• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
How dare these others people have plans. Am I right?

No, you have to have plans. Nobody is saying that you don't. But American politics is won on passion.

Trump didn't win on plans, he won on "Make America Great Again."

Obama was a Ivy League grad and Law professor. But he didn't win on that. He won on "HOPE/CHANGE."

When was the last time a wonk won the Presidency?

You have got to have that human component. You have got to tug at people's heart strings and the things that keep them up at night. Some candidates are close, but if Williamson has one impact on this primary, I hope it's that truly viable candidates realize that you have got to touch people.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to donate to Marianne's campaign if it keeps her running longer than these other goddamn dickheads.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did he not give an "honest answer" to? Your arguing in bad faith by default by automatically assuming that people have to hide actual concerns with M4A when such things are not the case
He refused to say that taxes would have to be raised for the middle class to pay for M4A. What else is refusing to answer the question, and screaming "republican talking points," but hiding from actual concerns. That is not being honest.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
sadly, tomorrow copmala will get all the spotlight and today will be mostly forgotten. Having night 1 instead of night 2 is a disadvantage.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Is there seriously no way for me to tune in from the beginning until tomorrow?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
BERNIE KILLED.

He won the night.

Warren also did well.

This proves he is up for debates. Great result.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
He refused to say that taxes would have to be raised for the middle class to pay for M4A. What else is refusing to answer the question, and screaming "republican talking points," but hiding from actual concerns. That is not being honest.

He refused to say that even though he's said that countless times? in addition to the fact that co pays, deductibles and all of the private corporate taxes paid would disappear thus net saving people money? I'm sorry, but your making a weird argument trying to act like its some secretive thing he's hiding when that could not be further from the truth.

THe issue is that it is a republican talking point to cry about taxes taxes taxes without actually talking about the benefits. Its a mere deflection.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I'm willing to donate to Marianne's campaign if it keeps her running longer than these other goddamn dickheads.

giphy.gif

oh no, she might say more positive and correct things about stuff like reparations. how terrible

She had one or two good opinions. So what? I'm sure you could find even Tulsi does that that doesn't mean they're good candidates.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Debate winners
1. Marianne Williamson - Did exactly what she needed to do tonight and likely dug her way out of the 1% polling tonight to make it to the next debate
2. Bernie Sanders - Showed some fucking fire tonight, reminded people why he's in the top 3
3. Elizabeth Warren - Same as Sanders, just not quite as firey
4. Buttigeig - He did fine. A couple of good responses.

Everyone else go home.

Dec 31, 2017
Bernie and Warren won.

Buttigieg did alright as well.

3rd tier was Delaney and Beto.

Marianne remains insane but entertaining.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Beto had a way better debate than last time
So did Bernie
Pete and Warren did about the same

Everyone else is trash, get out of the race.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
1. sanders
2. warren
3. williamson
4. buttigieg
5. delaney (for setting up all the sanders warren moments)
6. ryan
7. o'rourke
8. klobuchar
9. hickenlooper
10. bullock

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. Bernie
2. Warren
3. Buttigieg
4. Doesn't matter

The winners here were the progressive wing of the party. Bernie and Warren defended their polices and showed why they're the way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.