• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a good sound bar system for my B7 oled...any good recommendations with black friday? Was considering Vizio on sale for 299 or maybe paying more for JBL 9.1 or Samsung 800T or 850T (what is the difference?)...or something else anyone recommends?
I just picked up this Vizio 5.1 system and I'm really liking it, especially for the price. Not sure what you're used to but it's obviously a giant leap over TV speakers and the surround is excellent. It might not be quite the high-end setup you're looking for though.

I had issues with audio delay at first, but I believe it's the TV. I also have a B7 and fixed the issue with my PS5 by using optical rather than the TV's ARC HDMI port.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I just picked up this Vizio 5.1 system and I'm really liking it, especially for the price. Not sure what you're used to but it's obviously a giant leap over TV speakers and the surround is excellent. It might not be quite the high-end setup you're looking for though.

I had issues with audio delay at first, but I believe it's the TV. I also have a B7 and fixed the issue with my PS5 by using optical rather than the TV's ARC HDMI port.
EDIT: I ended up going with the $299 one from best buy with atmos...hope it works out ha :)

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Star Wars Squadrons since it's cheaper on PS4 to play on PS5.

I'm hoping for a deal on a RG350 or 351.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017

Just got this sound bar via Costco. Got a super budgeted one years back so looking forward to have one that have a subwoofer.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
My haul from Best Buy has been:

Persona 5 Royal
The Outerworlds
Nier Automata: Game of the Yorha Edition (had the original release back in 2017 but sold it)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 on Switch. Have it on PS4 but want a portable version.
Trials of Mana (Remake) on Switch

Not bad.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Same here man. Got both next-gen consoles and a bunch of games from Black Friday sales, now I'm thinking about getting a new TV.

Problem is I don't have the time to play all these games, but it feels so good to buy and own new games. xD
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I'm no longer a single dude with no kids so time to play is just limited. I'm waiting on new consoles, but If I had more money/time, I probably would have tried to pick one up.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Where can I get these coupons?
Apologies, I confused cdkeys with Eneba. It's been showing on slickdeals recently, here's one example

slickdeals.net

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (Digital Delivery) $29

Eneba has 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (Digital Delivery) on sale for $29.51 -> now $29.05 after discount code PSTHANKSGIVING. Thanks BruinnnNote, must apply the listed discount code ...

Or this a little older

slickdeals.net

Eneba Discount Code | Game Coupon | Jun 2021

Use this valid Eneba Discount Code today. See all 7 Eneba coupon, promo, discount, deals & free shipping codes for Jun 2021.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies, I confused cdkeys with Eneba. It's been showing on slickdeals recently, here's one example

slickdeals.net

Eneba has 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (Digital Delivery) on sale for $29.51 -> now $29.05 after discount code PSTHANKSGIVING. Thanks BruinnnNote, must apply the listed discount code ...

Or this a little older

slickdeals.net

Use this valid Eneba Discount Code today. See all 7 Eneba coupon, promo, discount, deals & free shipping codes for Jun 2021.
Thanks.

pepperono

Nov 12, 2017
Two questions about GamePass:

1) For every 3 month card I redeem, can I get a bonus month for turning on auto renew which essentially makes them all 4 month cards?
2) If the answer to #1 is yes, do I have to turn off auto renew before I redeem a code to turn on auto renew?

Also, I added the Nintendo eShop and GMG digital game sale links to the OP. I was out for the most of the day yesterday so catching back up on what else needs to be updated.
I added 2 sets of 3 month Gamepass, didn't turn off auto-renew before adding the second card.

Both of them added an extra month to my sub so I got 8 months extra added.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

slickdeals.net

Or this a little older

slickdeals.net

Fuck it, bout time I buy this, can't deny the insane value the PS plus collection is

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How long do those slickdeals PSN codes last? Till Xmas? At $30 I can buy them as Xmas gifts instead of buying a $60 card in walmart.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I added 2 sets of 3 month Gamepass, didn't turn off auto-renew before adding the second card.

Both of them added an extra month to my sub so I got 8 months extra added.

Awesome, thanks! That makes it a lot easier to redeeming these. Man, so it's really $68.97 a year or $5.75 a month for GPU. That's one hell of a deal.

Edit: Doh, my second redemption only gave me 3 months...

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck it, bout time I buy this, can't deny the insane value the PS plus collection is
Yea..I actually bought one to share with a friend but we put it on her account. It's such a good value I think I might just buy another for my own account so I can redeem games on mine lol

How long do those slickdeals PSN codes last? Till Xmas? At $30 I can buy them as Xmas gifts instead of buying a $60 card in walmart.
Do you mean the sale price or the code itself? I see the $30 prices like every week I think.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea..I actually bought one to share with a friend but we put it on her account. It's such a good value I think I might just buy another for my own account so I can redeem games on mine lol

Do you mean the sale price or the code itself? I see the $30 prices like every week I think.
The code itself.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I played a good chunk of these games, and yet it's still undeniably worth it at $30 lol

Also my friend just bought FighterZ, so perfect excuse to get it now anyways

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any deals for Dirt 5 on Playstation 4 or 5? Looks like $50 is the best price ive seen so far.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
My haul so far:
Dragonball Z Kakarot
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Godfall
GT Sport
Sackboy
Demons Souls
Spider-Man
Horizon Complete Edition

and

upgraded my center channel speaker to a Klipsch RP-500C
Upgraded my receiver to a Denon x4700h, 4K/120hz or 8k/60hz compatible
Upgraded my two towers from Polk S55 to Klipsch Rp-8000F
and got a bunch of 4K Blu-rays

also I have a launch PS5 and XSX

overall probably $4000 worth of stuff. The debt is worth it, because now it sounds like I'm literally getting shot in all directions in Destiny 2 lol.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Here's my Black Friday Haul as far as Gaming/Electronics are concerned at this moment

(There's other stuff I bought but its mostly clothes)

Some prices are higher cause I bought them early and decided to keep them cause I didnt feel like going to the store to refund them and re-buy them.

