• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
not enough spelunky 2 on these lists 😠
I think this lists are just for good games :P

tenor.gif

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TLOU2 seemingly has the year in the bag, and deservedly so.

The tears of the alt-right and incels will only serve to sweeten the victory.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think you should count it more precise. You'll be surprised

Game of the Year Tracker

We're tracking Game of the Year (GOTY) awards from around the world. Discover what media outlets and players voted as the best titles every year.
I am surprised... how right I am?

US Split:

TLOU2 - 12 (10 from outlets, 2 from Player's Choice)
Hades - 11 (all 11 from outlets)

International split:

TLOU2 - 46 (30 from outlets, 16 from Player's Choice)
Hades - 8 (all 8 from outlets)

That ratio is much closer than the rest of the world.

acebeam

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 23, 2020
Split:

TLOU2 - 12 (10 from outlets, 2 from Player's Choice)
Hades - 11 (all 11 from outlets)

International split:

TLOU2 - 46 (30 from outlets, 16 from Player's Choice)
Hades - 8 (all 8 from outlets)

That ratio is much closer than the rest of the world.

You said

.Seems like Hades is sweeping many of the major US based media outlets

That's not sweeping nor some domination in US.

Sweeping is what TLOU 2 is doing in Europe.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gamespew.com

The 20 Best Games of 2020 – GameSpew

With so many excellent games, it's been no easy task, but together, the GameSpew team have come up with their 20 best games of 2020.
alphabetical order:
- Among Us
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Disc Room
- DOOM Eternal
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- If Found…
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- The Last of Us Part II
- Necrobarista
- Neon Abyss
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Star Wars: Squadrons
- Streets of Rage 4
- Tell Me Why
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Welcome to Elk
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Kyle Key

Apr 15, 2018
That's not sweeping nor some domination in US.

Sweeping is what TLOU 2 is doing in Europe.

This really isn't a productive discussion, but they also said "major," which you seem to be ignoring. Changing a statement's qualifiers and then going after your version of what they said is a straw man argument.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

acebeam

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 23, 2020
This really isn't a productive discussion, but they also said "major," which you seem to be ignoring. Changing a statement's qualifiers and then going after your version of what they said is a straw man argument.

Nope. Both are getting GOTY awards from major US outlets. Looks like you're ignoring that. That's far from Hades is sweeping in US in many major outlets . FAR FROM IT
Like i've said in previous post :

"There is no big or small outlets. US is US in my eyes. Therefore, award tracker site/blog don't split outlets on big ones or small ones."
I'm not changing statements. You're doing it. I'm tracking award contest for 10 years or so and for the first time i see on forums how all of a sudden is important which game got the GOTY awards from some big outlets. Looks like TLOU2 is really a pain in the ass for someone. Mind you that i'm glad Hades is winning too. My favorite this year is Tsushima, not TLOU 2, despite GOT is inferior to TLOU 2 in basically everything
2018 award contest was funny. I saw on bunch of forums how some members desperately tried to find GOTY awards for RDR 2. There was no big or small outlets GOTY awards. Just a simple GOTY award.

Last edited:

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Both are getting GOTY awards from major US outlets. Looks like you're ignoring that. That's far from Hades is sweeping in US in many major outlets . FAR FROM IT

"There is no big or small outlets. US is US in my eyes. Therefore, award tracker site/blog don't split outlets on big ones or small ones."
I'm not changing statements. You're doing it. I'm tracking award contest for 10 years or so and for the first time i see on forums how all of a sudden is important which game got the GOTY awards from some big outlets. Looks like TLOU2 is really a pain in the ass for someone. Mind you that i'm glad Hades is winning too. My favorite this year is Tsushima, not TLOU 2, despite GOT is inferior to TLOU 2 in basically everything
2018 award contest was funny. I saw on bunch of forums how some members desperately tried to find GOTY awards for RDR 2. There was no big or small outlets GOTY awards. Just a simple GOTY award.
Jesus what is eating you?

I was just making a simple observation and used "sweeping" as a general term that it is doing much better than elsewhere. I didn't even really mean much by "major" either, just that many of the threads that are popping up here (a heavily US-skewed forum) have had Hades winning so I was surprised that TLOUII had such a big advantage in the count in the OP. Then I theorized and confirmed that the lead is mostly from international outlets.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

...it really isn't that serious

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Hades is sweeping many of the major US based media outlets but TLOU Part II is picking up many international sites and fan votes.
That's def what's happening yeah. PS is a pretty worldwide brand much moreso than Nintendo or MS, so it's games will pick up a lot of sites we don't really know from other countries where PS dominates. It was like this for Death Stranding last year too. People were pointing out how it didn't really win many of the main outlets

Nquoid

Jul 25, 2019
I think you should count it more precise. You'll be surprised

Game of the Year Tracker

We're tracking Game of the Year (GOTY) awards from around the world. Discover what media outlets and players voted as the best titles every year.

Most of Hades wins are from big US sites, Last of Us is sweeping smaller and international publications. Fully expect Hades to win the GDC and Dice award at this point

acebeam

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 23, 2020
Jesus what is eating you?

I was just making a simple observation and used "sweeping" as a general term that it is doing much better than elsewhere. I didn't even really mean much by "major" either, just that many of the threads that are popping up here (a heavily US-skewed forum) have had Hades winning so I was surprised that TLOUII had such a big advantage in the count in the OP. Then I theorized and confirmed that the lead is mostly from international outlets.

