• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she threaten the parents with jail time? I can't imagine that wouldn't have some kind of psychological harm on the families and that doesn't really sound progressive to me.
She threatened jail time to families who let their kids miss more than 100 days of school without documented reason.

Hence, why nobody actually went to jail under her policy.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And that's a fair critique to have. There isn't a candidate on that stage who didn't suffer negative consequences to well-meaning proposals.

But that wasn't your original charge against me. I'm aware of Kamala's record, and I'm still a fan of her.
Again, you started this discussion by questioning the fact that her office tried to deny petitions from wrongfully convicted people. Which we both know is true...so why question something we both know to be true?

Jun 20, 2019
Funny because every issue he purports to care about has gotten significantly worse since he has held political office.
#noresults
He's a lifelong backbencher. Are we meant to not understand that? Thaddeus Stevens was a backbencher nearly his entire career but he was principled and the nation benefited from men like him with principles when the slavery question finally broke loose.

I'm not going to criticize someone who stands for principles I agree with strongly, even if in the moment it doesn't look politically practical or whatever.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still kissing my finger tips at Cory Booker burning Biden for repeatedly using Obama as a policy position, and at Tulsi absolutely destroying Kamala lmao

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Larry Krasner, Kim Foxx, Kim Ogg, Mark Duppree are all new DAs held up as examples. But yeah they pretty much don't exist in this country.
I know Larry. He considers Kamala a progressive prosecutor.

In fact, a lot of the changes he's brought to Philly mimic the work she's done in CA.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He's a lifelong backbencher. Are we meant to not understand that? Thaddeus Stevens was a backbencher nearly his entire career but he was principled and the nation benefited from men like him with principles when the slavery question finally broke loose.

I'm not going to criticize someone who stands for principles I agree with strongly, even if in the moment it doesn't look politically practical or whatever.

im a backbencher, but i top out at 100lbs, strongest back in the neighborhood though i'll guarantee you that

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Only one of those are an AG, unless you are going to mention issues when she was a DA of SF. Lets compare like to like here, Krasner has been on the job for a year so there really isn't much there.
Let's not shade Krasner now :(

He's done a great job here considering her has the whole of PA establishment working against him.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes but you're always skipping leg day. Bernie doesn't skip leg day.
27-bernie-lounging.w1200.h630.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
Harris got hammered tonight, I knew this would happen. She saw the most momentum after the last debate by attacking and thus opened herself for attacks in this new debate. That's always a big risk. I thought Tulsi Gabbard did really well tonight.

Oct 25, 2017
Again, you started this discussion by questioning the fact that her office tried to deny petitions from wrongfully convicted people. Which we both know is true...so why question something we both know to be true?
Uh, no.
Yeah she's put innocent people there and then not let them out when proven innocent.
You are acting like she made some personal decision cause shes an evil asshat. When the reason why it was done is strictly due to the fact that it is on the merits, the law, etc. IF you start allowing people to file six years after expiration you open the flood gates.

Which innocent people did she put in jail?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Only one of those are an AG, unless you are going to mention issues when she was a DA of SF. Lets compare like to like here, Krasner has been on the job for a year so there really isn't much there.

You said: "Can you toss me an example of a progressive AG."

So, is your line of argument is: there is no progressive AG and thus it cannot be expected that she will be/act progressive during her tenure as an AG? That is, you think that the concept of progressiveness and Attorney General are just inherently incompatible with one another?

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The whole country buys into the program through taxes, including higher taxes on the rich. So the healthcare system doesn't have to worry about people that don't buy in to help offset costs.
When it's a single unity managing all of the healthcare in the country it streamlines a lot of bureaucratic billing processes. It also allows for tougher negotiations with the pharmaceutical industry on drug prices.
This amongst other things.

so it does nothing then to lower cost of prescriptions

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, no.

You are acting like she made some personal decision cause shes an evil asshat. When the reason why it was done is strictly due to the fact that it is on the merits, the law, etc. IF you start allowing people to file six years after expiration you open the flood gates.

Which innocent people did she put in jail?
No what? That post wasn't referring to you.

Where did I say she was an evil asshat? I already said earlier in this thread I don't think she's a terrible person. I do think she is emblematic of many of the problems with our criminal justice system, and I don't want her to be president.

Oct 25, 2017
You said: "Can you toss me an example of a progressive AG."

So, is your line of argument is: there is no progressive AG and thus it cannot be expected that she will be/act progressive during her tenure as an AG? That is, you think that the concept of progressiveness and Attorney General are just inherently incompatible with one another?

Not really, I just think if you are an AG of a state for a considerable amount of time you are going to have some things that are going to be able to be dredged up as a hey this person wasn't progressive. I don't know shit about Krasner, I'm willing to bet if he is on the job for six years someone is going to be able to find cases to shit on him. I feel like that is what is happening to Harris.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Not really, I just think if you are an AG of a state for a considerable amount of time you are going to have some things that are going to be able to be dredged up as a hey this person wasn't progressive. I don't know shit about Krasner, I'm willing to bet if he is on the job for six years someone is going to be able to find cases to shit on him. I feel like that is what is happening to Harris.

I see.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They aren't hit cases, they decisions made that people disagree with. Yeah most AGs have examples of how they are not progressive because most AGs are not progressive. The system incentivizes prosecutors to behave in ways which harm their communities.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
This is happening to Krasner right now.

Krasner ran, and won, on a campaign to not prosecute petty drug offenses.

There's been a wave of shootings this year and the establishment right up to the governor are blaming Krasner for it, specifically for this policy.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Numerous Prior Bans for Trolling and Inflammatory Behavior
Bernie is too old and appeals to the same type of person as Warren. Anyway Bernie has too big an ego to be VP. Let him stay in the Senate wagging his fingers at people while Warren kicks as as President.

People don't care about Warren. She's a nobody and Trump's bitch.

Damisa

Oct 25, 2017
The sordid and terrible minds of NeverBernie folks

Look there's clearly a lot of people who dislike Bernie, including me obviously, but everyone likes Warren. So why try to force Bernie down everyone's throats when there's already a perfect candidate that everyone likes?*

*Everyone but Maven apparently

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look there's clearly a lot of people who dislike Bernie, including me obviously, but everyone likes Warren. So why try to force Bernie down everyone's throats when there's already a perfect candidate that everyone likes?
This is damn near a parody post, if I'm being fucked with right now then honestly: good shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.