• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Just wanted a list of exclusives for myself but then thought I'd share since I might miss something y'all will catch. Don't come at me with that its also on PC so its not exclusive stuff just let others enjoy things you go enjoy things too.

Playstation
- Last of Us 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Iron Man VR
- Godfall
- Bluepoint Remake (Most likely Demon Souls)
- MLB the Show 20
- Dreams
- Predator Hunting Grounds

Xbox
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Grounded
- Bleeding Edge
- Tell me Why (At least episode 1 of 3)
- Halo Infinite
- Gears Tactics? (Is this confirmed console 2020?)
- Senua's Saga Hellblade 2 (Not confirmed yet mixed reports)

Anything I'm missing that's confirmed 2020, I know some of these games are launching on PS4 and Xbox One but being that they launch in the same year, something as simple as small delay could make them "launch titles" so we're arguing semantics at that point. Let's go with launch year.

Edit: asked for title change since it seems clear the thread is gonna derailed over the title

Last edited:

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
but we dont even know for sure if we can play any of those on PS5 and how smooth the transition will be from Xbox One to Series X (outside of Halo which is a launch title)

edit: wouldnt a better launch year timeframe be Nov 2020 --> Nov 2021 (if of course Nov is when they come out)

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of those "PS5 Exclusives" are also on PS4...

The Xbox list is missing Senua's Saga.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't recognise all those name, but I only see one actual named next gen exclusive there (and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up on PS4 too).

Edit: I presume Hellblade 2 will be on PC/Steam too. I don't think they actually said it wouldn't be on Xbox One either. They got Hellblade running well on Switch, I'd be very surprised if they couldn't get the sequel running on Xbox One too.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anything I'm missing that's confirmed 2020, I know some of these games are launching on PS4 and Xbox One but being that they launch in the same year, something as simple as small delay could make them "launch titles" so we're arguing semantics at that point. Let's go with launch year.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread, though. Also MLB The Show 21 will likely be on all platforms.

This is the actual list of confirmed exclusive (excluding PC as you said) launch titles:

PlayStation 5
- Godfall

Xbox Series X
- N/A (previously listed Halo: Infinite, but also on Xbox One as pointed out by LewieP)

I'd also guess that Bluepoint Games' PS5 title is Demon's Souls / planned for launch, but there's no confirmation of that yet.

They come out launch year, ps4 bc is confirmed for PS5, it aint that serious, its a playstation exclusive

Sure, and that's great, but the point of PS5 and Xbox Series X-exclusive titles is that they're supposed to be titles that would entice you to buy the platform. If I already have a PS4, I won't need to buy a PS5 to play The Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. Of course I can play those on PS5, but that wouldn't be my reason for buying the system.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread, though. Also MLB The Show 21 will likely be on all platforms.

This is the actual list of confirmed exclusive (excluding PC as you said) launch titles:

PlayStation 5
- Godfall

Xbox Series X
- Halo: Infinite

I'd also guess that Bluepoint Games' PS5 title is Demon's Souls / planned for launch, but there's no confirmation of that yet.
Halo is on Xbox One too.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I wonder if Sony first-party will have any other big titles planned for PS5 launch, or Demon Souls is it. Would be a weird choice, but the people buying a PS5 at launch probably would have bought one at launch anyway regardless of what is actually available for the system.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

PlayStation 5
- Godfall

Xbox Series X
- N/A (previously listed Halo: Infinite, but also on Xbox One as pointed out by LewieP)

Sure, and that's great, but the point of PS5 and Xbox Series X-exclusive titles is that they're supposed to be titles that would entice you to buy the platform. If I already have a PS4, I won't need to buy a PS5 to play The Last of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. Of course I can play those on PS5, but that wouldn't be my reason for buying the system.
Yea I asked for title change, I just want to see a full list of exclusives and since multiple people agree with you I edited it

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Was Bluepoint's game confirmed for launch? I know the assumption is that it will be because it's openly been talked about and because by late 2020 it's been in development for well over 2,5 years but I don't recall Sony confirming it for launch.
I wonder if Sony first-party will have any other big titles planned for PS5 launch, or Demon Souls is it. Would be a weird choice, but the people buying a PS5 at launch probably would have bought one at launch anyway regardless of what is actually available for the system.
There's been a rumor for quite a while now that Insomniac was/is working on a R&C game for PS4, but with that still not being announced it might have been moved to PS5.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
They must, I'm sure there's a couple games we have no clue about.

Oct 26, 2017

Rachet & Clank + Japan Studio new title and Demon Souls Remake + some third party moneyhats like Godfall.

It's too early for Santa Monica, Guerrilla and Spider-Ma, also Sucker Punch, MM, Naughty Dog are releasing a game in 2020.

There is nothing left from the big AAA WWS studios.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Rachet & Clank + Japan Studio new title and Demon Souls Remake.

It's too early for Santa Monica and Guerrilla and Spider-Man
Sucker Punch, MM, Naughty Dog are releasing a game in 2020

There is nothing left from the big AAA WWS studios.
I'm not expecting it but I wouldn't rule out GT7, by the time the PS5 launches it will have been 3 years since Sport.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not expecting it but I wouldn't rule out GT7, by the time the PS5 launches it will have been 3 years since Sport.

Aren't they still supporting GT Sport?
I guess a PS5 SKU with all GT Sport updates on one disc is a possibility, but i doubt GT7 is going to be ready by Holiday 2020 when they are still supporting GT Sport but i might be wrong.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Hopefully not Knack 3 XD

The Knack team has got to be doing Ape Escape, the teases are too blatant

Won't be a huge game but it will cover the family-friendly demographic

I'm not feeling HZD2 at launch anymore. Probably within the first year, though.
If Last of Us 2 had come out this year I would've said Horizon 2 could be launch but I think that gets them extra time since Sony has to balance everyones release date

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you're missing that predator game.

i'm a little confused about the premise of the thread. is it games released in 2020 on ps4/xbo and/or on their successors, a lot of them also on PC, but not available on xbo if it's on ps4 and not on ps4 if it's on xbo? that's some super specific critera to make a list of games.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
The majority of games in both lists will be out before next-gen consoles. Not seeing the point of this thread personally.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
"Games that are not releasing on either the PS5 or the Xbox SeX specifically, every other platform doesn't count" is what you're looking for.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Aren't they still supporting GT Sport?
I guess a PS5 SKU with all GT Sport updates on one disc is a possibility, but i doubt GT7 is going to be ready by Holiday 2020 when they are still supporting GT Sport but i might be wrong.
They are, but if the studio is properly managed there's no reason they can't do both at the same time.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
you're missing that predator game.

i'm a little confused about the premise of the thread. is it games released in 2020 on ps4/xbo and/or on their successors, a lot of them also on PC, but not available on xbo if it's on ps4 and not on ps4 if it's on xbo? that's some super specific critera to make a list of games.
You mean the one for ps4 and pc?