• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Man...I played two of my favorite games of all-time back to back between TLOU2 and Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's TLOU2 by a wide, wide margin. It's easily the greatest game I've ever played.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly got depressed thinking about this

for as many high profile releases there has been this year in what has to be the most stacked first 6 months of the year in gaming ever there's been a ton of disappointments or game's that were just ok or fell flat with me

p5 Royal I guess

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I was going to say Resident Evil 2 until I realized that was last year...

But yes, TLoU 2. Interestingly enough, the game has reminded me of RE2 and Evil Within 2 a lot. It's amazing how you can think of it as a third-person survival horror title, unless that's exactly how it's supposed to be looked at.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FF7 Remake at the moment.

As great as tlou2 is i just can't get over the major plot point in the beginning that sets the scene for the rest of the game, what they pulled is a huge pile of shit tbh. I'm still playing it i think i'm half way through so maybe my mind changes.

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing: New Horizons in first, way ahead of anything else.

If I hadn't already played The Outer Worlds last year on PS4, I would put it second after playing it again on Switch, but barring that, I'd have to think about what I'd put at second.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am probably 25% into TLOU2 and it is already it based on gameplay alone. Best playing TPS since MGS5.

SleazyHyena

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake. Never played the original, but really enjoyed what I got so far.
I thought it'd be TLOU2 but... yeah. Holding my breath for Cyberpunk or Halo to blow me away, but FF7R is where I'm currently standing.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go with FF7 Remake. Right place right time for that game for me. Sadly fell off the other games under consideration. Close 2nd is Streets of Rage 4

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
It's a toss up between TLOU2 and FFVII Remake for me. TLOU2 is undoubtedly a better crafted game, but that nostalgia and the feels for those characters and how they made arguably the best battle system in the series to date, with the remake, has it knocking on the door for me also.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
The Last of Us Part II by far, its a masterpiece and one of the best games of the generation. FF7 Remake is also fantastic and deserves a shoutout, but its been well and truly trumped. I suppose AC rounds off my current top 3 of the year.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Doom Eternal with Huntdown and Moving Out getting honorable indie mentions. About half way through TLOU2 and not feeling the gameplay gelling with the story like I would want. Also played Doom 64 for the first time with the re-release and goddamn!

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a poll could be added with the big GOTY contenders of this year thus far?

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Doom Eternal
Half-Life: Alyx
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last of Us Part 2

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Both because it's a really great game (I've logged in 335 hours and I'm probably going to invest way more by the end of the year), but also because it was - quite literally - a shelter for people around the world amidst this pandemic. That's gotta count for something, lol

digifire

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say Clubhouse Games but honestly that is mostly thanks to how cool Shogi has turned out to be, so I'll go with HL: Alyx.

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
Doom Eternal by virtue of it being the only 2020 game I played and finished...

Xenoblade Chronicles: DE might replace it tho.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us 2

FF7 Remake runner up

Also shout out to R3make, I liked that it was short 💁‍♂️

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
TLOU2. I thought I had had enough of the TLOU formula after playing 1 a few times and thinking that game was a bit overrated, but boy I was wrong and how they made this game so immersive is almost beyond me. I finished it over the weekend, and I'm still riding the high this game left me with.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
1. Final Fantasy VII Remake
2. Streets of Rage 4
...To be continued.

Haven't played The Last of Us Part II beyond a 3-hour preview last year, but it has quite the mountain to climb to eclipse my experience with FFVIIR.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just realized, aside from RE3, I did not enjoy a single big release so far. Maybe I need a break from gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy VII: Remake but as I am coming up to about what feels like 3/4 into TLoU Part II that may well pip it depending on this final few hours.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, probably Ori 2. Absolutely stellar sequel. Also, not many new games have caught my eye yet this year..

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Sometimes modern type games feel like too much commitment, almost like work so I've gravitated to less intensive stuff, Streets of Rage or Clubhouse Games my fav so far.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Doom Eternal is my game of the year so far.

It's the best first-person shooter I've ever played, full stop.

Was hoping it would be TLOU II but that one has been a major dissapointment.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I don't have a game of the year so far. Waiting for Doom Eternal to hit Game pass eventually. Not played TLOU2 as I'm just not into that kind of setting - not good for my anxiety.

I think the only new thing I've played was Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox. And it's completely ruined by frame pacing issues.

Looking at my most played list during lockdown it's Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7, and Gran Turismo Sport.