• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I don't see you doing it here with anyone else.

No one else is attempting to engage directly with me about it here in this thread, but I've discussed it plenty of times in the past and will continue to do so in the future for posters that have demonstrated that they argue in good faith and aren't wasting my time.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
No one else is attempting to engage directly with me about it here in this thread, but I've discussed it plenty of times in the past and will continue to do so in the future for posters that have demonstrated that they argue in good faith and aren't wasting my time.
There's no real reason to carry this on. Nobody else is going to bat for dino fish, so you don't have anything to prove.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
how are they going to "go to someone like biden or harris" when we're talking about polling in a general election matchup? those aren't options. the options are sanders or trump (or presumably some abstain/third party option).

what you're suggesting is that there is some substantial number of people who fit the following profile
  • support sanders in a hypothetical general election matchup
  • do not know that sanders wants to nationalize health insurance
  • would no longer support sanders in said hypothetical general election matchup after learning this
do you have literally any evidence for this position? because your polls on health insurance (which, just for the record, have support levels that vary dramatically based on the phrasing of the question) don't really do anything to address the actual point being made, which is that sanders performs well in current general election polling.
Anybody but Trump. Do you believe in that concept as it relates to Democrats, Independents, or jaded Republicans? If so, then it's clearly possible for people to be for Sanders just because he's not Trump while simultaneously not knowing the details of his M4A proposal, and some of whom would not be as likely to vote for him because of that proposal once they understand the details. That's a completely valid scenario. I don't need evidence for that. It's just speculation, which is what 99% of this thread is.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She knows more about history than you do.

That much was revealed in how much she tried to learn through a podcast interview posted during the first debate by someone else. She also demonstrated this when I posted a video of how much she could handle the topic of reparations than any politician in history back in March.

She basically is a spiritual leader in every sense it means among liberals who are agnostic or religious and so she can provide some guidance on the ethical issues the executive branch has to deal with.

Oh does she?

MhCcMQz.jpg

R67OV7H.jpg

OnadbZn.jpg

pPLwjEf.jpg

These are directly from her book.

Let me say this very clear so nobody can misunderstand me.

If you are backing Williamson in any way, you're dangerous, misinformed, and are the literal ill of our democracy that is crumbling because of social cancers like Williamson getting public spotlight from serious candidates who are qualified in multiple ways to handle the series issues that our nation and world need to face.

Last edited:

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Oh does she?

MhCcMQz.jpg

R67OV7H.jpg

OnadbZn.jpg

pPLwjEf.jpg

If you are backing Williamson in any way, you're dangerous, misinformed, and are the literal ill of our democracy that is crumbling because of social cancers like Williamson getting public spotlight from serious candidate who are qualified in multiple ways to handle the series issues that our nation and world need to face.

Yeah, I can't back a candidate with nonsensical views like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh does she?

MhCcMQz.jpg

R67OV7H.jpg

OnadbZn.jpg

pPLwjEf.jpg

If you are backing Williamson in any way, you're dangerous, misinformed, and are the literal ill of our democracy that is crumbling because of social cancers like Williamson getting public spotlight from serious candidate who are qualified in multiple ways to handle the series issues that our nation and world need to face.

No but shes soooooooo funny. Let me enjoy my meme candidate /s

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Oh does she?

MhCcMQz.jpg

R67OV7H.jpg

OnadbZn.jpg

pPLwjEf.jpg

If you are backing Williamson in any way, you're dangerous, misinformed, and are the literal ill of our democracy that is crumbling because of social cancers like Williamson getting public spotlight from serious candidates who are qualified in multiple ways to handle the series issues that our nation and world need to face.

Bravo.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh does she?

MhCcMQz.jpg

R67OV7H.jpg

OnadbZn.jpg

pPLwjEf.jpg

CNN should really be bringing this up.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CNN should really be bringing this up.

Can't do that just yet, she's entertainment. She's got passion, charisma!!!

You can't just shut down someone like her so fast, you gotta milk that cow for all it's worth before you send it to the glue factory.

Better yet, could you imagine if such a crazy, outlandish candidate actually gains momentum and becomes a front runner?

Wow, who could imagine such a situation where someone becomes so popular due to entertainment value that a positive feedback loop is created and the "crazy", "loony" candidate becomes the dark horse candidate who ends up winning the clown car primary of nearly two dozen candidates?

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Okay it's obvious I don't need to watch all of this. Sanders and Warren clearly owned the field so hard, it's embarrassing.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Williamson is a dumb meme candidate who made good points about environmental racism and reparations tonight, two important issues that haven't gotten as much mainstream attention this election cycle. it shouldn't be so hard to separate the ideas from the candidate (especially when she has no shot at winning)

it would definitely be worrying if she decided to play third-party spoiler in the general, though...