Others are lower prices cause I used certificates and gift cards that were stored up.

ZWIdOq7.jpg

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Yea when I searched Target I got a bunch of vacuum cleaners lol

Target has an annoying thing where if something is out of stock, searching for it will result in it not finding it in their search results. When you want to find something like that, it's best to Google what you're looking for and Target and you'll get the item page like this:

DIRT 5 - PlayStation 4

Read reviews and buy DIRT 5 - PlayStation 4 at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

DIRT 5 - Xbox One

Read reviews and buy DIRT 5 - Xbox One at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Here's my Black Friday Haul as far as Gaming/Electronics are concerned at this moment

(There's other stuff I bought but its mostly clothes)

Some prices are higher cause I bought them early and decided to keep them cause I didnt feel like going to the store to refund them and re-buy them.

Others are lower prices cause I used certificates and gift cards that were stored up.

ZWIdOq7.jpg
MUA3 got its first ever sale on the Eshop right now. And who knows when it'll happen again. If you're interested

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
MUA3 got its first ever sale on the Eshop right now. And who knows when it'll happen again. If you're interested

Yeah I saw that....but the price seem a bit too steep for me at this time especially since I havent played the first two (which I have on steam before it got delisted and I plan to play them).

I'm kinda limited on disposable income after all these purchases and planning to use the remaining that I have for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + DLC, Mario+Rabbids Gold Edition and Tokyo Mirage FE which are also on sale.

I'll get it down the line somehow lol.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that Gamestop also has where you buy 2 $29.99+ new games you can get a preowned game 50% off. Good for some of those Nintendo games that won't see discounts for awhile if you want to gamble on it being CIB.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I had an old B2G1 tab up on Target, and apparently that was enough to convince customer service to apply it to my latest order

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has 3 month Game Pass Ultimate codes back up for $22.99! This is what I was waiting for because I had a $40 Amazon gift card.

As a reminder: turn off Game Pass Ultimate recurring billing before you redeem each code. This will give you an extra month every time you redeem it (meaning 2 3 month codes = 8 months of GPU). If you have an active GPU subscription, turn off recurring billing on your "manage subscriptions" page on the Microsoft website before you redeem your first new code. Thanks to this, I bought 4 codes from a combo of Amazon and Best Buy, and actually got 16 months!

pepperono

Nov 12, 2017
Awesome, thanks! That makes it a lot easier to redeeming these. Man, so it's really $68.97 a year or $5.75 a month for GPU. That's one hell of a deal.

Edit: Doh, my second redemption only gave me 3 months...
Hmm that's strange. Did the option show up again referring to auto-renew on the second code? Each time I entered, the check box showed up and I just left it checked.

I went from next-renewal date of 7/21 to 3/22 on my account.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm that's strange. Did the option show up again referring to auto-renew on the second code? Each time I entered, the check box showed up and I just left it checked.

I went from next-renewal date of 7/21 to 3/22 on my account.

It didn't on the second time. I've tried turning off auto renew and then trying to redeem the code, but still no option or offer. I'm not sure what's going on.

pepperono

Nov 12, 2017
It didn't on the second time. I've tried turning off auto renew and then trying to redeem the code, but still no option or offer. I'm not sure what's going on.
I did mine on the website for my Microsoft account, and I entered them back to back.

Other than entering on the console itself, can't think of anything else as to why it wouldn't work for you. Weird.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I did mine on the website for my Microsoft account, and I entered them back to back.

Other than entering on the console itself, can't think of anything else as to why it wouldn't work for you. Weird.

Ya, I was on the website too but the only difference is I didn't do them back to back since I was trying to figure out if I had to turn off auto renew before redeeming the second one. I guess I can try on the console directly to see if I get the offer. Other than that, I guess if that doesn't work, I can wait to see if trying to redeem it at a later date will offer it.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
I am thinking about buy the Samsung q80t, I know best buy is doing there black friday sales now, but will they come out with a bigger discount on black friday or cyber monday? Any advice?

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for amazon to price match for Nier :/

Only got persona 5 so far, I think that will keep me busy for a while

Oct 27, 2017

slickdeals.net

Or this a little older

slickdeals.net

Thanks a lot! Bought one of those, I'm good till 07/2022.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if this is a Black Friday deal, but digital version of Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is $49.99 at Target.

www.target.com

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch (Digital)

Read reviews and buy Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch (Digital) at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Usually this is also on sale in January, but worth considering.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Amazon has 3 month Game Pass Ultimate codes back up for $22.99! This is what I was waiting for because I had a $40 Amazon gift card.

As a reminder: turn off Game Pass Ultimate recurring billing before you redeem each code. This will give you an extra month every time you redeem it (meaning 2 3 month codes = 8 months of GPU). If you have an active GPU subscription, turn off recurring billing on your "manage subscriptions" page on the Microsoft website before you redeem your first new code. Thanks to this, I bought 4 codes from a combo of Amazon and Best Buy, and actually got 16 months!
Didn't seem to do it for me, my auto recurring billing is off. Do I have to redeem from the console itself? I didn't online from my phone, on the Microsoft redeem site, maybe I'm supposed to do it from my console to get the extra month option?

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't seem to do it for me, my auto recurring billing is off. Do I have to redeem from the console itself? I didn't online from my phone, on the Microsoft redeem site, maybe I'm supposed to do it from my console to get the extra month option?
I did it on the desktop website! But you're not the only one to say it didn't show up for them, no idea what determines it.

Status
Not open for further replies.