• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I got DBZ: Kakarot from Target for $15.

I'm thinking about getting Watch Dogs: Legions at BestBuy but I have a feeling it will drop even more in a month or so.

If you have a PS5, it being $30 plus a $10 reward certificate making it essentially $20 is going to be hard to beat anytime soon.

Anyone know if Yakuza Like a Dragon will be on sale digitally?

Microsoft has their Xbox Live sale going on and it's not on sale so very unlikely, especially with how new it is.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Picked up 10 PS4 games in the past week. Got Minecraft Dungeons, Tony Hawk 1 and 2 remaster, Maneater, FF7 Remake, The Outer Worlds, Watch Dogs: Legion, Doom Eternal, Ghost Warrior Unlimited(Ghost Warrior Contracts and GW3 with all DLC). Another Minecraft Dungeons and Saints Row the Third remaster for my friend for Xmas so we can do coop.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got FE3H, FFX/X2, FFXII, Civ6, and Digimon for my Switch for $100. Should last me a while

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Unless you're talking about GameStop, Best Buy and Walmart will sell you a digital code that they'll e-mail you. No need to ship. If you're talking about Best Buy's physical card, you can get around the shipping minimum by ordering something for in store pickup that will bring you over the minimum and then cancel that order so you get free shipping on the item you want.
I was referring to gamestop. I got 8 cards from BB, 2 from amazon. Only need 1 more to hit 3 years, so I planned on GS for that.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I was referring to gamestop. I got 8 cards from BB, 2 from amazon. Only need 1 more to hit 3 years, so I planned on GS for that.

Oh ya, you're the lucky one with Best Buy. Sorry, still waking up =) You might want to see if the combination of in store pick up of a bogus item and shipping works at GameStop then. Another thing to try is see if you can do a preorder and then cancel the preorder once it qualifies for free shipping.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Long shot but any word on deals for Black Ops Cold War for PS5? Only interested in the campaign so not trying to pay $70 lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing eshop/psn cards on sale anywhere.

Getting them on sale and then buying a game that is on sale on a storefront is like double dipping

Usually see them but maybe they will come later or maybe just not at all because of the new console launches

Also sometimes there is an ebay deal on them so I will stay patient for now :)

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
Are you sure you're not hitting the 3 year limit allowed on your account? If so that's troubling to hear.
I only had about 2 years stocked up, so I wasn't hitting the 3-year limit. Not sure what the issue was, but I just tried again later and the other 2 codes worked. Best Buy maxed me out at 3 orders, so I got an extra 9 months out of the deal. Was hoping to top off my GPU, but I'll take 2 years and 9 months. I even got an extra month for turning on auto-renewal, but as long as I keep topping it off with good deals I'll never have to worry about it.

I'm so hyped to have almost 3 years of GPU as well as an Xbox Series X. I am all set for a good bulk of the next generation!

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Added Madden to my haul. Curious to try out the next gen stuff. If it isn't for me it still trades well at GameStop so ~$12 worth of enjoyment ($27 spent - $15 trade) would be worth it.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I only had about 2 years stocked up, so I wasn't hitting the 3-year limit. Not sure what the issue was, but I just tried again later and the other 2 codes worked. Best Buy maxed me out at 3 orders, so I got an extra 9 months out of the deal. Was hoping to top off my GPU, but I'll take 2 years and 9 months. I even got an extra month for turning on auto-renewal, but as long as I keep topping it off with good deals I'll never have to worry about it.

I'm so hyped to have almost 3 years of GPU as well as an Xbox Series X. I am all set for a good bulk of the next generation!

Well I'm glad the codes worked. Heh I was starting to get worried because I'm stocking up on codes since I won't be able to redeem them all because of the 3 year limit. It'll be a couple years before I can redeem all of these. You still have Walmart coming on Wednesday to get some more at $22.99.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I got 2x 3-month game pass ultimate cards from Best Buy but that's probably all I'm getting this year. I've already got 3 years of GPU loaded before these two cards anyway so I've got GPU for a looooong time lol.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Wrapped up my Black Friday with an Xbox Series Control from the MS store, a DS220+ NAS to upgrade my old one, and two more years of NSO. Just need to buy an iPad on Wednesday and I will be done. Easiest year yet.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Is a 1440p 144hz worth it for the series x and ps5, or should I get 1080p 165hz

Additionally is HDR worth it?

1440p is fine for Series X but PS5 doesn't support 1440p output so it'll only display it at 1080p most likely unless you find a 1440p monitor that will take a 4K signal. HDR is definitely worth it but HDR in monitors isn't that great and a lot of monitors claim to support HDR but don't really display it.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wrapped up my Black Friday with an Xbox Series Control from the MS store, a DS220+ NAS to upgrade my old one, and two more years of NSO. Just need to buy an iPad on Wednesday and I will be done. Easiest year yet.
Did Synology have sale? I'm interested in picking up some nas hard drives and turning my old computer into a nas, but if I can get a Synology nas at a good price i would mind picking one up.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't have the link handy anymore, but US Microsoft has the Xbox Series S/X controller for 40 instead of 60. Sadly, US only, else I would have bought one :/

Oct 27, 2017
So far I got Control Ult for $20, and I picked up a GPU card - but question: It prompted me to convert my account from XBL Gold to GPU but Ive already done that? Hesitated because if I can always find a XBL card and max that out then convert _again_ that be great. Anyone been able to double convert? I dont even see XBL 12month cards anywhere anymore cheap.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the sales this year, everything seems to be going for sale on different days at different stores. In previous years, the ad would come out, I'd make a list of the stuff I wanted and how much it was at each place. The sales would go live on Thursday/Friday at times stated in the ads, and I'd log in and be able to buy like 90% of what I wanted. Easy.

This year stores are putting some stuff up for sale super early and with no real warning, while other items don't go on sale until later, but still long before actual "Black Friday". I've mostly stopped trying to keep up with it since the sales haven't been that great anyway.

Last edited:

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Well Best Buy sale is up and have been considering a PC gaming desktop for quite awhile. What would anyone recommend. There was a good one that was $750, but seems it's sold out.

Personally holding off on getting the new consoles, so hopefully one of these desktops will be good enough for me.
that $750 one seems ok but just be aware pre builts usually use cheap parts. So you have have ryzen 5 3600 and rx 5600, they usually use a cheap mobo or a cheap psu etc. If you have $750 to spend i would just build my own. You can build something comparable to that and have good parts.

edit: looked at the specs they don't tell you what the psu, mobo, or ssd they are using or the kinds of ram sticks. I would pass honestly.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
that $750 one seems ok but just be aware pre builts usually use cheap parts. So you have have ryzen 5 3600 and rx 5600, they usually use a cheap mobo or a cheap psu etc. If you have $750 to spend i would just build my own. You can build something comparable to that and have good parts.

edit: looked at the specs they don't tell you what the psu, mobo, or ssd they are using or the kinds of ram sticks. I would pass honestly.

Just how difficult is it to build a PC?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How is the base Borider lands 3 package? It's only 20.00 on PSN but I noticed it has a ton of DLC

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
13 Sentinels is finally $30 at Amazon, yesss, bout to buy it from there instead

Status
Not open for further replies.