• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is Kornaki running on?

• Fumes

Votes: 79 3.6%
  • Coffee

Votes: 41 1.8%
  • Chaos Emeralds

Votes: 738 33.2%
  • Regeneron Drug cocktail

Votes: 195 8.8%
  • Cocaine

Votes: 391 17.6%
  • Thor 2:DarkWorld

Votes: 780 35.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely have no idea who'll win this election, but either way

biblical.GIF

Although I really hope Biden wins...

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
150+mil is a very very high turnout

I've been saying for over a year that 2020 could see record turnout for a modern election. More recently, I've been using a 150 million turnout estimate as a shorthand to convey that this number is just that, an estimate. Now that more early vote data are available, I'm ready to make a more concrete prediction.

Examining each state in turn, and rolling up the state estimates to a national estimate, I arrive at a total turnout rate of 160.2 million votes, or a turnout rate for those eligible to vote of 67.0%.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE don't screw this up. If Trump gets it again, the ripples on the geopolitical landscape will be devastating... Besides all the rest... Covid, climate change, terrorism, intolerance, racism, all very much worse.

So much comes down to people feeling safe to vote, and which people they are.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
How much is this compared to the actual registered voter rolls? It's still pretty shitty if only 55-60% of eligible voters in this country actually vote.
If we get 158 million it's fucking 70% turnout based on the voting age population of 225 million. That's massive. 168 puts us at nearly 75% of the voting pop. it would be the best in 120 years
and 158 would be the best in 116 years

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling good about Biden, but more nervous about the senate. I'm sure Kelly and Hickenlooper will pull through, but a bit worried about Gideon and Cunningham. Also, hopefully good news out of GA, IA races, and a nice Bullock-sized surprise.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm one of the millions voting in a Presidential election for the first time, Zoomers represent

I hope my generation has decent turnout both today and in the years to come after growing up with this shit

project pat

Aug 30, 2020
This strikes me as such a weird take. Trump was despised by over 50% of the electorate BEFORE the pandemic. He's had a scandal a day throughout the entire campaign and decisively lost every debate. If there wasn't a pandemic we'd be talking about his taxes, his attempts to get out of testifying in his rape trials, his attacks against the military, his administrations 50+ violations of the Hatch act, his impeachment trial, Putin, etc. etc. etc. Without the pandemic we probably wouldn't have peeled away so many seniors, but Biden would still be like +4 in the polling.

All of this was true about him before 2016 election.
Bad favorability.
Decisively lost every debate.
Scandals (pussy grabbing)
Rape accusations
Refusing to release his taxes (under audit)
Accusations of Russian interference
Attacking John McCain for being a prisoner of war, attacking "gold star families", etc

with a functioning economy and enough time/attention to trash Biden, he would have been fine

and no one persuadable cares about Hatch act violations

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
It's great, but it's kinda shitty that 30% of this country have a voice and just don't use it for whatever reason. I dunno, makes me sad.

Yeah I've talked to some that seem to think claims about Trump are hyperbole but they also heard some bad stuff about Biden. Then they go down the all politicians bad route. It is frustrating.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm one of the millions voting in a Presidential election for the first time, Zoomers represent

I hope my generation has decent turnout both today and in the years to come after growing up with this shit
the youth vote is looking pretty dang good this year, just going by early voting so far

proud of yous kids

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god.... lil pump...are you fucking serious

This year is a crime against humanity...

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He would have beaten Biden by a mile.
The economy was doing well.
If COVID wasn't the main story all year, they could have made the election about Biden's dementia and family corruption. (I realize Trump's dementia and corruption is far worse, but these attacks have an asymmetrical effect.)
If Trump had even half-assed his coronavirus response he would have easily won.

Doubt it, Trump had been polling around 40% his entire presidency.

Not to mention that in 2016, Hillary was not a popular candidate and she had issues of her own.

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia
From Australia I wish all of you fine people the best of luck. From afar it has been very distressing to watch one of our oldest and dearest friends having a near-death experience. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Gotta hand it to Trump, Lil Pump is at least marginally more relevant than Scott Baio

Status
Not open for further replies.