• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting.

www.avclub.com

Netflix sued by chess icon over a line in The Queen's Gambit

Netflix has been decked by a $5 million lawsuit for defamation involving one line in the finale of The Queen’s Gambit. The suit has been filed by chess extraordinaire Nona Gaprindashvili, who claims Netflix knowingly said falsehoods about her in the show.

Nah, getting tossed at the first hearing. For one thing she would need to prove it has cost her something specific and quantifiable, which seems very unlikely.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Did season one end up good?

I think I remember watching the first episode or two, but got bored around the time they did a gravity slingshot that's been done in a million sci-fi movies/shows.
It's not good and alot of the characters will piss you off similar to Lost In Space. But unlike LiS, those characters in this at least died horribly.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Nah, getting tossed at the first hearing. For one thing she would need to prove it has cost her something specific and quantifiable, which seems very unlikely.

It's a defamation suit, which is a bit different from my understanding as it mainly needs to prove serious harm to her reputation. Regardless, I don't think she has a case – every single biopic, fictional or not, would be in big trouble if she had. We'll see. But it's still very interesting I think. Especially how Netflix reacted to her initial complain.

Oct 25, 2017
news friends, unless im super late. missed MSNBC shuffling things.

Longtime Telemundo and NBC Nightly News Saturday anchor Jose Diaz-Balart will depart the Spanish language evening newscast, and transition over to the weekday 10 a.m. timeslot on MSNBC. Hallie Jackson leaves the weekday 10 a.m. hour on MSNBC, and will replace Mohyeldin in the weekday 3 p.m. hour on the cable network.

Mohyeldin's new primetime show will air Saturday nights at 8 p.m. ET and Sunday nights at 9 p.m. ET., replacing Joshua Johnson's MSNBC program. Johnson will host a new show on the network's streaming news service NBC News Now.
www.adweek.com

Ayman Mohyeldin’s New Weekend Show Debuts Saturday at 8 PM on MSNBC

On his new primetime program, titled Ayman, Mohyeldin will break down the biggest political and cultural stories of the week, both in the U.S. and abroad.

Surprised, Joshua Johnson show didnt get into a second year.

Sep 5, 2021
I don't hey if anyone saw it but Amazon is going to release a series based on "I Know What You Did Last Summer":

The series is scheduled to be released on October 15, 2021.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone else posted it before but today I found out that:

-Babysitter's Club S2 is coming to Netflix 10/11/2021 - https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-ba...n-2-premiere-date-netflix-trailer-1234822444/ (TheNatureBoy G_Shumi I think both of you would really enjoy this if you haven't watched it yet)

-Dead to Me S3 paused filming last month, due to Christina Applegate's MS diagnosis, and is unlikely to come out in 2021 - https://www.glamour.com/story/netflix-dead-to-me-season-3-everything-we-know-so-far

-Little America S2 will begin filming early 2022 - https://www.imore.com/little-america-season-2-shooting-next-year-creator-confirms

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Not sure if anyone else posted it before but today I found out that:

-Babysitter's Club S2 is coming to Netflix 10/11/2021 - https://deadline.com/2021/08/the-ba...n-2-premiere-date-netflix-trailer-1234822444/ (TheNatureBoy G_Shumi I think both of you would really enjoy this if you haven't watched it yet)

-Dead to Me S3 paused filming last month, due to Christina Applegate's MS diagnosis, and is unlikely to come out in 2021 - https://www.glamour.com/story/netflix-dead-to-me-season-3-everything-we-know-so-far
Aww. That's understandable about Dead to Me. I just hope Christina Applegate will be able to finish filming with little-to-no issues.

And, Nabbit, The Babysitter's Club? Isn't that a bit out of our age range? (Yes, I realize the irony of how many other shows I watch that are meant for teenagers. Lol.) I know my younger sister would enjoy it. But what makes it a good watch?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Aww. That's understandable about Dead to Me. I just hope Christina Applegate will be able to finish filming with little-to-no issues.

And, Nabbit, The Babysitter's Club? Isn't that a bit out of our age range? (Yes, I realize the irony of how many other shows I watch that are meant for teenagers. Lol.) I know my younger sister would enjoy it. But what makes it a good watch?

