• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017

OLED55BX, OLED65BX, OLED77CX, OLED65CX, OLED55CX, OLED48CX, OLED55EX, OLED65EX, OLED65WX, OLEX77WX, OLED65ZX, OLED77ZX, OLED88ZX

48-zoll-oled-lg_fb.jpg

48" C series! I was hoping for ~42 for the bedroom but I think this bodes well for the future. No details on whether they're top-emission or QD-OLEDs but I doubt the latter. Top emission has been rumored for awhile to happen in 2020.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Finally, some LG leaks. Not expecting much in upgrades outside of a small brightness bump and 8K.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
You can buy a new B7/8/9 TVs for under 1000€ in Germany. So I guess a 48inch will be 100€ cheaper than that at Black Friday.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Odd that the 48 is a 'c' model. Might make pricing after drops tight between 48cx and 55bx. Bigger always better unless you literally can't fit a larger panel so will be partly down to differences in processing

z series guessing 8k?

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
TCL has oled models? Anyway, I think 2020 will be the year I jump into an oled as one of the displays for my pc.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So this confirms that I will be waiting for the 8k upgrade. Knew this would be coming.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I have a 40" in my office. It's about perfect, so I had been hoping for a 43" OLED. 55 is just too big. But at the right price, 48 will just have to do.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I meant QLED, whatever the difference is lol. I'm not a big tech savvy guy. Just looking for a TV with nice HDR since my current 4K doesn't do a great job at it.

Just as an aside, despite just one letter difference, OLED and QLED are actually massively different. If you do plan on getting a new TV any time soon, I highly suggest reading up on it.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome! I hate that manufacturers don't prioritize smaller sizes these days.

The best display under 50" is over a dozen years old at this point- Pioneer PDP-4280 (Panasonic never made their flagship plasmas under 55" and none of the LCDs under 50" were worth a thing).

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does anyone know if adjacent tech like new consoles tends to drive pricing down further? A lot of features that I find appealing and would use all the time have been introduced since I bought the B7 and I kind of want them for next gen, notably the better image quality in Game mode specifically, Game/Cinema auto swapping based on content output, VRR, and the boosted bandwidth of HDMI 2.1. But that was a big investment for me, so hoping maybe knowing more devices are entering the market with hot demand might make prices come down to make it a more appealing purchase?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What is a 'top emission' panel?

'I think - current panels have the light emission at the back so they have to push through various layers before coming out where you can see them. That reduces efficiency and also fill factor (less of the screen area is pixel bs electronics). top emission is designed to bring the light emission part to the front to increase efficiency a lot.

'this *could* be used to increase brightness, but there is also a suggestion that it is used at least partly to increase panel life so the pixels don't age as much (reduced chance of 'burn in')

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
40" or 43" is the perfect pixel density for 4k. An OLED at that size has been my dream PC monitor for a while now assuming they can fix the burn-in issues.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
So ready for a 77CX. I had a 65C9 that I had to return due to issues I couldn't accept (and unwilling to play the panel lottery). Absolutely stunning TV even coming from a Panasonic Plasma. Been waiting for the 77CX.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
I currently have a 65" X900E. Great TV but I'm hoping that I'll upgrade to a 77" OLED shortly before the gen starts. These new models and sizes seem to bode well that the 2019 models will be on sale for a decent price. 2019's 77" LG OLED is $5,000 which is pretty expensive. Hoping I can get it for around $3,500.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I'll most likely get the 77" GX one. Hopefully, its a crystal sound OLED screen so it can be just a bit more thinner.
I want a 77", but someone please remind me of the difference between a CX, WX, and ZX.
The CX is the mid end model like the C9 model that's available right now, the WX is a "wallpaper" tv that has the OLED screen itself hang on the wall and has the rest of the components and I/O in a separate soundbar, the ZX model will be the highest end one with an 8K screen and will most likely have its own stand like the Z9.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe these will get bright enough for HDR.

I honestly can't tell the difference between the HDR on my C9 and the "HDR" on my tertiary 49-inch Toshiba that ran me $149 last year.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I hope 4K stays around for a good while, I don't see the need for 8K really for home. Plus scaling everything up won't be as good.. I'll keep my old 1080 and 720 panels around I guess though..

I think end of this year I'll look to get whatever LG has out, go for the top end 4K set.