• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is your favorite outfit?

• Miss Guanajuato

Votes: 251 81.0%
  • Not Miss Guanajuato

Votes: 59 19.0%

• Total voters

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Miss Baja California over here looking like Poison Ivy.

rWIWJKa.jpg

In case someone's wondering what the hell is going on; BC is renowned for its vineyards .

Why does she have a shotgun...

There's an actual reason for that: She's evoking the theme of an Adelita. Women who fought during the Mexican Revolution

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Miss Guanajuato was already my lock screen wallpaper for the October theme but I have to give credit to the other ones. I love the creativity on display.

that said, Miss Guanajuato needs to be a protagonist in an action adventure game

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
There's really no contest here, but I wanted to show some appreciation for the runners-up as well. Miss Estado de Mexico and Miss Sinaloa have amazing outfits, especially the headdresses.

This is all just so cool. I'd love to see this kind of thing from other countries too.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Miss Guanajuato has the best costume for sure. Sidenote, tapatia's happen to be the most beautiful women in the world imo

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Miss Durango, Yucatán, Hidalgo, QRoo, and Edomex have my favourite combo of outfit + staging. Miss Michoacán gets a shout out for the amazing decorative elements on the outfit too.

Miss Guanajuato is aight but the Day of the Dead aesthetic is so overused.

They all look great though! Love the idea and any celebration of the great history and culture of my country. :)

Last edited:

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
For those asking about the shotgun, the way weapons are mostly seen in a mexican historical context, is more based in a "we will defend our country against anyone threatening our freedom" than "I'm going to fuck your shit because the constitution allows me to buy a Barret sniper rifle".

Every school has a Revolución Mexicana event and kids are dressed like the peasants who revolted against Porfirio Díaz and they get to carry fake rifles made of wood (that look like a toy). Like any historic event, it's not always black or white when it comes to it, but the context of guns and firearms is quite a lot different than "hell yeah I bought a shotgun from fucking Walmart". And sure is a lot different than the "narcos are cool as fuck when they have their weapons in the open".

Thanks to the fellow user who posted the Adelita reference, I was going for a more general sense of the "why is there a shotgun in there".

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, I'm not surprised that Nuevo León one is so uninspired. Mostly the people running the platform for the Miss Mexico are from the San Pedro area (aka we're only mexicans when it's Grito de Independencia, because we're white as fuck the rest of the year).

Source: I used to cover those Miss Nuevo León events when I was a reporter, they even joke about dressing the girls as "criadas" (cleaning maids)", bunch of assholes.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
guanajuato's costume is definitely the dopest
as a beauty pageant contestant it's probably not the best choice considering we can't see her face

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Michoacán did a good job. The white outfit and fishing theme is pretty accurate I would say. My parents are from that state and I lived there for a few years.

Never been to Campeche but she looks gorgeous in that dress, a higher res version would be cool.

Nayarit is also fire and I'm glad to see black representation for a national contest.

I feel like guanajuato is just trying to appeal to the masses with the noche de muertos theme. It's definitely not exclusive to just that state.

Miss Guerrero looks a little bit too much like an ex I had :'v