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Oh does she?

MhCcMQz.jpg

R67OV7H.jpg

OnadbZn.jpg

pPLwjEf.jpg

*shrugs*
You're not saying anything new here.

Her damning flaws were hashed out before the first debate but since you avoided those topics you don't know that noone on this forum expects her or wants her to win.

You asserted she knows nothing but that was proven false during her performance tonight and we could reference more of her educational background based on past discussions.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bernie and Warren need to team up as long as humanly possible.

They absolutely killed it tonight, could not be happier.

CNN did their best to sabotage them both and it backfired spectacularly.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
*shrugs*
You're not saying anything new here.

Her damning flaws were hashed out before the first debate but since you avoided those topics you don't know that noone on this forum expects her or wants her to win.

You asserted she knows nothing but that was proven false during her performance tonight and we could reference more of her educational background based on past discussions.

Loving this nonchalant "yea so she advocated for people to not take life saving medication and that HIV is actually our self hate materializing to this deadly illness... but so what?"

Just shrug away.

Damning flaws is a candidate being tone deaf to a key part of a primary demographic.

Williamson is a dangerous person who has likely been directly responsible in getting sick people killed due to their desperation and vulnerability.

She's a piece of shit and there is no "defending" her.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Williamson is a dumb meme candidate who made good points about environmental racism and reparations tonight, two important issues that haven't gotten as much mainstream attention this election cycle. it shouldn't be so hard to separate the ideas from the candidate (especially when she has no shot at winning)

it would definitely be worrying if she decided to play third-party spoiler in the general, though...

While we can do that, those ideas come with the whole package. Hopefully, nobody saw Trump winning either.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Warren and Bernie clearly won this. The media really positioned tonight as a showdown between the two, but they were clearly the focal point of the rest of the stage, which only strengthened their shared, righteous resolve in my eyes.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to use that same magic healing prayer power that Williamson has been advocating for decades to pray that she doesn't make the cutoff for the next round of debates.

Who is with me? The power of positive healing probably clogged up the BP pipe in the Gulf, I'm sure it can muster enough energy to make Williamson disappear from the polls.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Warren and Bernie clearly won this. The media really positioned tonight as a showdown between the two, but they were clearly the focal point of the rest of the stage, which only strengthened their shared, righteous resolve in my eyes.
They hyped it as the battle between Warren and Sanders.. They wanted it so badly and tried desperately to manufacture friction between them.

Oct 25, 2017
They hyped it as the battle between Warren and Sanders.. They wanted it so badly and tried desperately to manufacture friction between them.
The only thing I can really think of is the opening narration when they were saying they were competing for the same voters and such (which isn't entirely true really). Was there anything from inside the debate itself that suggested this?

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
If you need charisma to vote for someone who has good policy and ideas on how to fix boring, complex issues then I would lobby the same criticism.

Good. We are on the same page with that. Btw, I don't think anyone is here truly supporting her, but you can still acknowledge when she says something right just as you should easily call her out on something wrong.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The only thing I can really think of is the opening narration when they were saying they were competing for the same voters and such (which isn't entirely true really). Was there anything from inside the debate itself that suggested this?
The entire preshow was pushing the narrative that they'd be attacking each other, even went as far as saying they had a report that Sanders would attack Warren for being unelectable lol.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
My dream scenario, doubt it happens :( would be for Bernie Sanders as President and Warren as VP.... MAINLY so we can maximize the opportunity of potentially fixing this country for the long run.

8 years with Sanders... then 8 more years with Warren.

If it were Warren first, then Sanders would obviously be too old..even for Bernie...lol

I just don't trust these other "politicians" to have the same passion to push for common sense. Universal Healthcare...affordable to free education.

Sure AOC down the road...and a few others... but for now, Bernie and Warren. Legit Shake shit up Folks!

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep. It absolutely behooves they to have a united front against attacks that apply to them both, and to form a strong amicable connection in the minds of their respective bases. It's the best strategy to realizing a the sucess of one of them when the other drops out. It won't be until much later in the race where there need be only one of them carrying the progressive vote in its entirety.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Upon learning this, I'm just gonna try and stop meme-ing about Williamson out of respect for those who passed away from AIDS and cancer.

This Twitter thread has quotes on her book. And it's all...really out there and scary.

I'm sorry but this ain't slick. just because someone on twitter doesn't know how to fucking read, doesn't make that real. It says right in the book to keep taking the medicine. It's the first line.
she described an auxiliary way to deal with the mental difficulties brought along with a potentially life threatening illness. It's emotional support. It's complimentary to the meds.

edit:

Status
Not open for further replies.