...it really isn't that serious

Most of Hades wins are from big US sites, Last of Us is sweeping smaller and international publications. Fully expect Hades to win the GDC and Dice award at this point

Nothing is eating me, lol. Of course it is not that serious. But gamers on forums really love to exaggerate in some way using some words. Sweeping also can be interpret as "killing it", "destroying it" and so on. Hades surely is not doing that in US at major outlets. That's all

Alexander89

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
  • The Last of Us Part II - 53
    • Media Outlets: 37 | Readers' Choice: 16
  • Hades - 18
    • Media Outlets: 18 | Readers' Choice: 0

yep, you can see how hades is overrated by media that want to be cool and not give it to Tlou. Readers choice 0 lol

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TLOU2 is really going to win every readers choice, lol.

You can say that Naughty Dog or Playstation fanbases are really active on this

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Yo so yun gamer: The Last of Us Part II
www.yosoyungamer.com

YSUG Awards 2020: The Last of Us: Part II gana Videojuego del Año

Como estamos acostumbrados a realizar, YSUG Awards están de vuelta en su edición 2020 para resaltar los mejores videojuegos del año.

Yo so yun gamer reader's choice: Ghost of Tsushima
www.yosoyungamer.com

YSUG Awards: Ghost of Tsushima gana Videojuego del Año de la Comunidad

El año 2020 se acaba, pero la industria de videojuegos vio uno de sus mejores años teniendo el mejor trimestre de todos los tiempos.

ActuGaming: Hades
www.actugaming.net

Pourquoi Hades est le jeu de l'année 2020 ?

Des titres de cette trempe, il y en a eu plusieurs cette année, et le choix n'a pas été facile. Après plusieurs débats au sein de la rédaction d'ActuGaming, il n'y en a finalement qu'un qui a été accepté presque à l'unanimité, et c'est pourquoi Hades remporte notre AG Awards du jeu de l'année...

ActuGaming reader's choice: The Last of Us Part II
www.actugaming.net

AG Awards 2020 : voici toutes les récompenses des meilleurs jeux de l'année

Comme chaque année, l'équipe d'ActuGaming et les lecteurs du site récompensent les meilleurs titres sortis durant les douze derniers mois. Les AG Awards 2020 mettent donc en lumière les jeux qui ont le plus marqué cette année, et ce dans de nombreuses catégories. Les lecteurs ont pu voter...

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
or US outlets are just homophobic compared to europe?

lol

------

GamesBeat GOTY is Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
2. Hades
3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
4. Crusader Kings III
5. The Last of Us Part II
6. Astro's Playroom
7. Snowrunner
8. Spider-Man: Miles Morales
9. Ghost of Tsushima
10. Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Kyle Key

Apr 15, 2018
Unboxholics reader's choice: God of War

I remember to have more, but I am too lazy to search more.

Thanks, it's been added, along with Unboxholics readers' choice from 2017 (Horizon) and 2016 (Uncharted 4). God of War is over 200 awards, making it one of only 4 now in the 200+ club (Witcher 3, TLOU, Skyrim and GoW).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
  • The Last of Us Part II - 53
    • Media Outlets: 37 | Readers' Choice: 16
  • Hades - 18
    • Media Outlets: 18 | Readers' Choice: 0

yep, you can see how hades is overrated by media that want to be cool and not give it to Tlou. Readers choice 0 lol
Obviously the indie game isn't gonna win readers choice over big mega PlayStation AAA exclusive lol, the same thing happened last year with DS

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Percentage yeah so far, but the fist game faced GTAV and Bioshock Infinite,as good as Hades is, it's not the same competition, GTA V was a huge mountain to climb and the first game bested by a good margin.
We all assumed Cyberpunk would be that game, and it would be a bloodbath between TLoU 2 and Cyberpunk.
Last time we had 2 titans head to head was RDR2 VS GoW.
We might have next year if BoTW 2 and GoW 2 come out in 2021.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Playing through TLoU2 again and it is probably my choice. Wasn't as much a fan of the first game all said and done, although I was impressed by it and generally enjoyed it. This one just elevates the gameplay substantially, the visual design is just impeccal, performances and dialogue are great, and they took some risks with the narrative. Its ND's best game and they have had many great ones.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like if there's any game gayer than last of us part 2 it's clearly Hades
lol

------

GamesBeat GOTY is Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

1. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
2. Hades
3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
4. Crusader Kings III
5. The Last of Us Part II
6. Astro's Playroom
7. Snowrunner
8. Spider-Man: Miles Morales
9. Ghost of Tsushima
10. Yakuza: Like a Dragon

finally someone makes the right choice

Magio

Apr 14, 2020

Huh, I dunno about that.

GDC and DICE are voted for by WILDLY different crowds than US outlets, or any media outlet for that matter. None of the awards we've seen so far really indicate where DICE and GDC will land.

OP
OP
BrickArts295

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I dunno about that.

GDC and DICE are voted for by WILDLY different crowds than US outlets, or any media outlet for that matter. None of the awards we've seen so far really indicate where DICE and GDC will land.
DICE and GDC tend to closely follow the Overall GOTY winner pretty closely. So I'm pretty confident it will be Last of Us Part II with Hades as a Dark Horse.
On the other hand, Untitled Goose winning both last year has basically become a roadblock for predictions, at this rate it could literally be anyone 😂

BAFTAs tend to either go for very popular games (TLOU2) or very unique indies (Hades). Since they are British, I guess they'll go for TLOU2 am I right? 😉