• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Kissing her on the neck and smelling her hair is not treating her like he was Grandpa. It's just creepy af.

Kissed her hair on the back of her head, and yes, I just watched my wife's grandpa do the same thing to her this summer. It is creepy for a stranger to do, absolutely, but nowhere near disqualifying.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Kissed her hair on the back of her head, and yes, I just watched my wife's grandpa do the same thing to her this summer. It is creepy for a stranger to do, absolutely, but nowhere near disqualifying.
Why are you comparing someone's grandpa to Biden? IS Biden senile? Did you think it was also ok for that boxer to kiss that reporter without permission?

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

This is the kind of messaging I really appreciate Bernie spreading. It's appalling that billionaires aren't satisfied with their wealth. They feel the need to squeeze the rest of society for the last bit of profit.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): Dismissing concerns of sexual harassment over a series of posts.
What the fuck is this.

I would highly suggest working with or spending time with people in their 70s or older. This is absolutely normal behavior in their age group.

Nowhere did I say it was right for a stranger to do this to someone they didn't know, so let's not start that garbage.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Still a creep. Hopefully this article is coming from establishment signaling they're done with him.

giphy.gif

It's time to move on to something better, folks.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Why are you comparing someone's grandpa to Biden? IS Biden senile? Did you think it was also ok for that boxer to kiss that reporter without permission?

Again, I didn't anywhere say it was acceptable behavior--just nothing that should disqualify him from running at this point. Let the voters decide.

And that boxer was clearly out of line.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden runs for President, his legacy is gnna be trashed and I bet you Trump is gnna start calling him Creepy Joe and bring up instances of him touching women without even thinking about his actions and we all know Trumps supporters don't care.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I would highly suggest working with or spending time with people in their 70s. This is absolutely normal behavior in their age group.

Nowhere did I say it was right for a stranger to do this to someone they didn't know, so let's not start that garbage.
Stop fucking dismissing these accusations. A grown man smelling hair and kissing someone he doesn't know without permission is sexual assault and it's absolutely disqualifying.

This is not normal behavior and it's not dependent on age. Just stop.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Again, I didn't anywhere say it was acceptable behavior--just nothing that should disqualify him from running at this point. Let the voters decide.
I'm pretty sure nobody is going to stop him from running, up to the voters is kind of what we're talking about here. Nobody should want to vote for this creepiness. If he's too old to know boundaries, and understand that times change, he probably shouldn't be president unless he can time travel back to "the 70s".

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah I think the whole being married thing makes it a whole hell of a lot different than Biden's behavior. like, night and day difference. like, the difference between unwanted sexual advances from a fucking serial creepo and a husband being loving to his wife. there's no comparison here and I'm puzzled why this post even exists pretending there is one.

also it should absolutely be disqualifying, it's disgusting behavior and it's been a habit for him

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"It wasn't acceptable" equates to dismissing these accusations? On what planet?
Let me refresh your memory:
I would highly suggest working with or spending time with people in their 70s or older. This is absolutely normal behavior in their age group.
Just wow. No it isn't. Smelling a random person's hair and kissing the back of their head is not "normal behavior" for anyone.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
yeah I think the whole being married thing makes it a whole hell of a lot different than Biden's behavior. like, night and day difference. like, the difference between unwanted sexual advances from a fucking serial creepo and a husband being loving to his wife. there's no comparison here and I'm puzzled why this post even exists pretending there is one.

Read my other posts before you jump to conclusions. It wasnt acceptable, and I have said that repeatedly.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you know what you're doing by saying that kind of behavior isn't disqualifying for a presidential candidate?

you're accepting it

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
You're dismissing it by saying it's normal for people in this age range. No it fucking isn't. It's not normal for anyone of any age. Read your posts.

It is normal for people in that age range to do this. I've led groups of students who worked in nursing homes. I've spent time there. This is absolutely something that happens on a regular basis. Yes, it is creepy. But for some reason that generation feels it is normal.

I dont like it. I feel like it is a liability for a guy like Biden to run because of this stuff.

you know what you're doing by saying that kind of behavior isn't disqualifying for a presidential candidate?

you're accepting it

This is absolutely absurd.

When I say it isnt disqualifying, I mean literally anyone should run who wants to. Doesn't mean I'll vote for him (I'm a Beto and Harris guy), and this stuff makes me like him less. Let the voters decide and disqualify him through lack of votes.

Deleted member 10224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie is 1yr older and he ain't kissing anyone or acting creepy lol I've seen grandpa dudes do this shit with their family members, but never just random women. This is just a creepy dude who knows he can push the limits because of his "uncle Joe" persona. He knows he can get away with it so he does it.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
By normal he means "common" or "typical", not that this is morally justified etiquette in broad society.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It is normal for people in that age range to do this. I've led groups of students who worked in nursing homes. I've spent time there. This is absolutely something that happens on a regular basis. Yes, it is creepy. But for some reason that generation feels it is normal.

