• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
134352914_10160562800578989_7777057901772256745_o.jpg

Last night we come home from taking our little pup, who we got in October, for a walk. Lo and behold there's a random Husky in our front yard. Friendly, no collar, no neighbors we know of ever had this guy so he's just a random stray. Took him to our vet to check for a micro chip this morning but no chip. They think he's about a year old, he feels very healthy and clean. We put the word out to shelters around us and we'll put out some Found signs. If the option is shelter or he stays with us though.... I think we just got a second dog. What a crazy crazy year.

134708998_10160562800718989_1254342679148629815_o.jpg

And here's our other baby Ammy who may now have a brother. We'll see!

134266966_10160562838718989_7721213133317277157_o.jpg

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Aww he's so cute. I'm sure he'd love having a sibling with your other dog.

Happy to see you got a good surprise. :)

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Colour me shocked you got something good out of this trashtastic year. Congrats OP. They're both cute AF.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, glad this wasn't a dead dog thread.

I'm sure you already know this, but huskies require a lot of activity, so hopefully this is compatible with your lifestyle if you decide to keep him.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Good for you. One more dog and you can weather those three dog nights.

( Back in the day, on really cold nights three dogs were called into the bed to keep the owner from freezing to death. )

OP
OP

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That's a 2020 curveball I can support. The dog is really beautiful too, does he respond to commands?
He does. He's very very well behaved. He has to be someone's but it's so impossible to know how far he traveled. We're doing what we can to find the owners but it's frustrating without a chip let alone a collar. He's also not snipped, so I almost feel time is of the essence to figure everything out.... Because our little girl isn't fixed yet either since she's not fully grown. She's 4 1/2 months old but we aren't supposed to get her spayed until a couple more months, preferably before a first heat.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah, glad this wasn't a dead dog thread.

I'm sure you already know this, but huskies require a lot of activity, so hopefully this is compatible with your lifestyle if you decide to keep him.
He will absolutely be an adventure pup :) The two already love running around with each other in the back yard too.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that the type of home to have a seemingly healthy, well-trained, well-behaved husky would also not collar/chip it or just abandon it. Now you have to figure out his name!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Omg I almost exited the thread immediately after seeing the dog because I can't handle pet stuff, so glad it wasn't what I thought it was.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
I got a puppy in 2020 after years and years of wanting a dog. Finally convinced my wife and my kids were pumped. I should have known 2020 would fuck with me and it turns out this awesome all black German Shepherd is urinary incontinent! So she wears diapers 24/7 while inside.
Looking at getting surgery to help her but that is a big risk for her and not to mention the cost and travel time (12 hour drive).

Congrats on the puppy OP. Even though mine has had her struggles she really is my best little friend and gets along really really well with my kids.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
We had a cat move in with us a few years back, it kept rocking up multiple times a day, staying for a few hours, then coming back after a few hours etc. Eventually it stayed for a couple of days. We had a cat flap from the previous tenant, it would literally go out to go to the toilet and come straight back in.

After those couple of days we thought we'd better go to the vet, took us ages to get it into the box the vets lent us, and it turned out it belonged to our neighbour (who we'd never spoken to - London, innit) who lived three doors down.

Cats are funny fuckers, when I was a kid ours disappeared for weeks, and it rocked up one day with stitches in it's abdomen, wanting food. Then our elderly next door neighbour came around and said she'd taken it to the vets as it had a hernia.

My mum was pretty fucked off with our neighbour, but she said if the cat wants to stay with her and she wants it, then she can have it. Our neighbour was happy with that and I literally never saw the cat again and we lived in that house for another six or seven years.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
ahhhhhhhhhhhHHHHOUUUUGHHHRRAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaHHHHHHHuuuuuuuuuuuuoooooooooooooooooooAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

temperamental huskies have hijacked my youtube algorithm lately