Right, I thought it would be, too! But it kinda scratches that One Day at a Time and The Middle itch. With a dash of stuff like Parenthood and FNL or something Mindy Kaling would write. The kids' lives are really well-realized, the characters are endearing but richly drawn, and the dynamics between the girls feels just so true to life. Like the main character is a super difficult kid in some ways. In the 90s she'd have just been a Mary Sue. So I think you might dig it. The last couple episodes fell flat but the rest were surprisingly good.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, that show is about to have the stars slowly coming to bigger work.

One is in Doc Strange 2.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that show is about to have the stars slowly coming to bigger work.

One is in Doc Strange 2.
I was surprised to learn that yesterday. They had to recast her character in the show. They used the lead from Finding Ohana. I'm surprised they didn't write off the character. It's unusual to see straight-up recasts these days.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another deal:
deadline.com

Dan Levy Signs Netflix Film & TV Deal, Will Star In And Direct Romantic Comedy Feature

A year after winning four Primetime Emmys for the hit comedy series Schitt’s Creek, Dan Levy has closed a first look feature deal and an overall one in scripted content with Netflix, under which he’ll write and produce. Levy’s work in film will begin promptly with an original untitled romantic...
A year after winning four Primetime Emmys for the hit comedy series Schitt's Creek, Dan Levy has closed a first look feature deal and an overall one in scripted content with Netflix, under which he'll write and produce.

Levy's work in film will begin promptly with an original untitled romantic comedy which he'll direct, write, produce and star in. Sister's Stacey Snider and Kate Fenske will also produce alongside Levy. The multi-hyphenate's work in series will start in July 2022 when his current three-year overall deal with ABC Signature ends.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This week's WORLDWIDE Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 19, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2021-09-19/

1.Sex EducationSeasons 1-3United KingdomNEW
2.LuciferSeasons 1-6United States↓ 1
3.Squid GameSeason 1South KoreaNEW
4.Money HeistParts 1-5Spain↓ 2
5.ClickbaitLimited SeriesUnited States↓ 1
6.Good GirlsSeasons 1-4United States↓ 1
7.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1United States↓ 4
8.Hometown Cha-Cha-ChaSeason 1South Korea=
9.SharkdogSeason 1United States↓ 2
10.The Good DoctorSeasons 1-4United States↓ 1

And this week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of September 19, 2021:
https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/united-states/2021-09-19/

1.Sex EducationSeasons 1-3NEW
2.ClickbaitLimited Series↑ 1
3.LuciferSeasons 1-6↓ 2
4.CocomelonSeasons 1-3=
5.Squid GameSeason 1NEW
6.The Circle: A Social Media CompetitionSeasons 1-3=
7.SharkdogSeason 1↓ 2
8.Nailed It!Seasons 1-6NEW
9.ManifestSeasons 1-3=
10.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on TerrorSeason 1↓ 8

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I need to catch up on everything Power related that came out since the series finale. Glad to hear at least some of it is good.
I would recommend starting with Kanan, since it's way better(writing/acting/setting) than the Tariq show*(probably outta all Powers imo) and you don't really need to know anything else since it's a prequel.

* = Book 2 Ghost/Tariq is kinda divisive since ppl hate Tariq so much lol. Seems like he has the Joffrey from GoT reaction. I didn't mind Tariq in the og series so I gave the show a fair shot. If you liked OG Power, you will like this imo.

Sounds like an anime title.
lol I sorta messed up the title, it's Book 3

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
😴 Emmys 2021 😴

The Crown swept the drama categories

Ted Lasso swept the comedy categories

Mare of Easttown swept the limited/movie categories

😴 Emmys 2021 😴

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
But I think Lovecraft Country deserved to win something. Sad it didn't.

I'm finally going to start Lovecraft Country soon (especially with Oct coming up), since I had waaaay too much to get through still last year, when it aired. I guess it's still self-contained, despite originally having plans to continue with another season?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
BMF Premieres Sunday

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

qajisdM.png

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Oh! And if you would like to watch the first two episodes of Midnight Mass a few days in advance:

It was mentioned in the Mike Flanagan thread, but I guess I'll repost it here :)

The tweet was posted today at midnight and I have no idea if there are places left, but it's worth a try if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.