I dont like it. I feel like it is a liability for a guy like Biden to run because of this stuff.
Just because you've seen it happen doesn't mean it's normal.

Again, you're dismissing the accusations of this woman by telling her "this is normal behavior, it happens".

That is a dismissal, full stop.
By normal he means "common" or "typical", not that this is proper etiquette in broader society.
It gives people like Biden an out. It's an (unjustified) excuse and it helps perpetuate sexual abuse.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Apparently to some being 70 is too old to know that kissing women without permission is acceptable, but not too old to run for the damn president of the country. Trump is 70. I wonder if this excuses his behavior as well?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden 2020: "It's like visiting a nursing home"

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently to some being 70 is too old to know that kissing women without permission is acceptable, but not too old to run for the damn president of the country. Trump is 70. I wonder if this excuses his behavior as well?
It's more like the older you are, the more likely you will be operating from a boomer/silent mindset rather than a modern mindset, the world was very different 50 years ago, and people don't really keep up with generational trends around abstract concepts like "personal space".

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017

Again, you're dismissing the accusations of this woman by telling her "this is normal behavior, it happens".

It gives people like Biden an out. It's an (unjustified) excuse and it helps perpetuate sexual abuse.

Normal and right are two different things, the poster is saying that it is common not that its okay.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's more like the older you are, the more likely you will be operating from a boomer/silent mindset rather than a modern mindset, the world was very different 50 years ago, and people don't really keep up with generational trends around abstract concepts like "personal space".
Yes, just like Biden used to have different views about race and segregation. And if he STILL had those views instead of changing, he shouldn't be running.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Normal and right are two different things, the poster is saying that it is common not that its okay.
He's dismissing the accusation by saying "it's normal for people in this age range". No it isn't. Smelling hair and kissing on the back of the head is not normal behavior.

He explicitly said we shouldn't be done with Biden because of this reason.

It's the fucking definition of dismissal.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is just another bullshit excuse that perpetuates the power imbalance between abusers and their victims.
No, it's more like boomers are just generally gross people with gross normative behavior. You won't see me defending their stuff, I'm just trying to explain why it happens.

Stuff like Pence calling his wife "mother", that kind of thing. We had thread recently about sexual harassment from older women towards younger men where to the older woman it seems "okay" and the younger men don't know if to cut the older women some slack or to put their foot down.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No, it's more like boomers are just generally gross people with gross normative behavior you won't see me defending their stuff, I'm just trying to explain why it happens.

Stuff like Pence calling his wife "mother", that kind of thing. We had thread recently about sexual harassment from older women towards younger men where to the older woman it seems "okay" and the younger men don't know if to cut the older women some slack or to put their foot down.
So,

You think it's cool for it to not disqualify Biden because "it's normal for people his age to do"? That was the original argument.

That is a dismissal of her accusation.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

I am contacting her to thank her for sharing her story and flat out tell her it wasnt right and she needs to demand an apology, so let's cool it with the "you're excusing sexual abuse" stuff.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I am contacting her to thank her for sharing her story and flat out tell her it wasnt right and she needs to demand an apology, so let's cool it with the "you're excusing sexual abuse" stuff.
Are you going to include the part where you explain to her that this is just something 70 years olds do and that he should still be able to run for president?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nah.
He treated her like he was her grandpa. Problem is he isn't her grandpa. It isnt something he should do, but let's wait a bit before discarding him over something like this.
This is bullshit and you're dismissing her accusation with this post, contact her if you want, but I am calling this out

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You think it's cool for it to not disqualify Biden because "it's normal for people his age to do"? That was the original argument.
I didn't check that far back in the chain, and no, I think Biden would get raked over the coals for it if/when he runs and it's one of the things I dislike about him and like about Bernie. He's also an old coot but he's kept up with the times better than Biden has.

Actually looking at the context of this back and forth more closely, this is the exact kind of thing I knew was coming because I had a pretty good idea that Biden's behavior wouldn't pass muster in a post-#metoo world.

They are part of the same generation and same culture group that runs up against #metoo. They are the generation of Bill Maher and comprise most of Bill Maher's audience. They run the video game industry and love gays and minorities and feminism, but, until recently, most game protagonists were 30-40 male Caucasians and they never thought it was weird or strange and simply thought "this is the way of the world".

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

"tactile"..ugh.
This obviously crosses a line and she is probably not going to be the only person that brings these transgressions to light and speaks out about them.
There's no validating this behavior for a person, let alone a Democrat presidential candidate. Maybe he can run as a Republican.
This guy was the bottom of my list and was only there as the if it had to be an octogenarian with name recognition choice.
Time to cross him off. No presidency for old men.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Nah.

This is bullshit and you're dismissing her accusation with this post, contact her if you want, but I am calling this out

Believe what you want to believe, I don't care. Nowhere did I dismiss her accusations. Nowhere. She says in her article that she wasnt accusing him of a crime but if she felt it was, I'd be in full support of her filing those charges. Enough with this BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.